No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listed is an 1979 GS850 sport tuering motorcycle, it is a very comfortable bike. I am only seling it because I need a mode of transport emedietly and dont have the time to put it back to gether, cuerrently it is disasembled parshily but it is not a hard job, it just takes a litel time and pachents. In the end it would be the best bike for enybody. I have all the parts to put it back to gether and make it run like new! I am flexible with the price of $1200.00. Cash is prefured!
    That listing makes me want to stab my eyes out and/or random things. Wow.

Comment

Not craiglist, but gotta be a serious contender... particularly the value for money

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Green View Post
        Not craiglist, but gotta be a serious contender... particularly the value for money

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=294179586

He should knock off about $9,980 because it needs air in the front tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Green View Post

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=294179586

I ran a quick currency exchange rate for this. He is asking the equvilant of $6749 US dollars for a 250 Honda engine in a hacked up Suzuki frame, with the typical flat black rattlecan paint job. If I am reading the ad correctly, he can't even verify if the motor even runs?!!?

This might be the worst value so far on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by toejams1 View Post
            I ran a quick currency exchange rate for this. He is asking the equvilant of $6749 US dollars for a 250 Honda engine in a hacked up Suzuki frame, with the typical flat black rattlecan paint job. If I am reading the ad correctly, he can't even verify if the motor even runs?!!?

You dont understand. It is a ONE of a kind and he built it with his very own big honking hammer and hacksaw.

Earl
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Some things are so ugly they are cute, you know, like buck toothed bulldog puppies, fat chicks, old Hondas.
              Other things are just ugly.
              This abortion of a bike is the latter.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Hmmm...says he's open for trades...I wonder...my $40,000 GK, and he'd pay me the difference...?

Comment

Originally posted by COGS View Post
                  Hmmm...says he's open for trades...I wonder...my $40,000 GK, and he'd pay me the difference...?
                  I have a $10,000 lawnmower I'd trade straight across, it doesn't run or anything, and the wheels are missing, no wait, on second thought I wouldn't trade.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

"photos really speak for themselves" - that's no lie.
                    Current Bikes:
                    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I have noticed a pattern on the ads for these "customized" gems. Nearly all of the following rules apply to these CL ads:

a. It seems punctuation is completely unnecessary in the ad.
                      b. Silly things like engine displacement or mileage are not important to sell
                      the bike.
                      c. The bike must be mentioned as a "head turner".
                      d. Using a hacksaw requires labor, so that labor cost is included with
                      price of the bike. That is why these "bobbers" cost more than what
                      the bike is worth completely stock.
                      e. Flat black paint makes the bike "cooler"
                      f. Any rear suspension, though safer and far more comfortable, will
                      will actually make the bike less desirable, so it must be removed.

Stop! I am laughing too hard it hurts!

Comment

a fleabay jewel

i have been working alittle by alittle but now i wont sale
                        this bike i was injoy my self ..also i have more stuff for bike to put in bike ..

old engine is dead i take out than change a new engine only 1500 Mileage original, i put in motorbike

i keep angine 28 years in box now i put in motor bike new angine (( NO LEAK NO DAMEGE ORIGINAL ENGINE ))

and also alittle more work (will be end) than will be good to injoy bike Collectibles and also i have sprey paint bran new make in jepan i give that free...i am salling $ 200.00 GOOD LUCK INJOY BIKE

any question email

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/suzuk...item27b23f3cd1

this bike i was injoy my self ..also i have more stuff for bike to put in bike ..

Old engine is dead i take out than change a new engine only 1500 mileage original, i put in motorbike

i keep angine 28 years in box now i put in motor bike new angine (( no leak no damege original engine ))

and also alittle more work (will be end) than will be good to injoy bike collectibles and also i have sprey paint bran new make in jepan i give that free...i am salling $ 200.00 good luck injoy bike

any question email

bwuahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sometimes you gotta wonder if people like that are taking the ****

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...item27b23f3cd1

old engine is dead i take out than change a new engine only 1500 Mileage original, i put in motorbike

i keep angine 28 years in box now i put in motor bike new angine (( NO LEAK NO DAMEGE ORIGINAL ENGINE ))

and also alittle more work (will be end) than will be good to injoy bike Collectibles and also i have sprey paint bran new make in jepan i give that free...i am salling $ 200.00 GOOD LUCK INJOY BIKE

any question email

Uuuuh, I'm guessing he has to be foreign.

Call me crazy. I'm not 100% sure I understand what the hell he is trying to say, but if that 2nd "angine" he installed in the bike is running, $200 really isn't that horrible a price. Especially if he is throwing in the old engine he removed which could be used for parts. But then again, that is based on the assumption that I read the ad correctly............

Comment

funny of the day??

Do you think he picked it up for $10 in lower Manhattan? But it is real, isn't it?....

Comment

Working...
                              X