No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The amazing part to me is to have a 14 year old bike with ONLY 3,000 miles on it. What the hell did he do with it for all those years?!

Ohh and he wants 10 grand for it .

1998 road king classic

less than 3000 miles beautiful bike

call 570-269-5067 ask for Ben

Last edited by Guest; 11-01-2012, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
      The amazing part to me is to have a 14 year old bike with ONLY 3,000 miles on it.
      My Wing is two years newer and has 177,000 more miles on it.

And I'm not home all that much to ride it.

And it shares time with my 850.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Not a motorcycle, but very funny.

Totally Fantastic Couch! - $40 (Marble Falls TX)

Date: 2012-10-31, 3:04PM CDT
        kmdvn-3377736046@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have for sale, the most amazing couch on the planet. This couch absolutely ROCKS! Let this couch whisk you away to a world of comfort and adventure, just what a person (or an animal-hell, even an extra terrestrial) could use after a hard day's work, and not to discriminate, isn't relaxation, comfort and adventure something that is deserved by even the most lazy slob on the planet? YOU BET!! So weather you are an 80+ hour a week work-a-holic, or a fat lazy pizza eating video game playing loser, you NEED this couch! Check out this EXCITING list of features!

-It most definitely IS a couch, nothing more, nothing less.
        -It does not have a van console with cup holders, nor does it recline, but that's white trash anyway, who wants that
        -It's freakin' HEAVY, deceivingly so, is this couch filled wtih lead? Who knows, they made 'em different back in the day...we're talking good old American, craftsmanship!
        -It looks like something that came from your 97 year old grandmother's house and was willed off to you, or at least, that's what you can tell people....do I smell a family heirloom?

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS, ALLOW ME TO COME TO THE COUCH'S DEFENSE

Let's say you work all the time, are never home, and just want a couch because you don't have one, and all that standing around gets to be really awkward when people come over...if you don't have friends, that last part doesn't apply. If this is you, then this is the couch for you! You will never see it, You probably will never even use it, but it's nice to know it's there, and people won't think you are weird for "choosing to live without furniture" trust me on this one, you do not want to go down that road...the questions, the nagging, the weird looks and head shaking...not fun at all.

Or, option B

You don't work, you live in your mom's basement. This couch comes basement approved by the American Counsel of All Things Loser (ACATL) Think about it, you play video games, you eat pizza, but it's getting increasingly difficult with each passing day to sit cross legged in front of the TV because of the ever-expanding girth of your fat folds. Now you'll have a couch! Get fatter in new, innovative ways! Also, if you bring a woman home, you can.....oh hell, who an I kidding, you couldn't get a woman if you had a $100.00 bill hanging from your zipper. Still, you need this couch, if you don't buy it, you'll feel, well, even worse about yourself, and face it, nobody needs that ****.

If you buy this couch, it will stop the aliens from visiting every night and implanting you with monitoring devices. Aliens hate couches, especially this one.

BUY THIS COUCH NOW!

Remember that line from that Jackson Browne song "don't think it wont happen just because it hasn't happened yet" ? Well, that song was written about you buying this couch, you're sitting there thinking "what an *******, that couch isn't that great" But Jacking ****ing Brown wrote a song about it! He said, basically that you WOULD INDEED PURCHASE THIS COUCH!

Seriously now, in addition to everything else I mentioned, this couch has a rock&roll connection! Austin hippies unite!

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
          Damn dude, $500??? I feel bad for the guy but he must have a head injury to be asking that much for a wrecked bike.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/3373499285.html
          Another ran-when-parked!

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
            Another ran-when-parked!
            Sadly, my friend has a complete bike for this sitting in his backyard. Last I saw it was up to dirt just beyond the brake calipers. If all was good on this and it was much closer, I might pay $150

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
              http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/3371855946.html

I think its gonna need more then a tuneup... It has no airbox or pods. And a sheet for a seat cover
              Another case of - "Hey look, I took half the parts off, flipped the bars and never got it to run worth a crap, so let me ask as much or more for it than if it were a mint all original running bike" " This is a SWEET cafe bike"-

Get fuc**d seller! These ads are gettin old.
              Last edited by Guest; 11-01-2012, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Totally Fantastic Couch! - $40 (Marble Falls TX)

That is great had to re post on facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                  Total classic! I like this guy. He is selling me a bike AND top notch entertainment.
                  Christopher Walken.....now I cant stop doing my impersonation of him in my head. HA
                  Great ad.
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu,_pogodi!

the guy is using a Russian cartoon character on the gas tank
                  its funny as hell a cigarette smoking hare chasing dog.

Comment

What's wrong here...

Hurry, don't let me get broad.

750 suzuki runs and drives great started turning it into a bobber but got broad only thing it needs to ride the way it is a pitcock $12 on ebay , gas cable$10 on ebay and a clutch cable $14 on ebay .old one's broke every thing works on ittires are good they hold air i have a clean title for it $900 obo email or 18106101385 text only

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
                    PostingID: 3359435393

Comment

I feel sorry for the broad he does get.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

At least the tires hold air....
                        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I wish the picture was clearer: there are only 2 exhaust pipes! The side pic shows the motor cases to be from a 450, not 750. I wonder if the PO convinced him it was a 750 (more $$$$).

And, yeah, broad is meant to be board, but that still ain't right.

Comment

Bored. Perhaps?

Comment

I don't know much about vintage BSA's but I don't think this is worth what he's asking.

1956 BSA Gold Star Project, Alternator Crank - $10000 (larkspur)

Matching numbers, DBD 34 GS 2324 and frame CB 32 5644
                              I bought the frame from Bob Arnold's Cycle Stop at East 14th and High Street in roughly 1968. The concept for this bike is to have modern lighter suspension, disc brakes front and rear, modern electrics and to be very traditional looking in the middle. One of the things that always bothered me about the stock magneto was if you wanted to remove the head, you had to "un-time" the ignition and start over. As you know, a royal pain. It's fitted for a central oil tank and has a flat side, side oil bag that I was going to convert to an air cleaner and comes with a rounded style tool box.
                              Chassis:
                              The front forks are Ceriani double lugged Road Race that are NOS, with Banke triple clamps and Banke built wheels, the front is a 19" single disc wheel. The 18" rear wheel is a Barnes type hub with disc. Both have Excel shouldered rims and Buchanan stainless spokes. The tires are new Avon Super Venoms. The brake calipers are Grimeca. The footrests are reproduction factory rear sets. The frame cross tube that the upper gear box plates bolt to was replaced by Dick Mann and has strengthening gussets. Tapered steering head bearings were installed By Kosman when they were at 340 Fell Street. The seat is a brand new Leighton seat that I hand carried back from England years ago. The gas tank is a large BSA tank, ready to be converted to large badges. I have the correct Goldie filler neck to be fitted. The new reproduction fenders suffered some rust in a bad storage situation. The rear fender stays were made by John Batcheler and are indistinguishable from factory. These suffered a small amount of rust as well. NIB Goldie "twitter" silencer, hand carried back from England, perfect chrome. The header pipe is original BSA and has a small amount of "rash", but with otherwise excellent chrome. Complete set of new rubber bits, still in the bag.
                              Engine:
                              Phil Pearson alternator crankshaft. I have 2 ½ sets of alternator primary cases that go with the bike. The head is being finished now by Craig Hanson at Hanson Racing Technology in Chico. He is putting in a shoe to "D" shape the exhaust port (this makes a HUGE difference!). The valves are NOS genuine BSA with NOS S&W springs, all bought years ago. As it's an alternator crank, you need a cush drive in the clutch or the rear wheel. I have a box of Triumph clutch hubs, chainwheels and engine shaft sprockets for duplex chain. The cases are NOT genuine Gold Star, which other than authenticity is a good thing. With modern smaller bearings, the standard cases are much stronger and flex less than Genuine Goldie items. The cases are drilled through and tapped so a Boyer (or other) pick up that can hold the gear for the tach drive, can be used. I have lots of timing chest parts along with oil pumps, you will get what you need without having to look around except for possibly cams. I have serviceable cams, but they have some wear. Cast alloy sump plate with magnetic plug. I have a T5 GP2 Carb, it could use a sleeve. I have a choice of floats, round, matchbox or fixed. Your choice. I also have a 38mm Flat Slide Mikuni that will need jetting. Your choice. Several pairs of Sifton push rods. Comes with a Phil Pearson 600cc cylinder and 90mm Suzuki (IIRC) piston. Many sets of extra cam followers with guides.
                              Transmission:
                              Most of a Ron Halem 5 speed. Some machining or assembly requires. Late type Triumph gears and shafts in excellent condition.
                              Sold with a Bill of Sale.

Comment

Hot diggity, it has a bill of sale with it!
                                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X