Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
    Hey it only has bad carbs, bad tires, body damage, and leaky forks. Other than that it's MINT ! ! ! What a steel at $1200 ! ! !
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/mcy/3431929878.html
    I love the high-quality pictures, too.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      Sure.

For the best, race proven motorcycle parts, visit www.GRAVESPORT.comVideo provided exclusively by ★Tyler Kirk Films★ 3D

sigpic
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

It's the coolest! Yea... No

http://lincoln.craigslist.org/mcy/3424223094.html

Custom built 1976 KZ 750 twin rat chopper bobber. blew the motor up last summer so the new motor now is a 1980 with the updated charging system. bike runs awesome is very loud and is a blast to ride. foot clutch, side shift. The bike now has 13 inch ape hangers on it. In a bind and have to sell but don't want to so I am not really negotiable with the price. This things turns heads EVERYWHERE I take it. Phone is being shut off tonight so please reply to this ad via e-mail. randr1774 at hot mail dot you know. Thanks

I'm sure it turns heads because it's loud and you look ridiculous with 13 inch ape hangers. At least he kept them below the legal size limit (15 inches). Oh and can you still call it a 76 if it has an 80 motor in it?? And if you are in a bind and unwilling to negotiate, then that might explain why you are in a bind to start with.

Comment

Um....

'83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Um is right...
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
              Um is right...
              What I've learned is you can much more for a crappy bike by cutting the back off, painting it flat black all over, leaving half of the parts off, and marketing it like an OCC custom ride.

Got it. I should be able to get 10K for my 650G this way.
              1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
              1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Hilarious.

Dirt bike handles. 1/2" clearance on the pipe. No front brake.

Comment

That link is already being taken down. Sold already? Was going to see what he was asking for it. Wonder what the chain is for close to the footpegs???? Is that long rod a pull for a steam plug at the end of the pipe?

Comment

Still there. The rod is for the rear drum brake. He wants a paltry $3k.

Comment

Yup link is gone, just tried...anyways Good god amighty!
                      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post

This bike has been ruined.. it sits so low the only way you could have pipes is high pipes.. there is no effing way I would ride that thing 10 feet set up as is..

I agree with the person above, people are crazy.. how can you strip and gut a bike, make unsafe and just downright moronic mods, and ask 2-3 times what a super clean stock bike is worth? Apparently they never attended rodding 101, 90% of the time when you chop something up, it lowers its resale value.. even if it raises its value in the owners eyes.

That bike is slower and worse handling than the day it was produced by a TON.. so are most all of these bobber projects.. I liked it better when cafe racers were all the rage

Comment

lol, that looks like a spark plug sticking out at the back of the pipe, for lighting unburnt fuel and shooting flames out!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug B. View Post
                            This bike has been ruined.. it sits so low the only way you could have pipes is high pipes.. there is no effing way I would ride that thing 10 feet set up as is..

I agree with the person above, people are crazy.. how can you strip and gut a bike, make unsafe and just downright moronic mods, and ask 2-3 times what a super clean stock bike is worth? Apparently they never attended rodding 101, 90% of the time when you chop something up, it lowers its resale value.. even if it raises its value in the owners eyes.

That bike is slower and worse handling than the day it was produced by a TON.. so are most all of these bobber projects.. I liked it better when cafe racers were all the rage
                            Well, I like to think I'm a glass half full kind of guy........... And in that spirit, this bike is perfect for me!!

You see, I have a lengthy, paved driveway and a couple times a week I find myself spending 15 or 20 minutes walking up and down the driveway with a leaf blower. It's a fairly mindless task.

BUT,...... with the all new silver shadow 2000, I can drastically reduce my driveway blowing time and get back to what I really love to do..........

Comment

Is this how they advertise in prisons ?

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                                You see, I have a lengthy, paved driveway ...
                                Waddaya mean "lengthy"?

Looking at it on Google Earth, it's only 454 feet (138 meters) long.

sigpic
                                Family Portrait
                                Siblings and Spouses
                                Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                                X