• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackandBlue View Post
    Yeah, that'll buff right out.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I feel sorry for his wife, this guy has no sense of what something is worth

Excitedly having a baby boy, my wife says all toys must go.

1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I guess when you go to buy front brake pads, you just screw them to the bottom of your boots

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/mcy/3492317421.html
          LOL. On the plus side, it does appear to have a Bonneville engine, including the Amal carbs.

Comment

He would have been a lot better off to have kept his $24.000 in the first place. He isn't going to get remotely close to that as it sits.
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
              No one is going to give him 10 grand for any bike that doesn't even run at this point. As months pass buy, he'll get the picture.
              It's called a parts bike. The only way he is going to get anything out of it is to either finish it or return it to stock. What a shame, and a waste of a classic bike.

Comment

Exactly, that bonny in it's classic dress would have been more desirable, especially when it comes to resale, another example of how much somebody sunk into a project not realizing $$ put into a bike just don't equate to value when it comes to re-selling, who knows, maybe there's 24k in there somewhere, I don't see it.
                Finished he might get a decent dollar, but I don't see him getting his asking price though.
                People just don't get it. You customize a classic/collectable bike, it loses value, period. There's no way around it. You simply can't fix stupid.
                Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

If he really paid 1000 dollars just to paint the tank, he's not very good at picking winners. The extensive modifications, including grafting a different front end on, completely destroyed any interest Triumph lovers would have for the bike.

But hey, he spent every single day, all day, for 2 years pouring 24K into a half finished project bike that looks like a project bike. Sucks to be him.
                  1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                  1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

$10K for that and he couldn't finish the seat?
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

http://lansing.craigslist.org/mcy/3411716270.html

1983 Suzuki GS 750 (on its way to be Cafe Racer) - $850 (Charlotte)

Date: 2012-11-15, 12:51PM EST

1983 Suzuki GS 750. has 3X,XXX miles. Ready to be turned into a Cafe Racer.

First year of these motorcycles to have mono rear shock. Great winter project! Bike runs but needs some love, I just dont want a Suzuki anymore. Needs carb work. It takes a while for it to warm up. Needs oil pan gasket(I made one out of cork gasket material but didn't cut it correctly, I know what needs to be done) I cut 6" out of the rear sub frame and welded it back together. I shortened the seat up and had it refrabriced. It has Clubman cafe racer style handle bars. I have everything to put it back to stock (Headlight, headlight plastic, stock handlebars, cluster, and other odds and ends) except for the 6" of frame and stock seat. Has slip on Supertrapp muffler. Will trade for another project or money. I can take more pictures if need be. I NEED TO GET RID OF THIS. I need a little bit bigger bike. Call or email with questions 5one7-2four3-6862

Why did it have to be a 750 . Hope the next owner can make something cool out of it
                      1984 GS550ES
                      Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
                      4700 miles

1978 GS1000E...Resto-mod to come

Comment

Here's one from Akron -

1983 HarleyDavidson - $10000 (akron)

Date: 2012-12-21, 3:57PM EST
                        Reply to this postReply to: vpj2j-3494136331@sale.craigslist.org[?]

LOCAL SALE
                        NO TEXTING
                        NO PAYPAL
                        STRAIGHT UP CASH....
                        YOU WANT IT CALL ME IF YOUR GOING TO BUY IT...
                        ITS ALL NEW EVERY PEICE OF THIS BIKE HAS BEEN RESTORED, OR NEW
                        HAS NOT BEEN RODE YET BUT AROUND THE BLOCK..
                        POWERFUL SHOUVEL HEAD
                        AFTER MARKET ALUMIMUM DUEL PLUG HEADS
                        I GOT 17K INVESTED IN PAINT AN MOTOR.. 10900 IS A GREAT DEAL FOR THIS BIKE....
                        VERY RARE 1983 SHOUVEL HEAD
                        5 SPEED TRANNY
                        STD DUEL PLUG HEADS
                        NEW TOP END
                        CV CARB
                        K&N FILTER CLEAR OHIO TITLE
                        FRESH MOTOR ( NOT BROKE IN )
                        BUILT BY CRAIG IN PORTAGE LAKES
                        330-431-0686
                        may trade for 4x4 with plow.. must be nice.. no junk
                        I HATE TO SELL IT BUT MY FAMILY COMES FIRST..
                        THEN TOYS....

$17K in paint and motor alone? Seeing as he claims to have both aftermarket and stock heads on the bike, I guess it's not cheap to put four heads on a twin cylinder bike.

"I HATE TO SELL IT BUT MY FAMILY COMES FIRST..
                        THEN TOYS.... " Much further down the list are spelling, grammer, and common sense.

Comment

I could see that shovel selling for 10k. That engine work he did ain't cheap, and when you take harley parts in for chrome or paint the shops all seem to charge more than they would charge to paint or chrome suzuki parts, lol

Comment

Nice quad by the way! If you get it done I wanna come take it for a spin.

Comment

I like the ads where the seller takes a tough guy stand with buyers who he needs money from. I feel so good when someone talks down to me that way when they are gracious enough to let me buy something from them.

I feel like sending this guy an email with a spelling and grammar corrected version of his ad and a bill for 100 dollars for services rendered.

Comment

You should list this on CL for 10000 dollars as a awesome project with 25 K invested and a sacrifice at that price.

Comment

Working...
                                X