Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    Price is a little high, maybe not crazy but he says the tires are good. lol..check out the pic of the tires.
    http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/mcy/3493845931.html
    he's been posting that for about 4-5 months now

Looks nice, he just needs a more reasonable price
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by gsgeezer View Post
      That seat IS a "classic"!
      For the hell of it I decided to text him to see if I could get more info on the bike. Cheap enough it might be worth it for another project (like I need it...um no).

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
        http://lincoln.craigslist.org/mcy/3501619290.html

I'm thinking he's probably a bit off on his estimate. No mention of mileage. The airbox appears to be missing, and that tail pipe? But it is a kick-start and has wire rims. At this point I wouldn't touch that for $600, maybe half that.
        no front mudguard either. I wouldn't pay more than $300 for it, and that's being generous.

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
          no front mudguard either. I wouldn't pay more than $300 for it, and that's being generous.
          Yea, if the guy even responds to my txt, I'll probably pick the bike apart. Either he'll fold and I'll get it at a price that's worth taking or he won't. I have no problem walking away from it. I suspect the rear tire is shot too. It looks awful squared off in the pictures.

Comment

must be the Benelli tank

1975 honda cb360t - $3000 (West Hartford)

Date: 2012-12-12, 4:07PM EST
            Reply to this post 23q2g-3409899949@sale.craigslist.org[?]

Selling a Honda cb360t stock motor with pod filters, needs a carb cleaning and also needs to be re-jetted, Cafe seat, battery relocated under seat, clubman bars, new brakes, Benelli 360 tank, header wrap, ran last summer but I let it sit and it's not starting now. Tank is silver frame is red. 8k miles, Email me with contact info. Bike is located in west hartford. NO PAYPAL

Comment

pretty sure I've seen this one before

1977 Suzuki gs 400 for sale OBO - $2400 (Unionville)

Date: 2012-11-25, 3:07PM EST
              Reply to this post h6mkb-3413136250@sale.craigslist.org[?]
              I have a 1977 Suzuki gs400 cafe racer style motorcycle for sale. It is currently ct registered and it runs and drives great. The bike is a 6 speed with 15k original miles, and the motor is all original. The tank has been repainted, and I shortened the frame a little bit in the back, all the chrome is in good shape with minimal pitting or rust. Has low cafe style handlebars, can be turned back up to normal for your liking, and has all new custom headlight, tail light and turn signals. Bike has aftermarket air filter pods and I have a receipt of 900 dollars worth of carb work just done. I have put it in a show and had a good turn out of people looking at it and also gets a lot of looks going down the road. Bike runs and drives great. Looking for 2400 Or best offer. Selling for money to buy my friends car!! text me at 8602805915 or email me. No spam or scams please thanks

Comment

another GS400

I wouldn't pay more than $600 for this even with fuel lines, an installed petcock, and a new stator.

1977 Suzuki gs400 (meriden)

Date: 2012-11-18, 10:54AM EST
                Reply to this post n4frt-3418248353@sale.craigslist.org[?]
                up for grabs is my 1977 suzuki gs400. its a sweet looking little bike. hasn't been started in over a year. its my project but ive run out of time and funds to finish it. only things left to get this puppy running are some fuel lines, petcock put back in tank, and stator re-hard wired. it would be a quick inexpensive little project to have a badass ride for the spring, any questions or offers on this bike please call or text alex 203 535 4900
                i'm looking for 1200 for this bike but remember cash talks!

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
                  Yea, if the guy even responds to my txt, I'll probably pick the bike apart. Either he'll fold and I'll get it at a price that's worth taking or he won't. I have no problem walking away from it. I suspect the rear tire is shot too. It looks awful squared off in the pictures.
                  The entire rear fender and tail section are missing ,too. what a piece of crap. $100 max if it was me.

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                    The entire rear fender and tail section are missing ,too. what a piece of crap. $100 max if it was me.
                    As are the signal lights, in the front at least. The back has something that might be a blinker, but I can't be sure. I figure IF (a big IF) I pick this up, it'll be cheap and end up a cafe. Too incomplete to restore. I've not gotten a reply back on my inquiry so I suspect he's not even going to bother with me. Probably looking to dump it on a chump.

Comment

I like that overpriced Honda. ice looking little bike.
                      Too bad it's an overpriced Honda.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

anyone have a spare 850 engine?

MOTORCYCLES (EAST HAMPTON)

Date: 2012-11-28, 12:07PM EST
                        Reply to: see below
                        Desperately need engine for 4 cyinder ,shaft driven,1983 Suzuki GS850G. This is my only transportation. CALL JASON 860 817 8508
                        it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
                        PostingID:3414562829

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
                          http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/3413136250.html

1977 Suzuki gs 400 for sale OBO - $2400 (Unionville)

Date: 2012-11-25, 3:07PM EST
                          Reply to this post h6mkb-3413136250@sale.craigslist.org[?]
                          I have a 1977 Suzuki gs400 cafe racer style motorcycle for sale. It is currently ct registered and it runs and drives great. The bike is a 6 speed with 15k original miles, and the motor is all original. The tank has been repainted, and I shortened the frame a little bit in the back, all the chrome is in good shape with minimal pitting or rust. Has low cafe style handlebars, can be turned back up to normal for your liking, and has all new custom headlight, tail light and turn signals. Bike has aftermarket air filter pods and I have a receipt of 900 dollars worth of carb work just done. I have put it in a show and had a good turn out of people looking at it and also gets a lot of looks going down the road. Bike runs and drives great. Looking for 2400 Or best offer. Selling for money to buy my friends car!! text me at 8602805915 or email me. No spam or scams please thanks

900 in carb work? what what what?

Comment

Do drugs much?

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                            87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                            99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                            15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

damn it it's gone.
                              We should copy and paste em from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
                                damn it it's gone.
                                We should copy and paste em from now on.
                                Here you go!

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                                87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                                99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                                15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Working...
                                X