Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not necessarily a funny

Comment

Kind of a funny, it has new "breakes" not sure what those are, but anything with a new break is not a good thing.

Comment

Cafe passe, street trackers are where its at..

I do not know where to begin. I am pretty sure the exhaust is made of EMT, as evidenced by the cast EMT coupling.

Comment

It's an interesting build, for sure, but I have to wonder ... are the cylinders turned around?

It appears that the carbs are on the front of the engine and the exhaust goes out the back.

Then, the exhaust appears to go forward, under the bike into some straight pipes,
          then curves off into the EMT that bluewool was talking about,
          then into a muffler that might look right on a lawn mower.

And those cheap pods are going to get SOAKED when he rides past the neighbor's house while he is (over-)watering his lawn.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

On an RD rotating the cylinders is easy, but WHY?
            On a 2 stroke, that exhaust system has got to rob a ton of power. It either needs 2 stroke mufflers or expansion chambers, and it has neither. Very odd, very odd.

Comment

People flip them for the TZ replicas - a nice straight exhaust up under the seat or around the frame. Speaking of the frame I like the custom modifications to allow the carbs room up front. Rectangular tube 'welded(?)' to the round frame. He needs the money for his next abomination.
              Oh and those holes in the cooling fins ... WTF

oh and the guys at 2stroke world have seen it...

Last edited by Guest; 01-06-2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluewool View Post
                http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...517828763.html

I do not know where to begin. I am pretty sure the exhaust is made of EMT, as evidenced by the cast EMT coupling.

I remember that bike,it was at the Spunky's vintage show I went to with Trevor and a few guys from BCCMC.

Comment

I had wondered, once or twice, why on motorcycles the intake was at the rear of the engine and the exhaust on the front. After seeing this, it all became obvious.

I actually like the paint scheme somewhat. The blacked out spoke wheels against the yellow and grey are kinda nice. The rest of it is pretty "meh" for me, though. Especially that zip-tied sidecover.
                  Charles
                  --
                  1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

If he ended his spiel with "Trust Me", I would buy it!

Comment

It does have "shinny chrome". Isn't that called a parts bike? Just wondering.

Comment

columbus craigslist > for sale / wanted > motorcycles/scooters - by owner
                        please flag with care: [?]
                        miscategorized prohibited spam/overpost best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee More info
                        what a deal

Date: 2013-01-07, 4:48PM EST
                        Reply to this postReply to: 8r2xb-3529451452@sale.craigslist.org[?]

i see all these adds i know what its worth have upteen thousand in it blah blah blah.. well in todays econmy nothin has any value and the stupid nada book crap has never been anything to go by. the bike is only worth what someone is willing to spend and until you actually get a bike in pieces or tear one down and custom build it for yourself you will never understand the value of something. christ sake people americans need to get back to takin some pride in what you have and do .when you actually build a bike for yourself you put you blood sweat and tears in it theres a value there that no dollar amount can ever replace it. and if something in your life puts you in a sitiuation that you do have to sell it then you will realize the true value,its a pride that no one can ever take from you. even if it didnt come out perfect you still did it the flaws are part of the indviduality it seperates yours from all the rest.wheres the pride in winning a bike show with a bike american chopper built that you payed 100.000 for.grab some dam friends get old bike work on it together have some fun make some memories and save yourself thousands.i went to the easyrider bike show this year how pathetic. hardly anyone there tv bikes cost fortune to get in food drinks same way.. use to be you go to that show was packed guys use to sit with the bikes they built in there sheds or garages you could talk to them get ideas enjoy yourself talking with guys with a commom intrest. nows its about how much dam money you spent not to mention they moved it to convention center so now the vets dont get any money from it.. wtf is this world comein to.dam no one fixes anything anymore just buy a new one its become a diasposble world drive threw weddings come on nothing is made to last anymore.take dam old bike out fix the thing grab a kid teach him how to do it .spend time with the kids all they do is watch tv video games and drugs **** people wtf is wrong with ya. just my oponion and yes i know thats like an ******* theres lots of them.run you own add if you agree try to make a change lets take america back work hard take pride rebuild and fix things spend time with the children keep our freedoms exibit your religion have your old ladies represent you and pose on your bike not some dam model. ok ready for all the nasty emails tellin me where to stick it hopefully get a few that agree and hopefully even if dont agree with me you let me express myself and not flag it .best wishes to all IF YOU AGREE COPY PASTE AND REPOST ADD YOUR BIKE FOR THE PIC ADD KEEPS GETTING FLAGED SO KEEP REPOSTING
                        Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                        87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                        99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                        15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

louisville craigslist > for sale / wanted > motorcycles/scooters - by owner
                          please flag with care: [?]
                          miscategorized prohibited spam/overpost best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee More info
                          Motorcycle - $2400 (Bardstown)

Date: 2013-01-07, 12:22PM EST
                          Reply to this postReply to: n8vs4-3528681356@sale.craigslist.org[?]

I have an 1983 Suzuki gs 1100 bobbed out has a good title and runs just needs starter baring call or txt 502-507-2five12
                          Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                          87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                          99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                          15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

I know this was on here before months ago but its such a joke I share it again...and the price is down $1000 from last summer http://lincoln.craigslist.org/mcy/3522158065.html

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
                              I know this was on here before months ago but its such a joke I share it again...and the price is down $1000 from last summer http://lincoln.craigslist.org/mcy/3522158065.html
                              Yea, I saw that again too. Here is what I find funny/interesting:

I need to part with this bike for medical reasons. ... I would be open to trading it for an atv 4 wheeler of equal value. Hunting items would be considered as well.
                              So he can't ride the bike for medical reasons, but an ATV is OK? Or hunting equipment?

Maybe he shouldn't have made it into a hardtail back breaker!

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
                                Yea, I saw that again too. Here is what I find funny/interesting:

So he can't ride the bike for medical reasons, but an ATV is OK? Or hunting equipment?

Maybe he shouldn't have made it into a hardtail back breaker!
                                I love it when they say they have too many projects and must part with it but then offer to take another bike or project on trade. Have seen that many times!

By the way majicmarcer my son has just bought a 83' 850G and he wants to start a little ride locally for us GS'ers. Don't know if we'll ever do it or even if there enough of us GS'ers around here but I'll keep you in the loop

Comment

Working...
                                X