• Show
Clear All

That one is original that's for sure.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Don't slide too far off the back of this one:

1983 Suzuki bobber project - $1500 (Tipp City)

Date: 2013-01-13, 2:15PM EST
      Reply to this postReply to: k7vc2-3543153056@sale.craigslist.org[?]

1983 Suzuki 650 bobber project motorcycle. Interested in trades for truck. Call or text for details.

Call or text 937-520-6150

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
        Don't slide too far off the back of this one:

1983 Suzuki bobber project - $1500 (Tipp City)

Date: 2013-01-13, 2:15PM EST
        Reply to this postReply to: k7vc2-3543153056@sale.craigslist.org[?]

1983 Suzuki 650 bobber project motorcycle. Interested in trades for truck. Call or text for details.

Call or text 937-520-6150

650 chain drives are relatively rare. Such a shame he chose to chop that.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          I almost spit my coffee out reading this ad!! Just to entertaining!

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...542507656.html
          Already gone.

Any chance you saved a copy?

Why didn't you include a copy when you made your post?

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
            650 chain drives are relatively rare. Such a shame he chose to chop that.
            Good news, Earl.

I only see two exhaust pipes, I think it might be the GR650 Tempter.

The gauges look different than GS gauges, too.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              Good news, Earl.

I only see two exhaust pipes, I think it might be the GR650 Tempter.

The gauges look different than GS gauges, too.

Good news I guess, although GR's aren't plentiful either.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Is it worth even the scrap price?!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Already gone.

Any chance you saved a copy?

Why didn't you include a copy when you made your post?

Sorry Steve, here it is..

GSXR-600 (No Highballers Please) - $6000

Date: 2013-01-13, 5:06AM PST
                  Reply to this post Reply to: qhptd-3542507656@sale.craigslist.org[?]

Our family needs to purchase two GSXR 600 motorcycles. This ad attempts to fly in the face of conventional buy and sell culture where we engage in a pretend bartering process where neither purchaser nor seller are entirely honest about the cards they have to play. Typically, we enter a loveless game where one of us plays the roll of low baller, finding faults the vehicle in question, while the other enters the theatre of the highballer explaining the infallibility and untainted desirability of the item for sale. In contrast, I'm going to cut to the end of the negotiation and show my cards of front. I need two GSXR-600's with the following characteristics:

8500 kilometres or less. If you have a motorcycle with 15,000 cool highway miles; please don't contact me. I'm only interested in a bike with 9000 km or less. I'm sure yours is a great bike; but its not the one that I want.

2007 or newer (ideally 2008).

The bike has to be in pristine shape

$6000 price. We have $6000 to spend on each bike. Please do not contact me to convince me that you have a bike that is worth more for some reason. I can purchase a brand new 2012 GSXR 600 at the Holeshot motorcycle shop this afternoon for $9999 (asking price). They have two in stock. In this context, I think that $6000 is a fair and reasonable price for a motorcycle that someone has enjoyed for 5 years. If you have a bike that you think that you can get more for, then I encourage you to hang onto it to find the right buyer who is willing to pay you the price of your dreams.

That's the hand I have to play. It's the "bottom line". Please do not contact me if you are a highballer who wants to go on an imaginary trip to "Big Rock Candy Mountain" where the clouds are made of marshmallows, the rivers flow with rich milk chocolate and 5 year old GSXR's that get driven hard to within an inch of their lives are worth $8500. That isn't a world I'm interested in visiting.

Let's save ourselves some time and headache by not pretending that I only have $5000 to spend and that you expect to get $8000 when we can actually meet at a mutual bottom line of $6000. If you have the bike I describe above, then you pick up the transfer papers and I'll pick up the bank draft for $6000. I'm not going to try to talk you down. I'm not haggling, horse trading or tire kicking. I have the lead in my pencil to give you a cheque for $6000 so we can move onto the next chapter (you with $6000 in your jeans and me with one of the best engineered motorcycles in history).

Everyone makes mistakes; I'm willing to be wrong. If a 2008 GSXR with 8500 km really is worth $8000 then I realize it's a sign from the Almighty that I need to spend $1999 more to get a brand new one. In that case, the two brand new 2012 black GSXR-600's at Holeshot are our destiny and heaven awaits.

Thanks for reading my ad and good luck regardless. Oh, and a word of advice. If you are selling a motorcycle, make sure you've got plans to purchase another one. Having a motorcycle will keep you young. Having a family or a new baby on the way isn't an excuse to be without a motorcycle. You'll be a well-adjusted and better family man (or woman) when you possess a motorcycle.

Please contact: Cole @ 604-720-5164

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    Sorry Steve, here it is..

GSXR-600 (No Highballers Please) - $6000

Date: 2013-01-13, 5:06AM PST
                    Reply to this post Reply to: qhptd-3542507656@sale.craigslist.org[?]

I have the lead in my pencil to give you a cheque for $6000 so we can move onto the next chapter (you with $6000 in your jeans and me with one of the best engineered motorcycles in history).

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
                    Not sure if a check written in pencil is worth the ink.

Comment

...that is too much,Trevor...Thanks

It's Quite the effort for a cynic to write all that..but, Whatever,
                      Masochists "willing to be wrong" and using the word "pristine" are automatically flagged on Craigslist as perverts.

Comment

I think this may really be a Ducati

78 Suzuki 750 cafe racer(Looks like Ducati) - $1000 (Henderson TN)

I have a 78 Suzuki 750cc Motorcycle for sale that has been customized to look like an old Ducati Cafe racer. It has just been sitting under my porch for a few months since I bought a different motorcycle and I want somebody else to enjoy it. It's an old bike so it has some flaws but it gets lots of attention. It's been sitting so the battery is dead and it won't start. But if you charge the battery and run a little carb cleaner through it she should be good to go. She ran strong before I let her sit. Electric start doesn't seem to work but I always just used the Kickstart anyways. With the battery fully charged it would kickstart on the first or second time easy. The brake lights don't come on but are there, something funky with the wiring. Should be an easy project bike to get you lots of attention. It has an extended frame so it's really long and wrapped straight pipes so it sounds amazing. Willing to negotiate on the price because I want it to be sold quickly, but not to low since I don't have to sell it immediately. Call or text me anytime at 1-731-608-5843

I bet with that swingarm and safe looking flat stock replacing the shocks it handles and rides like a dream!
                        Last edited by Guest; 01-15-2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
                          I think this may really be a Ducati

I bet with that swingarm and safe looking flat stock replacing the shocks it handles and rides like a dream!
                          Hmmmmm........no mention of the custom murse in between the seat and the tank. With a bike of that caliper, it could be it's best selling feature.

Comment

This just might be a qualified entrant for the Piece Of Crap Of The Year Award.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

"but it gets lots of attention"
                              from lawyers and insurers, I bet.

Comment

Man, I can't believe how that looks just like an old Ducati!
                                -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Working...
                                X