Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
    The price is rediculous, but what really got my attention is his mixing brake fluid into the gas. Anyone remember the thread about what happens when you heat brake fluid? 1ppm will kill you. Talk about a toxic exhaust.
    Was that brake FLUID or brake CLEANER?

I seem to remember it as "cleaner", because the guy sprayed it to clean something, then welded it.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

One of a kind.....no kidding!

1983 GS1100E owned since 1992. SOLD!
      1990 RM250L since 1989.
      1986 XR250R since 1987. SOLD!
      1968? Suzuki B100P. SOLD!!!
      2 1992 XR100R's since 1995? for wife and daughter.(Just sold one 12/26/2016)
      1993 Z50R for other daughter but about to sell since she has out grown it. SOLD!!!
      2002 DRZ400S 12/04/10 SOLD!
      2006 DR650SE since May 2012
      2005 DL1000K5 since January 2013
      Green is just another color.

Comment

Looks like a bike front end grafted onto a riding lawnmower. If only he would put the cutting deck back on it, it might be useful. LOL
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

One of akind (Conway)
          Runs and drives great make offer call

sigpic
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by kdo58 View Post
            Must sell ASAP 81 SUZUKI GS750 GS 750 E - $4700 (port orchard)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

I have a 81 SUZUKI GS750 GS 750 E! I have to sell asap money for new dentures. Runs okay for an 1981. Backfires and has a small crack in the seat. Selling to the first person with the cash, price is not neg! no scams and im not shipping it! for the price its a good deal for any person who enjoys motorcycles. it needs a bath and it be shiny. i do have sissy bars for it also. bike was stored outside so the chain is kinda rusted (ceased) but a lil tri-flow will probly make it look like new. i just noticed some blueing on the exhaust pipe and it runs well with Dot 3 mix in with the fuel. I have a couple extra bottles of dot3 i got from dollar tree i can throw in
            $4700 eh...hummm, guess mine is worth saaaayy $8000 then?
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Wonder what the top speed is on the wheel horse? Nice seat for both driver and passenger! terrylee

Comment

It's that that something like this is being sold by a 'Custom' shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Was that brake FLUID or brake CLEANER?

I seem to remember it as "cleaner", because the guy sprayed it to clean something, then welded it.

I remembered it as someone using brake fluid as a cleaner to remove grease etc. Now you've made me not sure.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthTAiness View Post
                    It's that that something like this is being sold by a 'Custom' shop.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/mcy/4472035490.html
                    My first bike was this girl's little sister (CB350 w/6" over forks). Can't believe I took my road test on it.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                      I remembered it as someone using brake fluid as a cleaner to remove grease etc. Now you've made me not sure.
                      Here ya go, Earl: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...hlight=welding

sigpic
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride

Comment

Ahhh Haaaa! Although, I would not burn brake fluid either. You never know.

Comment

I thought the 750 ad was for sure a joke, but he lowered the price and now I'm not so sure. He added this:

$1000 price drop! I lowered the price from $4700 to $3700. I got a couple emails with people offering around $2800. I cant go that low, I am in to it for 150.00 and i need to make a profit to be able to buy a new boat. I know in the ad it said dentures, but I figured if I told people I want to buy a boat they wouldn't be as sympathetic
                          And at the bottom:

email me.. and no low ball offers i already lowerd the price 1000 off and some extra dot 3 for the fuel tank.
                          I am really not sure what to make of this! It's either a long-running joke or this guy wins the Craigslist Cracker of the year award.
                          Charles
                          --
                          1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post

I am really not sure what to make of this! It's either a long-running joke or this guy wins the Craigslist Cracker of the year award.
                            I think it falls into the "long running joke" category. It isn't going to sell at the new price either.

Comment

One of akind (Conway)
                              Runs and drives great make offer call

For the bad boy golfer!
                              Needs a sidecar for the club bags.

Comment

Only needs the carbs cleaned. He has two kits already !

Comment

Working...
                                X