No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about Arkansas, but there is no way that would pass an inspection for title here in Indiana.

It's a styling exercise with no practical value. Even if it were legal to ride on the street, you couldn't safely ride it above mini-bike speeds or further than around the block.

Actually, with the chain exposed like that and located where it is in relation to the seat, you couldn't ride it safely at all.

Geez, people are f***ing stupid.
    sigpic

SUZUKI:
    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
    HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
    KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
    YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
      I don't know about Arkansas, but there is no way that would pass an inspection for title here in Indiana.

It's a styling exercise with no practical value. Even if it were legal to ride on the street, you couldn't safely ride it above mini-bike speeds or further than around the block.

Actually, with the chain exposed like that and located where it is in relation to the seat, you couldn't ride it safely at all.

Geez, people are f***ing stupid.
      I think the redemption is that 99% of them probably never find a buyer and of the 1% that do, 99% of those never run. Of the 1 in a 100 that does run, they are ridden less than 20 miles before the new owner decides it is horrible. Then, it's back on Craigslist for another chance to be in the 99% that is passed over.
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Got a hard-tailed "Virgo" here.

Too bad, I was looking for a ruined Aquarius.....

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/4555464638.html
        One of those, cheap, would be a good basis of a nice chuckable town bike, once all the tart's handbaggery was removed. Not quite caféd, just chopped, in the original sense. I'm thinking along the lines of a cheapster Morini 500, kind of thing.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Maybe these people watch too many episodes of Orange County Chopper, get their creative juices flowing to try and one up a previous design, source a $200 parts bike and go to "work". What's usually left is what that ad illustrates, a bike out front leaning against a tree for everyone to eyeball, hardly if ever ridden, hoping to convince someone in a moment of impulsiveness to part with their hard earned $. I don't see a lock and chain on it so maybe he's hoping for an insurance claim?

Comment

GS carnage alive and well in NH

Maybe a GS300 bored out? Nice catalytic converter though...make the pipe a little higher to line up your mouth and you can rebreath the exhaust directly.

Comment

This one manages to cover almost every bobber cliché, except it's not entirely covered with flat black primer:

Only $2,700 for this engineering marvel.
              sigpic

SUZUKI:
              1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
              HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
              KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
              YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Mini moto

Date de l'affichage 22-juil.-14
                Prix 30,00 $
                Adresse Laval, QC
                Afficher la carte

À vendre par Propriétaire
                Marque Autre
                Modèle Autre
                Couleur Rouge

Description
                Je vend ma mini moto qui ne fonctionne plus, j'avais acheter une nouvelle piece et je pense que je l'ai mal installer, tres bon projet. A vendre au plus vite avant que ma mere la jette.
                Translation:

I am selling my mini-motorcycle not working anymore. I bought a part but I think I installed it wrong. Excellent project. For sale as soon as possible before my mom throws it away.
                Last edited by Highway_Glider; 07-23-2014, 08:30 AM.
                Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

This one manages to cover almost every bobber cliché, except it's not entirely covered with flat black primer:

Yeah, screwed up his 'baby' and can't get it back to ride-able because he doesn't have the original parts, so is dumping it on someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider View Post
                    WTH is with the metal rod sticking out the front???

Comment

Originally posted by Clone View Post
                      No clue.

Maybe the rider have no idea where the front wheel is and that's to give them an idea so they don't clip cars and sidewalks?
                      Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                      1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Sorry, but I don't think I would be willing to lay down on the tank to ride. Being as the fork mounted bars or whatever you call them are so far in and low. And talk about some major crotch damage with that hard tail rear end, having to practically lay on them to ride.
                        Last edited by Guest; 07-24-2014, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Camera mount

Comment

Originally posted by kjsamm View Post
                            Camera mount

I was thinking jousting

Comment

Notice the huge rear sprocket? It's geared for stunting. I will guess the rod is on the front so that when he overshoots a stoppie. the rod stabs the ground and keeps him from flipping forward and upside down. Probably a small wheel on the end of the rod.
                              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Groovy side covers.
                                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                                X