Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    Only $3000? Kelly Blue Book lists this exact bike for $7500!
    It only makes sense.

For about half the price, you get about half the bike.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Anybody notice how TWISTED it is ? ? ? Thing likely dog tracks 5" to the left ! ! !
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/4624699028.html

1978 Suzuki GS1000 Vintage Complete - $1800 (Pottstown)

1978 Suzuki GS1000 complete, barn find. This was pulled from a barn after sitting for over 20 years along with a 1978 Honda CB750 (see other listing). I got bike to start but didn't go any further. Could use some TLC, no title. Asking $1800 obo. Send email or text 610-583-5 eight eight 3.
        Might be worth checking out if you live in the area. Looks like 19k miles on the clock.

Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 3.38.38 PM.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
          That is insane. I am trying to visualize what type of body you would have to have in order to ride it. Do you think the guy has 2' legs and 6' arms?

It's a special bike built for those that have a problem with their hands dragging on the ground when they walk. LOL
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb View Post
            Honda bobber on eBay. I wonder if he decided to sell it before or after he took a pic with someone on the bike.
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Other-...-/271613901012

Long-distance touring? No need for those pesky potty stops?

Comment

I wanna know how in the heck he got it plated???
              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

That Honda has got some style, though compared to this ebay wonder. BuyNow for $3000

Comment

Wouldn't give him 3 hundred.

Comment

Tank is severely dented, wiring messed up - that I believe.

130 mph - I do not believe.

$3,000 - I do not believe that either.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

68mpg seems a bit high to me
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

This one just creeps me out.... The bike is nice but the seller has issues...

00N0N_4D2yKCI7dja_600x450.jpg

I just don't feel right letting your perky power commander III take on your original 118 bhp and 75 ft-lb of torque sit idle so much of the time; there has to be a better rider for you out there.

Much like when your first owner let you go in 2010, I will have a hard time saying goodbye to your torquey groans and good times. I'll happily send your rear seat cover, original sprocket and unused Corbin seat along with you. I hope you can look back at our time together as positive and know that, as a young bike with only 13k miles, you have many more good miles ahead of you.

And I have to confess, that though I still get a thrill from riding you, I have been seeing a couple Hondas and a Kawasaki lately. I can't ask you to stay around any longer, idely watching the other toys get all the attention.

Louisville, ky craigslist

Comment

Originally posted by craftsman View Post
                          https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/4624699028.html

Might be worth checking out if you live in the area. Looks like 19k miles on the clock.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36576[/ATTACH]
                          Too bad it's a 79, plus, it's only worth 1/3rd what's he's asking
                          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                          2007 DRz 400S
                          1999 ATK 490ES
                          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Ha ha. That is the second biggest pile of crap I have ever seen.
                            NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
                            Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Another hack-up with inflated valuation... do these EVER sell? This one is higher priced I guess because it needs a "tune-up".

1982 Suzuki GS1100G - $5500 (Lees Summit)

Unfortunately I'm having to put my 82' Suzuki GS1100G up for sale due to primarily health issues. It's a fully custom rebuilt bike but has a clear Mo. title in my name. I'm asking $5,500 though I have more than that invested, but, she needs to go and hopefully to a good home. Due to my health it has been worked on and ridden some but mostly sitting since May/April so Timing and Ignition could probably use a tune up. If interested please contact Kevin via email or text. Thank you.

Parts List includes but is not limited to the following:
                              ~1982 Suzuki GS1100
                              *MSD Ignition
                              *OEM Starter Switch (start botton and kill switch)
                              *Kerker 4-1 header
                              *Custom slip-op
                              *EBC brake pads and Suzuki Racing Rotors.
                              *All calipers rebuilt and ceramic painted
                              *Custom re-located fuel tank painted in a Flat Matte Clear Coat.
                              *House of HID headlight kit (6000k)
                              *Matte black painted wheels
                              *Cycle exchange "windows" bars
                              *Billet riser caps
                              *Mesh pod filters
                              *New clutch cable
                              *New speedo cable
                              *New throttle cable
                              *Custom rear fender
                              *Front fender delete
                              *Seven Sins Choppers red flake grips
                              *New OEM suzuki side covers (cut to fit)
                              *Sully's Customs "Traditional" Solo Seat - Black Leather
                              *1933 Ford Replica Tail Light - Black with Smoked Lens
                              *New Cam seals as well as Head and Valve cover gaskets
                              *Extra Carb/Intake Boots and (if I can find it) OEM Fuse Box to go with it as well.
                              82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                              80 gs1000s

Comment

If it's especially good at riding across those bridges, it might be worth it-but seriously, $5500?and why o why do people have to blog about intimate personal details in an ad?
                                ....as to "ever selling",good question. Here's one of my faves that's been reposted from a year ago

Comment

Working...
                                X