No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Boober" for sale. (Seller probably a boob)
    1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
    1983 GS 1100 G
    2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
    2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
    1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
      "Boober" for sale. (Seller probably a boob)
      https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/mcy/4701091955.html
      I'll say this much about him - at least he started with the right kind of bike (V-twin) to make a 'boober'. At least he didn't destroy a nice standard or sportbike.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        I'll say this much about him - at least he started with the right kind of bike (V-twin) to make a 'boober'. At least he didn't destroy a nice standard or sportbike.
        He freely admits he murdered it, though.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Periodically I have the urge to save these poor bikes (or at least part them out of their misery), but dealing with the idiot owners is so irritating that it doesn't make it worth the aggravation.

Comment

Annoyance for the day......stock, complete, nice, gone hack.
            I dont mind as much when they hack up a pos.......and $3800 for the displeasure
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              http://allentown.craigslist.org/mcy/4684729519.html
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]36811[/ATTACH]
              That is funny...I had no idea an '82 750 was worth $3800.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

If that bike is worth $3800, then mine is priceless? yeah it is!
                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  http://allentown.craigslist.org/mcy/4684729519.html
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]36811[/ATTACH]
                  Not a big fan of the cafe thing, I hold the view that a cafe should be a two cylinder bike and on the small side myself.
                  I actually admired that bike a few days ago when checking c-list.
                  Something about it caught my attention.
                  Not at $3,800 though.

Comment

Yeah, but he ruined a nicer bike making it.

Comment

This site has an excellent service guide for newbies.

Cafe racer websites should have a ergonomics 101 guide.
                      Or maybe a guide on how to NOT make you cafe racer unsellable.

Comment

Please respect this guys ad and don't send him your apinion.

for those who said it didnt make me look intelagent they should look in the mirrow i have been working on bikes. atvs. snowmobile for 30 yrs ps if your not asked do not give your apinion

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                          No worries, mate, I'm not sure I could spell it so he could undertand it.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post

for those who said it didnt make me look intelagent they should look in the mirrow i have been working on bikes. atvs. snowmobile for 30 yrs ps if your not asked do not give your apinion

http://masoncity.craigslist.org/mcy/4707125860.html
                            How do rigded bikes handle in the snow? I hear the winters in Minnasota City are rough.

Comment

Wow, I fell lyk I are much stupiter wen after reedin that ad... OWWwww ! ! !
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

what a deal at $2500!

Comment

Working...
                                X