Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamesWhut? View Post
    What I would like to know is what percentage of these... works actually sell for the asking prices.
    I would like to know how many sell for any price and are on the road. I've never seen anyone riding one of them.
    I've seen more people riding Vincent Black Shadows than bobbers.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Unfortunately I do see them here all the time (or at least when it was warm), usually making more noise than forward velocity.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesWhut? View Post
        Unfortunately I do see them here all the time...
        Get out your saws! (Just don't touch my Suzi).
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

GS1000 in Alberta. This unfinshed cafe project can be yours for only $10,000.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I think I have discovered the secrut formula to wishful thinking pricing.

"Bleu Book" value + amount owner spent in saw blades and krylon x greed factor.

Comment

This one might take the cake! $10,000?!?

"Needs finishing"?

More like needs never to have been started.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Mebe its priced in 1979 Canadian dollars?

Comment

More Atlanta bobbers.... This one can be yours for only $9,000.00. Nicely done but dammmmm:

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                  1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                  1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

The hits keep coming! Only $3500. Why do I even try to make mine look good. Maybe I should just buy crap and sell them as a "Rat bike".

Last edited by JTGS850GL; 11-03-2014, 03:04 PM.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Nice strong sub frame.

Who'd spend $9k on a bike that couldn't:

Carry a passenger

Carry a sandwich or a six-pack

Do a 15 second quarter mile

???

"Don't worry, honey. We'll get the money back when I sell the bike."

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
                        The hits keep coming! Only $3500. Why do I even try to make mine look good. Maybe I should just buy crap and sell them as a "Rat bike".

Is that missing an engine? Or do you just need a microscope to see it?

Comment

Briggs and Straton?

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                          Who'd spend $9k on a bike that couldn't...
                          The kind of person who would buy instead of build a bobber or cafe bike.

Comment

I'm going to keep an eye one some of these to see if they actually sell. If so, I'm going into the bobber business. I figure all I need is a welder, a few cans of gross color flat rattle cans of paint and get it running.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

No welder required for most of them. Just an old jigsaw. Maybe some JB weld if you are going to be upscale (don't forget to charge a premium).

Comment

Right now I have a great running 82 GS850GL that's in nice cosmetic condition as well and I'd be lucky to get $1500 for it. These bobbers and rat bikes just P!$$ me off.
                                Last edited by JTGS850GL; 11-03-2014, 06:32 PM.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Working...
                                X