No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool idea, VERY poor execution... I'd give him $50 for it, and finish it up right, and STILL only be able to get $200 for it...
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

It's all getting so confusing! Bobber, tracker, board?, rat, etc.....maybe this is a hybrid? It's a bobber because of all the "useless" stuff like front fender, signals, mirrors are removed and rear fender hacked? Maybe it's a chopper too with the hardtail? Tracker because he puts overpriced tires with tread that s*ck on the street? Anyway you look at it, he'll never make his $ back. $5500? yeah right! Probably makes the neighbors happy when he fires it up with those straight pipes...if he ever rides it? Staging that last pic with the old school helmet and gloves overlooking the ocean is a nice touch though.

Last edited by Guest; 12-03-2014, 09:49 AM.

Comment

The bicycle pedal on the kick starter is a nice touch.

I also like the rods welded to the pipes. To reduce the burn on your legs perhaps?
        Last edited by Highway_Glider; 12-03-2014, 12:12 PM.
        Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
        1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

For cool grill marks instead of just plain old ugly burns.

Comment

Originally posted by JayWB View Post
            Looks to me like it's the clutch.

Lift up on the bar and the wheel pushes the drive belt into contact with the engine's drive pulley. There's otherwise no way to engage/disengage the drive belt.
            That's got to be it. Good eye!

And it might be hand or foot operated...?
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider View Post
              The bicycle pedal on the kick starter is anice touch.

I also like the rods welded to the pipes. To reduce the burn on your legs perhaps?
              Must be one of those paint jobs that doesn't photograph well. $5,500? He'll take $1,200 if (his wife is) smart.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

With a hardtail, pipes and price I would not ride it.
                Other than that I find it to be pleasing to the eye.
                I do not know the average income to that area.
                I think with the right more money the sense or knowledge area it would sell.
                It has really pleasing lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankthat View Post
                  With a hardtail, pipes and price I would not ride it.
                  Other than that I find it to be pleasing to the eye.
                  I do not know the average income to that area.
                  I think with the right more money the sense or knowledge area it would sell.
                  It has really pleasing lines.
                  You know I didn't think it was poorly done quality wise or artistically, maybe cool like looking through an old bike book or Jay Leno's collection, but a silly price and poor layout if one thinks about riding it. Maybe good for someone's (with money to burn) collection in Boston and a monthly short ride along the seacoast to strike up a conversation with "admiring" bystanders at stops, but around here it's good for a chuckle.

Comment

I can admit it, I like it and would ride it around town once in a while. Well, as long as it sounds good... It IS a bit pricey though...
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Although with those wicked witch of the west handlebars, you might be inclined to be screeching "I'll get you my pretty...and your little dog too!" while riding through the neighborhoods.

Comment

I'd be interested to hear it...I think with those skinny pipes that likely don't have silencers it might sound wicked. Maybe illegally wicked.

Comment

What?!? I can't hear yoooo!! My bike has loud pipes! They save lives!

Comment

$5000 GS450L ..ARRRRGH this individual has posted this "RARE" "L stands for limited edition" GS450 for 2 years now. every month at least a couple times..will you all please flag him lolol???? I hate this guy..I actually emailed him a year ago and tried to make him understand.. but... ARRRRRRGH come on now enough is enough?
                            Last edited by Guest; 12-04-2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by barnbiketom View Post
                              $5000 GS450L ..ARRRRGH this individual has posted this "RARE" "L stands for limited edition" GS450 for 2 years now. every month at least a couple times..will you all please flag him lolol???? I hate this guy..I actually emailed him a year ago and tried to make him understand.. but... ARRRRRRGH come on now enough is enough?
                              http://youngstown.craigslist.org/mcy/4790399634.html
                              Holy crap... $5k. What a idiot.
                              ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
                              13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
                              PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

I hope enuff people flag the idiot.. Maybe he will get it????

Comment

Working...
                                X