Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by witttom View Post
    Says that it is a 79GS750E, but I say it is clearly a 79GS750L. I inquired about it, and the seller says that the GS750E-705621 VIN on the title matches the VIN on the frame, so.... ??? Umm, maybe that's not funny as in 'Ha-Ha', but funny as in "Does this taste funny to you?". Hehe...

Looks like it could potentially be a deal though. I've decided it is too far for me to drive, especially with some funny going on. Maybe someone else might be interested.
    If you like the L model bike and the price, I wouldn't care if it had an "E" in the title. No one will know or care if it all matches up. BUT>>>I suspect he is just wrong about it having the E since my gs1000e doesn't even have an E on the VIN it just says gs1000 <space> then a number

82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
    80 gs1000s

Comment

It's an L, could be a mistake in the head stamp that or he can't read too well.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Just..... WOW

Motorcycle Custom Rat - $25000 (cuyahoga falls) < >

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

condition: new
        2013 paint color : custom fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : clean

Custom one off rat bike
        multable show winner
        25000 o.b.o.

Comment

Originally posted by witttom View Post
          Says that it is a 79GS750E, but I say it is clearly a 79GS750L. I inquired about it, and the seller says that the GS750E-705621 VIN on the title matches the VIN on the frame, so.... ??? Umm, maybe that's not funny as in 'Ha-Ha', but funny as in "Does this taste funny to you?". Hehe...

Looks like it could potentially be a deal though. I've decided it is too far for me to drive, especially with some funny going on. Maybe someone else might be interested.
          Suzuki VINs didn't necessarily always make sense.
          The "7" in the frame VIN designates it as an L model.

Per: http://www.suzukicycles.org/countrie...shtml~isoraami
          The frame VINs for the 1979 GS750L start @ GS750E-700016

Comment

Originally posted by 78550GS View Post
            Just..... WOW

Please tell me there's no place where that would be considered 'normal' or 'desireable'. I know your land is huge and contains many strange and oddball places, but surely... there's a limit.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
              Please tell me there's no place where that would be considered 'normal' or 'desireable'. I know your land is huge and contains many strange and oddball places, but surely... there's a limit.
              no, not that I have ever been to. I think it would be more acceptable to castrate the designer of this hideous heap of $hit so he no longer has the ability to breed. I may email him and ask if he will drop two zeros off that price. I could swing 250, unless he wants my broken PS3.

Comment

Just..... WOW

(google map) (yahoo map)

Custom one off rat bike
                multable show winner
                25000 o.b.o.
                Just looking at it is giving me tetanus...

WTF...
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I have to say I am kind of digging it but that is because I love artistic rust...Here is one of my creations...

Just..... WOW

(google map) (yahoo map)

Custom one off rat bike
                  multable show winner
                  25000 o.b.o.
                  82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                  80 gs1000s

Comment

Gregory, I dig the rusted look, but 25k is just downright retarded.

I would likely spend 25k on your art WAY before I would spend that on that piece of rolling tetanus. (not an offer lol I don't have that kind of money)

Comment

It looks like a badly maintained farm implement...

Comment

Gregory, I dig the rusted look, but 25k is just downright retarded.

I would likely spend 25k on your art WAY before I would spend that on that piece of rolling tetanus. (not an offer lol I don't have that kind of money)
                        Yes it is nuts for sure. I cant see anyone buying it but I bet he has people flock around him when he pulls up somewhere. I think the actual builder/artist riding it makes sense, but saying that you BOUGHT it doesn't as much.
                        82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                        80 gs1000s

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
                          Yes it is nuts for sure. I cant see anyone buying it but I bet he has people flock around him when he pulls up somewhere. I think the actual builder/artist riding it makes sense, but saying that you BOUGHT it doesn't as much.
                          As in Tractor-pull?

It looks the part but I don't think it as the humpf.
                          Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                          1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
                            Says it will turn heads:

He says it will turn heads. Ya, turn heads all right... Like turn my head to the right in order to not vomit on myself. Who knows, maybe its this very same contraption that inspired the CAN-AM Spyder?

Almost would like to meet some of these guys to see what rock they live under.
                            It's not the rock they live under,it's the rock they are smokin!

Comment

I'll just leave this here.

Bobber Christmas Present for your Girl--------||||\\\||||////|||| (Goffstown NH)

fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : clean

BadAss Bobber Sure to look good under your Ladies Ass its a 1972 Kawasaki 440 New carbs Fires right but runs and rides great electric and Kick Start yes a badass way to start the bike I did all the metal work on it the exhaust sounds as nasty as it looks! Everything works on it. It rides straight as an arrow Has plenty of power a great starter bike. dont know how many miles the speedo is not factory but I can tell you the Bike is clean Runs great and I put some really good oil in it I built it for a lady and we ended up spliting up so bikes got to go now. Call text emal
                              show contact info
                              Car Truck Jeep other Bike Rat rod Try me the worst I can say is no Motorcycle for you! You can buy it cash for 2500 Bucks

Comment

ultimate cafe 'started but now can't finish' project that's worth millions.

Rob
                                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
                                X