No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice detailed ad but it think he could have finished the bike in the time it took him to write it.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Nice touch, including the pics of someone else's bike he was copying. "It will look like that, honest."
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
        Yes it is nuts for sure. I cant see anyone buying it but I bet he has people flock around him when he pulls up somewhere. I think the actual builder/artist riding it makes sense, but saying that you BOUGHT it doesn't as much.
        That is so true, but I tend to think it's not ridden much. Look at the rear fender. Not much lean angle there.

Yeah, it's one thing to say, "I'm crazy, I built it." But if you said you bought it, you'd be certifiably insane.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
          ultimate cafe 'started but now can't finish' project that's worth millions.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/mcy/4797072066.html
          I was laughing at $3700 for the first pic. Then I found out it's only parts, the first and last pics are (crack) pipe dreams.

"Hey, this is what I paid for all these parts, so that's what it's worth!"

You gotta feel for the wife/girlfriend who contributes her paycheck to the household.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Uh... um...

...wow.

150cc bobber rat bike - $600

fuel : gastransmission : automatictitle status : clean

150cc Bobber Rat Bike

Completely custom

Frame Stretched 12"

Street Legal

Suzuki GSXR Seat

Vintage TTR 250 Enduro Tank

Brand New Battery

Ready for your personal Mods

Reliable

Strong

Get up and Go Every Single Time

Five one 2 5 eight 5 0 eight 1 zero

'80 GS1000ST
            '92 ZX-11
            Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

"Ready for your personal mods"............Its getting wierder each day. LOL
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

That's a scooter engine grafted to the ass of that thing.

Comment

A new technique to remove an engine that we all might have overlooked. Is this how it is done in Indiana?

Comment

Might be similar to this video on how to remove an engine from a car.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                      A new technique to remove an engine that we all might have overlooked. Is this how it is done in Indiana?http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mpo/4804427412.html
                      Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      Might be similar to this video on how to remove an engine from a car.
                      If you can't fix it with a hammer...

I bought a junked 350 when my '68 Camaro blew it's 327. The shop had their chain falls on the branch of a big tree. "I got no tree like that," I told them. "You got a swing set?" they replied.

Somewhere there's a photograph of me swinging on a V-8.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowFocus603 View Post
                        That's a scooter engine grafted to the ass of that thing.
                        Oh no... That is a scooter with the frame "stretched" 12" an piece of square tube welded in to make it "like" a motorcycle... What a maroon...
                        And don't forget the "custom" GSXR seat that fits almost as well as the gas tank...
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I would think that "250 Yamaha" gas tank is worth something.

Comment

I was almost fine with this until this part "only thing I didn't do was reseal fork seals, they leaked so I just drained fluid, they still work fine just not as stiff."

1980 KZ 1000 cafe racer. fs / ft. - $3500 < >

condition: like new
                            1980 fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : clean

Bike has 34,000 miles on it, motor runs great, shaft drive, no messy chain, lots of power, pulls real hard, very fast bike, new pod air filters, new jetting, 4 into 1 header with open pipe, sounds good, new coils, new plugs, new oil, new fuel filter and fuel line, new gaskets and O rings in carbs, carbs cleaned, stator cover resealed, new high heat bbq black paint on motor, side cases stripped for machined look, new crankcase breathers, new clubman bars, grips, new paint, light almond pearl with gloss black stripe down centers of tank and tail, handmade custom seat, handmade battery tray, handmade 16 gauge sheet metal tail with opening door for storage, newer gel mat battery, new tires front and rear, new led tail / brake light, rims stripped down, prepped and etch primed and painted and cleared, frame repainted, handmade functional fork brace, every nut and bolt and washer on the bike was wire wheeled or replaced, the bike is not a show bike, but a real nice rider, bike is fun to ride. only thing I didn't do was reseal fork seals, they leaked so i just drained fluid, they still work fine just not as stiff. I have alot of time in this bike. Bike does not have turn signals on but all wires are still there for them. Any questions, just ask. Thanks, $3,500 may take trades.

Comment

.........my motor leaked oil, so I drained it out.......it still ran, but it then it didnt.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

522504-1419386063-522533.jpg

No title, runs poorly, and is a cosmetic disaster- can be yours for $2k. Are those coke cans attached to the carbs?

Comment

Working...
                                X