Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by witttom View Post
    "only mechanical issue is that one of the rods needs adjusted. It knocks slightly."

http://dayton.craigslist.org/mcy/4912352137.html
    Looks like he studied the Hyosung GV250 design to mimic, but failed even that.

Comment

It has adjustable rods? Worth every penny then.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Are those bikes ohc or ohv? If its ohv, at least see if the rockers are adjusted?

If its connecting rods, yeah...sign me up. I'd love a set of adjustable connecting rods.

Comment

Front fender's not big enough.

If the first green pic is the before, he could have gotten more for it if he never touched it.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

That's that well-known Honda rod-knock adjusting screw. Fitted to every Honda, that is.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by hoop View Post
              Are those bikes ohc or ohv? If its ohv, at least see if the rockers are adjusted?

If its connecting rods, yeah...sign me up. I'd love a set of adjustable connecting rods.

Heh. That is the... "fun" thing about dealing with Craigslisters. Its as likely that its just the valves or cam tensioner out of spec as it is "a rod". Its sort of like playing the lotto you never know what you're going to get (but you're probably going to lose).

Comment

Oh, i've bought trucks that people "got the transfer case stuck in 4lo". I buy them, put them in neutral and pop them into 2wd and drive home.

Knowledge is power!

Comment

If the lift comes with it, it would be a steal!

Comment

Look! What a steal! Love this part. "It need some work that's why its cheap"

Comment

Strategically placing the clutch lever over the hole in the side of the gas tank was a nice touch...

Comment

Originally posted by JamesWhut? View Post
                        Strategically placing the clutch lever over the hole in the side of the gas tank was a nice touch...
                        And listed the condition as fair. Haha!

Comment

Been parking it in the sea, I think.
                          ---- Dave
                          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                            Been parking it in the sea, I think.
                            It is weathered!

Comment

I thought the term was "distressed"

Comment

It's also called "Patina".
                                Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                                1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment