Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megatwin View Post
    But it looks as soft as most Corbins,I have had.
    I'm pretty sure the diamond plate would be softer than the Corbin seat that I owned (for about a week) for my FZ6. "It'll break in," they say. Yeah, maybe in 40 years' time!

Comment

Viragos do not require case splitting to cure starter issues. And much better stuff is now available for them. Yes, it was a lousy starting system design. The engines were great.

Comment

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...cane-_24149336 This ad was up a couple of days ago

$4,100 · 12 year stored Hurricane

1988 Honda Hurricane CBR 600
        this gorgeous bike has been professionally stored for 12 years and it's
        time to let go of my baby
        when this bike was last on the road it ran meticulously and
        and still looks stunning in actual factory Ferrari red paint
        it comes with 2 helmets and a new Joe Rocket jacket as well as
        the owners repair manual.
        I always ran semi synthetic with KN filter and always babied it
        brand new Metzlers and new F4 pipe and any new parts it ever needed it got. I spent more money on the up keep then riding
        it.
        bike would need to be brought out of storage condition
        Then yesterday this
        http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/1988-Honda-Hurricane-_24771443

$1,600 · 1988 Honda Hurricane

1988 Honda Hurricane CBR 600
        33000 km original
        this gorgeous bike has been professionally stored for 12 years
        when this bike was last on the road it ran meticulously and
        and still looks stunning in actual factory Ferrari red paint
        it comes with 2 helmets and a new Joe Rocket jacket as well as
        the owners repair manual.
        I always ran semi synthetic with KN filter and always babied it
        brand new Metzlers and new F4 pipe and any new parts it ever needed it got. I spent more money on the up keep then riding
        it.
        bike would need to be brought out of storage condition

Same ad for the same bike with two sellers and a very different price

Comment

Ya, I've seen the same kink of deals here in the Atlanta CL area. Great bikes listed for stupid low prices. Must be a scam of some type.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
          1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
          1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Yes, scams.

The ads are posted by a computer in 100s of cities.

If you contact them they will tell you some story about divorce, inheritance, job or move and all you have to do is pay the handling, movers, customs or such ****.

Basicaly they want to find a fool to send money against nothing at all.

Never give financial info or send money. Buy in person.
            Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
            1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Curious on how a bike is professionaly stored and runs meticulously??? I thinks he's using the wrong adjectives... Or just trying to sound smart.

But the CBR is gorgeous. $1600 seems fair. $4100 is no way fair. I think the scams use weird prices like $2205 and $1998 just weird numbers. I saw an R6 for $2002 the other day. I just flag it and keep browsing. I knew a guy who got burned... They do get money.
              Last edited by Jedz123; 04-03-2015, 10:42 AM.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

That CBR600 wasn't scam,one of my bosses went to look at it.It doesn't run,needs new tires and doesn't turn over.Not sure if the engine turns at all but he wants something turn key for no $$

Comment

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Nothing is even really custom or done to it. Factory exhaust, factory L setup wheels, but hey atleast its been spraybombed in matte black. He couldn't even be bothered to get shorter brake hoses, which means they are probably original.
                  Suzuki Cafe Racer/Tracker $4600 OBO - $4600 (Lusby)

[IMG]http://images.craigslist.org/00m0m_l****Et0ihT_600x450.jpg[/IMG]

1980 SUZUKI gs450l odometer: 7849 fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : clean
                  condition: excellent

This a 1980 Suzuki gs450l tracker/cafe racer. I WILL CUT TO THE CHASE AND SAY THIS BIKE IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION! However I am not mechanically inclined and I ordered a brand new carburetor but the bike revs at high RPM for some reason. Other than that this bike has a really strong engine and is extremely fast. Some of the upgrades include.
                  - Reupholstered Brat Seat
                  - BRAND NEW TIRES (not even a mile)
                  - NEW heavy duty mini turn signals
                  - a Flexible LED Array Brake light
                  - NEW LED mini speedometer
                  - NEW EMGO SUPER-MOTO bars
                  - NEW ODI Ruffian Grips
                  - brand new bar end mirrors.
                  - NEW Battery

I love this bike and I put a lot of work into it. I'm not in a rush to get rid off it but if someone makes a reasonable offer I'd be willing to let it go. ALL OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE NO TRADES!
                  I prefer text or email! 443-624-8273 Thanks for looking!

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderGT View Post
                    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Nothing is even really custom or done to it. Factory exhaust, factory L setup wheels, but hey atleast its been spraybombed in matte black. He couldn't even be bothered to get shorter brake hoses, which means they are probably original.
                    Suzuki Cafe Racer/Tracker $4600 OBO - $4600 (Lusby)

[IMG]http://images.craigslist.org/00m0m_l****Et0ihT_600x450.jpg[/IMG]

1980 SUZUKI gs450l odometer: 7849 fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : clean
                    condition: excellent

This a 1980 Suzuki gs450l tracker/cafe racer. I WILL CUT TO THE CHASE AND SAY THIS BIKE IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION! However I am not mechanically inclined and I ordered a brand new carburetor but the bike revs at high RPM for some reason. Other than that this bike has a really strong engine and is extremely fast. Some of the upgrades include.
                    - Reupholstered Brat Seat
                    - BRAND NEW TIRES (not even a mile)
                    - NEW heavy duty mini turn signals
                    - a Flexible LED Array Brake light
                    - NEW LED mini speedometer
                    - NEW EMGO SUPER-MOTO bars
                    - NEW ODI Ruffian Grips
                    - brand new bar end mirrors.
                    - NEW Battery

I love this bike and I put a lot of work into it. I'm not in a rush to get rid off it but if someone makes a reasonable offer I'd be willing to let it go. ALL OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE NO TRADES!
                    I prefer text or email! 443-624-8273 Thanks for looking!
                    I see these types of posts all the time around here.

Pull off a few parts, slap on a ****ty seat and some lower bars. Maybe wrap the mufflers and give it some spray paint and call it a custom café racer.

Comment

If it runs well, I'd say $800 at the most.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

it's potentially the best café racer ever!

1972 Yamaha xs650 cafe - $2500 (Mason) < >

Yamaha xs650 fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : clean

Potential for best cafe racer ever of all time.I have a custom 1972 Yamaha xs 650 cafe racer. Good engine and tranny. This is a project for sure. Full of goodies.
                        Please do not reply if you have no mechanical aptitude.
                        I owned a motorcycle shop and my friend had a custom fabrication shop when I bought this bike. I drove it from Houston to Austin to my shop at the time, where within the week we swapped the puny front end with a sport bike front end with inverted forks and a mag wheel with sport bike brakes(awesome). We pulled the wiring during this time. harness wich needs to be replaced. He also welded a flush mount gas cap to the original tank which is primerd black with minimal rust inside. It has new rear piggy back shocks on back end. It has a rare headlight and a custom seat ($500). It has a rear mag wheel and sport bike rear master cylinder and brakes ( need to be mounted. I have on the side new carb kits steel braided break lines and other parts. I will not at all answer emails I will answer voice mails on occasion but I will answer texts messages the fastest. It has been sitting for 2 year so it is dusty but I can text pictures of any part ofityou need within a day serious inquiries only. My number is 512-988-153nine I have title

Comment

He has a lot of value in there in parts, so the price isn't insanely high.

Comment

It's not a bike and it's not on CL, but it is GS related and has fail written all over it. Should I inform him?

FAIL!
                            The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrano View Post
                              It's not a bike and it's not on CL, but it is GS related and has fail written all over it. Should I inform him?

FAIL!
                              Please do, and let us know how he reacts. I may have to buy these and convert mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrano View Post

FAIL!
                                XS850 more like. Side-mounted choke, and all the GS850s were bar-mounted. I suspect the seller isn't the original owner but vaguely recalled the engine size and is ignorant of the finer technical details, like number of cylinders.
                                ---- Dave
                                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                                X