No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he must have rattle canned it in the apartment before he wrote the ad and priced it.
    82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
    80 gs1000s

Comment

bin price is 3500. I offered 150.00. I hope he doesn't accept it.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Very comfortable and fast bike.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/mcy/5026794924.html

83 suzuki gs1100 - $1300 (lake villa) < >

I have for sale a running 83 gs1100. Very comfortable and fast bike. Has new Vanes&hanes exhaust 4 into 1 with romovable baffle. Handle bars are adjustible. Has newer grips and rim/tire swapnin the frony
        Have stock parts still also including rear fairing and seat. Tail light and side fairings. show contact info fastes way to reach me is by text. Thank you.
        82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
        80 gs1000s

Comment

Handle bars are 'adjustible' right enough. All the way to the ground, I would think.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Motorcycle - $450 (Jamison) < >

Title available for an extra $100. Will start on ether and continue to run on gas at 2,000 RPM. Carbs need to be cleaned.

Comment

Originally posted by Straightedg4lif View Post
              http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/5029210499.html
              Motorcycle - $450 (Jamison) < >

Title available for an extra $100. Will start on ether and continue to run on gas at 2,000 RPM. Carbs need to be cleaned.
              Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see what's funny about that one. Someone help me out. My humor my not be tuned in today.
              ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
              13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
              PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by witttom View Post
                Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see what's funny about that one. Someone help me out. My humor my not be tuned in today.
                Title for $100 extra has to be a bit funny.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                  Title for $100 extra has to be a bit funny.
                  Eh. I can understand that a little. I've been in positions like that where I might be selling a bike of minimal value, and the cost of having the title transferred/made in my name, paying the taxes, and document fees, and misc extras, etc... might not be worth it to some potential buyers. Although it probably WOULD be easier to sell if that was all squared away. I dunno. Is that the funny part?
                  ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
                  13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
                  PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

Ok maybe paying extra for the title isn't that funny, but it usually included in the sale price charging extra for it is a little ridiculous.
                    Maybe this next one will be a little funnier for you guys...not sure where this person went to school but obviously couldn't have graduated. Plus don't know much about bikes but doesn't UM stand for United Motors?

Um 250 r street bike - $1000 (middletown) < >

2008 Um 250 r fuel : gas transmission : manual
                    condition: good

I don't havev the title it's not stolen I took it to troop 9 n the cop ran the vin n it clear do to person reasons I haven't been able to get it tagged or titeled it's a 08 250r its maked by Suzuki run and rides great new tires n brakes it need mirror n turn singals n battery I will trade for stuff let me no what u got I have no problem bringing the bike to u or going to troop 9 again n have then run the vin again give a call or text
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2015, 01:45 PM.

Comment

78 Yamaha xs 650 project. Need gone. TC bros hardtail, new bars, seat, fender, tires, and a few other things. Have 2 tanks to pick from. maybe both for right price. Title in my name . Bike ran good before break down. Asking $1800 OBO. Tex or call for more info.

XS 650 project - $1800

"Bike ran good before breakdown." That is a miracle since there is no engine, or not much else for that matter. Must have been some break down.

< >

Comment

For $1800?? What a deal!!! Must get great gas mileage with that setup.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                        1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                        1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
                          Very comfortable and fast bike.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/mcy/5026794924.html

83 suzuki gs1100 - $1300 (lake villa) < >

I have for sale a running 83 gs1100. Very comfortable and fast bike. Has new Vanes&hanes exhaust 4 into 1 with romovable baffle. Handle bars are adjustible. Has newer grips and rim/tire swapnin the frony
                          Have stock parts still also including rear fairing and seat. Tail light and side fairings. show contact info fastes way to reach me is by text. Thank you.

Really, not a bad deal. He includes the stock parts, the good 83+ motor, and not cut up (yet). If that pipe is new there are some serious jetting issues though....
                          sigpic
                          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                          1983 GS1100e
                          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                          1980 GS1260
                          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

The back end was cut.

There should be a hump in the back where the tail light and seat lock attaches to.
                            Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                            1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                              Really, not a bad deal. He includes the stock parts, the good 83+ motor, and not cut up (yet). If that pipe is new there are some serious jetting issues though....
                              Not I bad deal! Are you kidding me? Did you see Ihanscom 82 1100e in the for sale section for $1100? Now that is a good deal.
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Heh! That seat does not look comfy at all. And I'm just wondering how well it turns with those handlebars that low.

It's really amazing what some people come up with to try and make a bike look cool. At least he didn't call it a cafe racer!

Comment

Working...
                                X