No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just catching up on these funnies. The 2 bobbers that are not bobbers without the saddles, wow. How can you not plan that item in your hack design? The "Very comfortable and fast bike" since when are planks/church pews comfortable?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
      Very comfortable and fast bike.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/mcy/5026794924.html

83 suzuki gs1100 - $1300 (lake villa) < >

Originally posted by Highway_Glider View Post
      The back end was cut.

There should be a hump in the back where the tail light and seat lock attaches to.
      Seat? Side covers? Only some of the more comfortable and good-looking parts of the bike.

There should be a hump in the back of any nit-wit who would take a saw to an '83 11e.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Never stop improving! (Till you screw it up) from a CL post about 81 Honda CB 900

"Decided to upgrade the carbs and rejet and run pod filters. Rebuilt the carbs completely with new gaskets, upgraded jets and rebuilt the fuel pump too. New carburetor boots too. Has new plugs and battery this winter and I have oil and a filter to go with it. Won't start now. Turns over fine and fires on a shot of fuel but not under its own power. Not sure what's wrong. I'm done messing with it. I bought another bike. All electronics work and the tires are good. I want it gone. "
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
          Never stop improving! (Till you screw it up) from a CL post about 81 Honda CB 900

"Decided to upgrade the carbs and rejet and run pod filters. Rebuilt the carbs completely with new gaskets, upgraded jets and rebuilt the fuel pump too. New carburetor boots too. Has new plugs and battery this winter and I have oil and a filter to go with it. Won't start now. Turns over fine and fires on a shot of fuel but not under its own power. Not sure what's wrong. I'm done messing with it. I bought another bike. All electronics work and the tires are good. I want it gone. "
          What exactly are "upgraded jets"? I have been in a lot of carburetors and drilled or replaced jets, but have never found those laser cut gold plated "upgraded jets" those probably would have made all the difference right there!

Comment

........fuel pump?
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              ........fuel pump?
              Yeah, he makes it obvious he doesn't have a freaking clue what he is doing.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Sure would like to see some pictures of the upgraded jets and the fuel pump! Maybe then we can figure out WTF...

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  ........fuel pump?
                  Must've fitted a new shot of gravity. Tricky stuff.
                  ---- Dave
                  79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                  79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                  92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Phred View Post
                    Sure would like to see some pictures of the upgraded jets and the fuel pump! Maybe then we can figure out WTF...
                    I would like to know what it is he thinks is a fuel pump. LOL He's probably looking at the starter solenoid. heh
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

i think some hondas and maybe even some kaws have an accelerator pump. is that what he means?

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                      82 gs1100L probably the next project
                      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Just wow.

Comment

$1,500 of electrical tape....

Totaly non skid and you will never get a shock ob that seat.
                          Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                          1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

I'd say duct tape but otherwise I totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowFocus603 View Post
                              The Klansman on the tank is a tasteful touch. If that's what that is...
                              and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                              __________________________________________________ ______________________
                              2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
                                The Klansman on the tank is a tasteful touch. If that's what that is...
                                JAPHA

Just Another Pointy-Headed Alien
                                ---- Dave
                                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                                X