No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, it's one reason I dislike the recent Café, Rat and Bobber trend. Not so much that I dislike good examples, but I hate when they're just chopped up and fine examples of stock bikes are ruined.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
      Ya, it's one reason I dislike the recent Café, Rat and Bobber trend. Not so much that I dislike good examples, but I hate when they're just chopped up and fine examples of stock bikes are ruined.
      Yea I know! I don't mind a good Cafe "build". Bringing an old bike back from the dead and doing a proper cafe is one thing. But taking a perfectly good vintage bike and doing a crap job turning it into what's trendy half ass, really chaps my ass.

Comment

Nobody will buy it, and he'll eventually scrap it or give it away for peanuts, and one more hits the skids. I'd rather burn my bikes than see them fall into the hands of *******s.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I saw this to and had to laugh. Limpio means "Clean" in Spanish. LMFAO
          Mike
          Originally posted by Spyder View Post
          WHAT THE HELL IS A limpio?!?
          limpio - $1150 (CHICAGO)

1980 suzuki GS 550 VIN: GS550E226023 paint color : black fuel : gas transmission : manual

Solo le falta bateria y ajuste carburado funciona
          sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
          1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelj_444 View Post
            I saw this to and had to laugh. Limpio means "Clean" in Spanish. LMFAO
            Mike
            Looks to be a front tire mounted on the rear. Anyone ever see a rear tire with a centerline groove?
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
              Anyone ever see a rear tire with a centerline groove?
              Yes. Several.
              ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
              13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
              PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

$1,800 · 1981 Yamaha XJ-650

REPORT AD

Or best offer

51,847 km on it

I've had the bike for a couple years now and it's been incredibly fun to ride. I haven't ridden it this year because I have a car now. It's been covered and in a car garage so the weather hasn't gotten to it. It needs a new battery and the front break is seized up so I can't transport it anywhere for now. I would just like to sell it to someone who could fix it up a bit. There is some aesthetic damage to the gas tank from gas being spilled on it. Other than those couple things it runs like a charm.

What a deal!Only needs a battery,the "breaks" fixed and a paint job.Have a friend looking for a bike,going to recommend he look at this one.......NOT!

Comment

I'm really not even sure "what" this is?????

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                  87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                  99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                  15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

I love his description:

The base model holds 300 + lbs professionally built with a warranty. Powder coated 40 + colors, 6 seat colors including cammo, adjustable suspension, and an adjustable seat. The trike is completely built in house with all new parts. Thus insuring the quality, safety, and performance

And the picture for all to see:

< >

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

But how is that going to climb a hill? That's the part I don't understand, usually hill climbers are big, 2 stroke torque monsters? What kinda hill is a lawnmower engine gonna go over, an ANT hill?????
                      Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                      87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                      99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                      15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

​This guy has a sense of humor I hope!

https://racine.craigslist.org/mcy/5044162725.html

x
                        prohibited
                        [?] Posted: 16 days ago
                        ◀ prev next ▶
                        print Superbike thrill ride - $15 (Kenosha)

Suzuki

I'm offering a Superbike thrill ride for 15$ you will need to sign a waiver sometimes I ride a little over my head but this is an experience of a lifetime for 15$ I will give you a TWO mile ride full of turns this will be the gnarliest ride of your life I guarantee it or you get 5$ back after the ride is complete you must provide your own helmet or for a five dollar fee I will provide a hockey goalie mask. Once again you must sign a waiver if I crash I cannot afford to pay your medical bills or mine I'm trying to earn extra money this summer because I need a new front tire on my bike email me to set up appointment thanks hope to heAr from you soon
                        • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 5044162725
                        posted: 16 days ago
                        email to friend
                        best of [?]

Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.

Comment

LMAO.... whaaaaa...
                          Is that just a joke? It's gotta be fake. I need a front tire but I'll give your the gnarliest ride of your life.... LOL Yeah that's sketch. Ride wasn't good? I'll keep the $10 and give you $5 back, I don't do full refunds just partial ones????

Wow nice one!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I guess a real job would be too hard to go find for himself
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Ah; just like the barnstormers of old.
                              ---- Dave
                              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
                                But how is that going to climb a hill? That's the part I don't understand, usually hill climbers are big, 2 stroke torque monsters? What kinda hill is a lawnmower engine gonna go over, an ANT hill?????
                                It's not for going UP. It's for coming down. Go on YouTube and look up Big Wheel Drifting. You'll get the idea. The ones I have seen were all gravity machines. That engine adds a whole new dimension to it.
                                Download for song!Itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/rollin-i-dont-wanna-grow-up/id925559884?i=925559954http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/rareofbreed13Filmed my...

Comment

Working...
                                X