• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
    Very comfortable and fast bike.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/mcy/5026794924.html

83 suzuki gs1100 - $1300 (lake villa) < >

I have for sale a running 83 gs1100. Very comfortable and fast bike. Has new Vanes&hanes exhaust 4 into 1 with romovable baffle. Handle bars are adjustible. Has newer grips and rim/tire swapnin the frony
    Have stock parts still also including rear fairing and seat. Tail light and side fairings. show contact info fastes way to reach me is by text. Thank you.
    hah! I actually bought this bike for significantly less than the original asking price. This thing needs a lot of cosmetic work; however the engine runs fine. Got a bunch of parts on order, I'll make a build/project thread shortly. You should see the wiring mess I've uncovered...

-PJ

Comment

At least the rear seat rail is still there (or does the original have a kick-up?) but is it de-tabbed? Are you planning on cafe-ing it properly or a stocker?
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

The rear rail is there but the frame has been half assed de-tabbed. I wanted a stocker and try to restore, but I'll save that for my next bike build. This one already has a modern front end (bandit), and has been chopped up so I was just gonna get a clean seat, new rubber, paint, and just enjoy the powerful 1100. Not really into the whole "cafe" "bobber" "rat" thing, I was never a fan of labels, but I do tend to gravitate to the cafe look.

I'm new to the 2 wheel world, but I'm a former Expert Certified Tech for Toyota (I work in IT now) so I know my way around a shop and tools. I hate hack job anything, so I'm pouring all my expertise and love into this project. It's a learning process, but I wanted to tackle this to grow as a technician. It's frustrating at times cause I want everything done the right way, but again I'm really just doing it for the love. I'll have a build thread going once my parts arrive. My dad had a 550 growing up so when I came across this ad and offered him my lowest price and he accepted, I picked it up and rode it home. It really brings back some good old memories. Not gonna lie, I didn't expect this 1100 to be as fast as it is. Surprised me!
        Last edited by Guest; 06-26-2015, 08:58 AM.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see it progress - keep us informed.
          ---- Dave
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.

Comment

In the "the more you cut off the more it's worth" group....
            Love the rear fender. Hope he makes it to the next PNW rally

Last edited by bobgroger; 06-28-2015, 10:48 PM.
            sigpic
            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
            1983 GS1100e
            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
            1980 GS1260
            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

http://racine.craigslist.org/mcy/5092993380.html

2004? Might actually be a good deal but 2004?\
              sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
              1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT..looks like a great deal to me.
                82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                80 gs1000s

Comment

Given the mileage and transmission is utterly wrong, it's getting better and better to snap up a bargain.
                  ---- Dave

Comment

I just about died when I saw this:

1983 SUZUKI GS 650 CUSTOM CHOPPER BOBBER - $2500 (BRATTLEBORO VT)

Apx. 23.000 MI. Shaft Drive, New tires, brakes tune up, custom exhaust, pod filters, carbs jetted, ammo can battery box, LED Bullet brake tail lights, custom paint job, chopper fender, this bike turns heads and gets compliments wherever it goes, exhaust sounds awesome and deep, fun to ride.
                    The custom suicide shift can be removed easily if not wanted.

NO MORE 1/2 PRICE TIRE KICKERS "PLEASE"

IF YOU HAVE NO CASH PLEASE DO NOT INQUIRE

Wow. Frickin' Cherry bombers. The paint looks ok... That's about it.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Is that a thrush muffler from a car on that thing?

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                        Is that a thrush muffler from a car on that thing?
                        Lol. Yeah Its not just 1 but 2 frickin Cherry bombs. lol I died when I saw it and the price...
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Jedz that guy has more than one GS he has f**ked up.

Comment

Those glass packs come in at around 15 lbs. each... Heavy gauge steal bodies... Unreal...
                            '83 GS 1100T
                            The Jet

sigpic
                            '95 GSXR 750w
                            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Someone save that one

Usually they give up only after they brake the last blade on their father's sawzall.

Moto suzuki GS 1000 1981

30-juin-15
                              700,00 $
                              Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
                              Afficher la carte

Suzuki
                              GS
                              Propriétaire
                              Noir

Projet bobber que je n'aurais jamais le temps de faire.

Translate as:

Bober project I will never have the time to finish.
                              Last edited by Highway_Glider; 07-01-2015, 06:31 PM.
                              Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                              1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Can't save them all - I'd have that one if it were nearer, though. It hacks me off when a reasonably well cared-for bike falls into the hands of a butcher.
                                ---- Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X