Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh, do what?!

1973 Honda CB750K2-Cafe Racer-Original Owner-2080 Orig Miles - $10500 (West Chester PA)

https://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/5134158329.html

1973 Honda CB750K2 Cafe Racer. Ex-Honda motorcycle dealer selling personal motorcycle from my collection. I built this bike in 1973/74, in the Cafe Racer style, prior to the manufacturer's going in that direction. It is not stock as you can see from the picture, but close. The faring is from England (Paul Dunstall). The front fender is from Honda Motor Company's 750 race bike program back when they won Daytona in the early 70's. The rear fender is stock, just painted. The engine guard is from Honda but cut in half and powder coated and a tab added to mount Cibie driving lights. In 1977, I purchased from Honda: a 750F rear swing arm to get AHM's single disc brake; 750F front forks to get AHM's double front disc brakes; and a new stock motor which I then installed, an 810 kit done by engine builder Randy Carabelli. The wheels are Morris from Ohio and painted gold to match Honda's gold color. The rear shocks are new by Hagon. The bike is only used on a limited basis and has very few miles on the new motor. I recently went over the carburetors, master, brake cylinders, calipers, installed new rear shocks, and changed the fork oil. There is no item or detail that I have not addressed to ensure the motorcycle's proper operation. Original owner. 2080 original miles/570 miles on the motor since installation. For more information please email.

Comment

Originally posted by AKC75 View Post
      Uh, do what?!

1973 Honda CB750K2-Cafe Racer-Original Owner-2080 Orig Miles - $10500 (West Chester PA)

https://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/5134158329.html

I rather like that.
      Much more in the spirit of the original cafe racers - and a proper job, not hacked to bits.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

How to fix an oil leak.

08-Jul-15
        $450.00

Honda
        Other
        Owner
        Red

Honda xl250 i bought it has a oil leak but i put jb weld around the leak and it still leaks a little bit but it mostly stoped you can fix the oil leak though if the jb weld doesnt work i would just melt alluminum and like put melted alluminum around where its leaking. or you could take the engine off take the top mount off and put new sealent around the top mount which i dont know how to do and fix it that way. it takes a while to start but it runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
          I rather like that.
          Much more in the spirit of the original cafe racers - and a proper job, not hacked to bits.

That's not it. I like it too! It's the price tag.

Is it really worth $10K?

Comment

I'm wondering why he replaced a four-year-old motor with 2k miles on it.

It seems like as a dealer, he had access to all these free or cheap parts and now wants to get paid for them. I think it's worth maybe a third what he's asking.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

The early 69-70 sandcast can sell between 12000 and 20000 thousand. I bought a late 70 diecast that I had been seeing for a few years on some guys covered porch for 150 dollars complete with windscreen and saddle bags only problem is he had no sparkplugs in it, motor is locked up but for 150 cant go wrong. I actually gave it to my son with the understanding that he could do anything with it as long as it can be brought back to stock , no hacksaws. We have not done anything with it yet, though should be a fun project for us.Oh the K1 diecast can go for 5000 to 8000 thousand. These prices are for original near mint condition. I tell my son that it's not worth a dime if it's not for sale.
              Last edited by yank; 07-22-2015, 11:45 AM.
              81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

Comment

Nice soft seat to sit on.

Comment

Originally posted by suzukigs1100ez View Post
                  Why don't they simply glue gravel onto a piece of marble counter top that has been cut to shape? It wouldn't be any less comfortable and would look a lot better.
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thanks everyone for posting these and continuing to make me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post

08-Jul-15
                      $450.00

Honda
                      Other
                      Owner
                      Red

Honda xl250 i bought it has a oil leak but i put jb weld around the leak and it still leaks a little bit but it mostly stoped you can fix the oil leak though if the jb weld doesnt work i would just melt alluminum and like put melted alluminum around where its leaking. or you could take the engine off take the top mount off and put new sealent around the top mount which i dont know how to do and fix it that way. it takes a while to start but it runs.
                      http://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-mo...ationFlag=true
                      What, use all the missing punctuation marks as a sealant?

Comment

Comment

Isn't that...wasn't that a GR650 Tempter?
                          -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                            Isn't that...wasn't that a GR650 Tempter?
                            I think so. And that dent is hardly noticeable.

And "valued at" $1500? KBB says $900, and that's without the tank and Sawzall encounters. I hope he gets what he deserves.
                            Last edited by Rob S.; 07-23-2015, 04:13 PM.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by suzukigs1100ez View Post
                              "Dent" in the right side of the tank huh? Yeah, and the Von Hindenburg had minor fire damage too. heh Looks like it was attacked by a psychopathic concrete parking barrier.
                              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
                                What, use all the missing punctuation marks as a sealant?
                                Its funny to me when you see an ad and the seller is taking a paragraph to tell you how easy it will be to fix the problems.

Also, whenever I see JBWeld mentioned in an ad its as if the seller is telling everyone to move on to the next ad.

But your notion that the missing punctuation is a good indication that the seller doesn't know much is correct and very funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X