Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
    That rear suspension looks bizarre
    Says "Custom fabricated" but I think it is simply one of those cheap Chinese side-by-sides that someone chopped the rear swingarm/engine off, and reattached their own 'custom' swingarm with GS750 engine. Forward shocks are probably originals. Rear shocks are 'custom'.

Would I take it down an 1/8th-mile dirt drag? Umm.... maybe.
    Would I take it off road down an ATV trail? Umm... hell NO. Ha!
    ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
    13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
    PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

It's "professionally built"...what could go wrong?
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        It's "professionally built"...what could go wrong?
        The Titanic was built by "professionals", the ark was built by amateurs.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
          That rear suspension looks bizarre
          Im curious of the arc of swing arm travel has been accounted for to prevent the 2 shock sets from binding.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            Im curious of the arc of swing arm travel has been accounted for to prevent the 2 shock sets from binding.
            That and those 'shocks' must control the weight of that entire rear engine frame and the engine in addition to the rear wheels. I've seen WWI radial engine plane motors that spin around but I've never seen the motor as part of the rear suspension movement. But I'm not an engineer or even a fabricator; so maybe its not as bat **** crazy as it looks.

Comment

I'll bet the handling will be 'interesting' at times, with the entire powerplant and transmission as unsprung weight. Apart from that, something on the back end will break at the wrong moment.
              ---- Dave
              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Diesel

Runs on diesel. Looks badass too!

x
                prohibited
                [?] Posted: about 22 hours ago
                print GS750 bobber - $2000 (Suffolk)

1981 Suzuki
                fuel: diesel
                transmission: manual

81 Suzuki gs 750 bobber, 11k miles on it, very quick and runs strong. Looks bad ass too. Open to trades.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
                1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Badass pic, too.
                  Instagram - making crap artists out of crap pictures, since 1872.
                  ---- Dave
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecklund View Post
                    That and those 'shocks' must control the weight of that entire rear engine frame and the engine in addition to the rear wheels. I've seen WWI radial engine plane motors that spin around but I've never seen the motor as part of the rear suspension movement. But I'm not an engineer or even a fabricator; so maybe its not as bat **** crazy as it looks.
                    In other words, a shyte load of unsprung weight. Not a good thing.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by jsandidge View Post

We eliminate the mufflers and pass the savings on to you!

Comment

Custom 1979 Suzuki GS425

Many modifications to this custom town cruiser.
                        Runs well, great on gas!

1700$ obo
                        serious inquiries only

Well he didn't chop the mufflers,hate to say he should have but they look funny that long
                        Must be REAL comfy with the low bars and forward pegs

Comment

Says he wants to trade for a different bike. I'm assuming he wants one that doesn't leave skid marks on his ass.

hardtail cb650 bobber update (peebles ohio)

81 cb650 hardtail bobber, it runs an rides Awsome really fast lots of new parts battery carb floats oil filter upgrade all lights work no turn signals trade for another motorcycle crotch rocket other bobbers cafe racers cruisers other projects quad dirtbike fast car truck if ur interested in the bike send me a cash offer no low balls it has a clean title 20k miles carbs could use a lil tuneing I'm sure
                          ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
                          13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
                          PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by witttom View Post
                            Says he wants to trade for a different bike. I'm assuming he wants one that doesn't leave skid marks on his ass.
                            No air filters, short pipes with no mufflers, and his last 8 words are "....carbs could use a lil tuneing I'm sure". Ummm yeah - good luck with that....

But not to worry, getting up to speed may be the least of your worries. The low seat, unmodified foot peg/brake pedal ergonomics, and only a rear drum brake... stopping that fugly thing will be verrry interesting. Maybe it's intended for the "Fred Flinstone" system - just dig your heels in?

Comment

It must run like a bag of turds.
                              ---- Dave

Comment

Just had to share this. $1650. Are you sh!@#%&g me? http://rockford.craigslist.org/mcy/5103458166.html
                                sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
                                1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Working...
                                X