No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting. And re-phasing a GS I4 motor? Hmmm...
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

That XS650 is a nice bike, but it won't get anywhere near 9500. As far as I'm concerned, the rephrasing is expensive for little to no real world improvement, it's a fad for guys with coin to brag about. If the 270 and 277 degree versions are so much better I think Yamaha would have went with one of them. BTW, I don't like that proboscis he calls a headlight.

Comment

What am I missing here? Ninja 300 MSRP is around $5k, how do you get out the door $14,000 poorer?

Kawasaki Ninja EX300 - $10000

2016 Kawasaki EX300AESA
        VIN: JKAEX8A1XEA001949
        engine displacement (CC): 296
        fuel: gas
        odometer: 2464
        paint color: white
        title status: clean
        transmission: manual

It's a great bike to start off with, I was talked into last spring from Paw Paw Cycles located in Paw Paw Mi. The total for everything was $14,000. It was new when I got it, used to go to work and back since it was so cheap on gas. It has GAP insurance on it, first class maintenance ( When I take it to Paw Paw Cycles everything is covered from oil changes to cleaning the bike and etc. They will put the bike in front of the line so you can get it back the soonest as well. I have all the papers for everything else. Treated it like my own baby! I have to sell it cause I'm going to college and need the money for tuition and my car payments.

Charles
        --
        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

There is a sucker born every minute.

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
            What am I missing here? Ninja 300 MSRP is around $5k, how do you get out the door $14,000 poorer?

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/mcy/5351570501.html

He has it financed with REALLY crap credit at probably %25+ interest?
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

They saw him coming.
              ---- Dave
              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Perfect candidate for a cafe racer project or good to ride as is. The paint is in absolutely amazing condition given how old the bike is. Gotten a lot of compliments on it. To be honest I wish I could keep the bike, but I am moving and sadly I must part with it. Runs well in general the headlight drains the battery faster than it should. I was going to buy an LED headlight kit off d2moto.com for 50 bucks, but do not have the time to order and install it myself. Any reasonable offer will be entertained, but please don't waste both our time lowballing me because I will not respond.

I love this. "Headlight drains battery faster than it should". Can you say Stator Papers?
                sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
                1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelj_444 View Post
                  "Headlight drains battery faster than it should"...
                  I hate when that happens!

So it's the headlight's fault...
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/mcy/5351570501.html
                    I don't even wanna ask.
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Wow a Maine cross country traveler- not funny ,but impressive

"1979 Suzuki Gs850, high milage, I rode it to California last summer, "

Attached Files
                      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb View Post
                        Feeling a little extra patriotic?
                        Might actually be a nice bike if you are color blind.

Unable to tape a star on the tank?
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Sometimes you just have to shake your head:

I remember this weird bike from last fall but, did anybody explain the thing clinging to the drive hub?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                            Sometimes you just have to shake your head:

I remember this weird bike from last fall but, did anybody explain the thing clinging to the drive hub?
                            I'd assumed it was just something that came to hand to cover his reg plate with. Some people are just paranoid about their old junk - after all, the value of hacked-up old GS650 / 850 /1000 shafties are surely going through the roof, and international jewel thieves might pay him a visit in the night. It's just a pity his location, phone number and other details were easily available via the advert. Damn, he overlooked that one.
                            ---- Dave
                            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Comment

See, this is what happens when anyone is allowed to own a welder.

image.jpg
                                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                                X