• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    Schools have become a state? Which one?

OK, here is my contribution du jour: A real bastardpiece:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/mcy/5459338753.html
    "state"
    noun
    the particular condition that someone or something is in at a specific time.
    "the state of the company's finances"

Tsk, Tsk, seems you might be a product of that school system.

Comment

This is great.....had to share.

Comment

Originally posted by bikemtn View Post
        It appears he just wanted to rant. I know the feeling. Nice rant, though and he is correct!

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
        Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by bikemtn View Post
          I hope somebody saved it - it's gone.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
            I hope somebody saved it - it's gone.

Dang it!! I should have copied it!

Comment

Saw it during lunch...yeah, that was worth a buck.

Comment

Book value?

ducati 250 monza 1965 - $2250 (muskegon)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

1965 ducati 250 monza
                condition: salvage
                fuel: gas
                title status: clean
                transmission: manual

1965 DUCATI 250 MONZA POOR CONDITION SHOWN AS IS WITH PARTS MISSING BEEN SITTING YEARS,ENGINE TURNS OVER WITH COMPRESSION BIKE ROLLS AND SHIFTS THRU GEARS AND HAS MICHIGAN CLEAR TITLE.MAKE OFFER,
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Sad sight. My cousin has the same bike, but quite a nice one.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I saved it....

OK! First.... As I understand it, "restored" means put back to the way it was new. Not merely polished up, or professionally customized, or horribly cobbled to suit your personal taste. If you are calling your Sportster "restored" it had better look a lot like it did when it sat on the showroom floor. Most of the time people mean to say "rebuilt," and hell, they don't know what that means either...

Second.... Can we just get real about "cafe" bikes? Taking off the fender and sticking on a vinyl covered piece of plywood for a seat does not make it a cafe bike. It makes you an idiot for ruining a good bike, and for assuming we are all idiots too. There are some beautiful cafe bikes on CL, just very rarely.... and do I understand this right: "Rat Bike" means "horribly butchered and sloppily rattle-canned until I can't ride it, and now you should buy it...?"

Third.... Don't threaten people with your plans if we don't buy your bike. I don't care if you plan to "sell it for more in the spring" if we don't buy it now! I don't care what you think it would bring on Ebay. If your so damn sure, then put it on Ebay! In fact, don't even tell me what you think it's worth. Tell me what you want for it. I know what it's worth. It's worth what it sells for, and we all have the internet now, and we all follow Ebay, so we KNOW what things are worth.

Fourth..... A pox on all the idiots selling bikes without titles who hasten to include that "titles are easy to get...." Well, again, if it was so easy then YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT! Newsflash! Whoever holds the title on that bike can claim it, and you are out cold. If you buy a bike with no title it's a parts pile. Pay accordingly. And if it's stolen you can lose everything.

Fifth.... It you are re-posting your ad for 2 FREAKIN YEARS it means you want too much for your pile of garbage and you are drawing excessive attention to what a moron you are!

Sixth.... All your hard work in "Customizing" that bike will not pay off! Unless you are a real pro, in which case you are probably not trying to sell your stuff on CL. You want max dollars for your bike? Get it as original/stock as possible. Buzzsaw butchery and chrome geegaws will not make your bike worth more. It will make it worth less. And for good reason....

Maybe I spend too much time on CL. And maybe I take too much entertainment from watching the flounderings of fools... But these are the conclusions I have drawn from watching trends. I guess I should expect that a "no-cost classified" should draw in the lowest common denominator. I also guess that this shouldn't appear in the "For Sale" section, but should appear in the "Rants and Raves" in the Personals..... But have you seen the Cretins in there? That's another story...

I stick this on here when I see some doofus posting some cobbled claptrap contraption, when slapping myself on the forehead just doesn't do it for me... If you don't like it you are probably a mouth breather who can't sell his XS650 for $4500 after stretching the frame with rebar, removing the shocks, installing angle iron struts, soaking the thing in stove paint, and robbing a Huffy for handlebars....GOOD LUCK!
                    sigpic
                    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                    1983 GS1100e
                    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                    1980 GS1260
                    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Excellent, ta.
                      ---- Dave
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                        I saved it....

OK! First.... As I understand it, "restored" means put back to the way it was new. Not merely polished up, or professionally customized, or horribly cobbled to suit your personal taste. If you are calling your Sportster "restored" it had better look a lot like it did when it sat on the showroom floor. Most of the time people mean to say "rebuilt," and hell, they don't know what that means either...

Second.... Can we just get real about "cafe" bikes? Taking off the fender and sticking on a vinyl covered piece of plywood for a seat does not make it a cafe bike. It makes you an idiot for ruining a good bike, and for assuming we are all idiots too. There are some beautiful cafe bikes on CL, just very rarely.... and do I understand this right: "Rat Bike" means "horribly butchered and sloppily rattle-canned until I can't ride it, and now you should buy it...?"

Third.... Don't threaten people with your plans if we don't buy your bike. I don't care if you plan to "sell it for more in the spring" if we don't buy it now! I don't care what you think it would bring on Ebay. If your so damn sure, then put it on Ebay! In fact, don't even tell me what you think it's worth. Tell me what you want for it. I know what it's worth. It's worth what it sells for, and we all have the internet now, and we all follow Ebay, so we KNOW what things are worth.

Fourth..... A pox on all the idiots selling bikes without titles who hasten to include that "titles are easy to get...." Well, again, if it was so easy then YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT! Newsflash! Whoever holds the title on that bike can claim it, and you are out cold. If you buy a bike with no title it's a parts pile. Pay accordingly. And if it's stolen you can lose everything.

Fifth.... It you are re-posting your ad for 2 FREAKIN YEARS it means you want too much for your pile of garbage and you are drawing excessive attention to what a moron you are!

Sixth.... All your hard work in "Customizing" that bike will not pay off! Unless you are a real pro, in which case you are probably not trying to sell your stuff on CL. You want max dollars for your bike? Get it as original/stock as possible. Buzzsaw butchery and chrome geegaws will not make your bike worth more. It will make it worth less. And for good reason....

Maybe I spend too much time on CL. And maybe I take too much entertainment from watching the flounderings of fools... But these are the conclusions I have drawn from watching trends. I guess I should expect that a "no-cost classified" should draw in the lowest common denominator. I also guess that this shouldn't appear in the "For Sale" section, but should appear in the "Rants and Raves" in the Personals..... But have you seen the Cretins in there? That's another story...

I stick this on here when I see some doofus posting some cobbled claptrap contraption, when slapping myself on the forehead just doesn't do it for me... If you don't like it you are probably a mouth breather who can't sell his XS650 for $4500 after stretching the frame with rebar, removing the shocks, installing angle iron struts, soaking the thing in stove paint, and robbing a Huffy for handlebars....GOOD LUCK!

I was just gonna say all that.........

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                          I saved it....

Ha That is great, sayin' it like it is. So few people do that these days

Comment

"Buzzsaw butchery and chrome geegaws"

What's a geegaw? Too funny, but SO true... Are we sure this wasn't posted by someone here? Kinda sounds like Tom?
                            '83 GS 1100T
                            The Jet

sigpic
                            '95 GSXR 750w
                            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Looks like our friends up north are not exempt from bad taste and buzzsaw butchery either....

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/mcy/5467757761.html
                              sigpic
                              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                              1983 GS1100e
                              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                              1980 GS1260
                              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

"It has some aftermarket leavers on it."
                                Yeah; I'd imagine you could leave half your ass on the tyre on the wrong bump in the road.
                                ---- Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X