No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those seats are actually ALIEN larva, that take over weak humanoid minds.
    < haw!funny! I won't be able to see another seat like this without thinking that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
      It's spreading. Where do they get the idea for the seats ?
      https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes...ustom/11875003
      I've got a couple of knobblies to stick on the GS and call it a scrambler, too. I doubt if anyone in Kilkenny is daft enough to pay 4K for it, though.
      I see his Beemer has the collapsible snowflake wheels. I'm just glad mine wasn't old enough to run into that problem, at the time. If I'd hung onto it, it would have been, eventually.
      Last edited by Grimly; 05-03-2016, 08:28 PM.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
        Because if something can't be cut off with a sawzall or beat with a hammer, they're outside their skill envelope.
        And the master of rattle can (2 coats of which they consider "power coat").

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
          I've got a couple of knobblies to stick on the GS and call it a scrambler, too. I doubt if anyone in Kilkenny is daft enough to pay 4K for it, though.
          I see his Beemer has the collapsible snowflake wheels. I'm just glad mine wasn't old enough to run into that problem, at the time. If I'd hung onto it, it would have been, eventually.
          The Cats aren't daft enough to pay it but might be smart enough to ask for it
          97 R1100R
          Previous
          80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
            The Cats aren't daft enough to pay it but might be smart enough to ask for it
            I doubt if any farmer is going to be impressed by the special caged headlight which is nothing more than a tractor headlamp, all of ten quid from India.
            He missed a trick there; should have fitted a pair of them, and looked more cool, kinda thing.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

La-la land permanent resident. It's not even running, but would be easy to make it go 200 mph

Last edited by wymple; 05-07-2016, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                La-la land permanent resident. It's not even running, but would be easy to make it go 200 mph

https://columbiamo.craigslist.org/mcy/5571383909.html
                That guy is awesome!
                Haha

Comment

Wait, am I reading this correctly?

"...combined with the incredible power, made for a machine that was possibly the reason for the evolution of mankind as a whole.
                  That is why it is $9500.00 and not $950.00"

Methinks evolution passed this guy by.

"
                  If you put another $10K into this bike you might be able to get the original purchase price back out of it..."

I did not know that in 1979 a GS1000 sold new for $19,500.

Then there is this: "
                  If you think this is a joke, well, you sure got up on the right side of the bed this morning!
                  'cause it is."

Umm, what?
                  1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
                  1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
                  1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
                  1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

Originally posted by oregonjake View Post

Umm, what?
                    He's either a poster here or aware of the "CL Funnies" existence.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesWhut? View Post
                      So $950:00 It is. I call first dibs.
                      81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

Comment

Yeah, started laughing even harder when I hit this spot-
                        "Serious offers only, any and all negative comments email me may be publicly posted on a web forum and dissected for humor content.
                        If you think this is a joke, well, you sure got up on the right side of the bed this morning!
                        'cause it is."
                        ...guess some folks just want to be famous in their own way....it makes for some good reading sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post

https://columbiamo.craigslist.org/mcy/5571383909.html

For starters I am honored that someone actually found that listing.

And if you had read the whole thing, which I assume you did, you would of come across this line -

'cause it is.
                          But maybe that was too much for your to comprehend, eh?

Sorry, just stating the obvious!

Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2016, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                            That guy is awesome!
                            Haha
                            I'd not go that far, I am - what I am.....

Thank you

Wait, am I reading this correctly?

"...combined with the incredible power, made for a machine that was possibly the reason for the evolution of mankind as a whole.
                            That is why it is $9500.00 and not $950.00"

Methinks evolution passed this guy by.

"
                            If you put another $10K into this bike you might be able to get the original purchase price back out of it..."

I did not know that in 1979 a GS1000 sold new for $19,500.

Then there is this: "
                            'cause it is."

Umm, what?
                            Umm, like, it says right there, it is a joke, a parody on what we all read all the time on CL.

And it really hurts me to explain stuff like this. If you put another 10K into the bike, you might be able to get your original purchase price of $9500 back out of it - maybe.

I keep forgetting some people don't get it and never will.

Ohmmmmmmeter time -moving on:

Originally posted by JamesWhut? View Post
                            Originally posted by yank View Post
                            So $950:00 It is. I call first dibs.
                            Not aware of the funnies until now - As mentioned, it's a parody of the stuff we see a lot.

You're close enough on price - almost there - are you close enough to come and get it, that's the question!

Link to listing in "For Sale" area of the forum
                            Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2016, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Um, okay.

1981 Suzuki gs 550-l 6,000miles - $1000 (Palisade)

"I'm diagnosing a spark loss problem. Even bought a new used ' brain box'. Super good shape, good compression, GOP! to sell for 1000. But I'd rather find help. I'd like to keep this bike. I've never owned one. I could help with a project of yours, in exchange for you take alook at the spark issue. Need a voltmeter."

He really needs us, or he should be wished into the corn field.
                              1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
                              1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
                              1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
                              1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

Um, okay.

1981 Suzuki gs 550-l 6,000miles - $1000 (Palisade)

"I'm diagnosing a spark loss problem. Even bought a new used ' brain box'. Super good shape, good compression, GOP! to sell for 1000. But I'd rather find help. I'd like to keep this bike. I've never owned one. I could help with a project of yours, in exchange for you take alook at the spark issue. Need a voltmeter."

He really needs us, or he should be wished into the corn field.
                                No link to the actual listing...but somebody reach out to him and direct him here...

Comment

Working...
                                X