Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clone View Post
    ..., but not from a Country with 1 official language like the States.
    On the contrary, the United States has no official language. (<-- click the link)

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Canadians, I had to cut Canada off from eBay sales several years ago due to a lot of, well, "problems".
      I'm not sure why so many Canadians are, let's say, "grouchy", but whatever, we here in the States have our own issues with that.
      The upper east coast comes to mind.
      A couple of years ago I had to travel to Montreal and guess what - everyone was wonderful, the food was great, everything about it was good and fun -
      and I learned quickly that Canadians take their hockey seriously.
      Very seriously, as in police in riot gear seriously.
      My eBay sales are opened up to Canada again, without any issues, and I forgot what it was back then that was causing all the friction.
      No matter, I live in a country that I've just learned has no official language.
      Fitting of a country without any qualified candidates for the Presidency....

Comment

Originally posted by oregonjake View Post
        " Ben in put away for about 26years Bike was runing good
        win I put it away,
        Why, that'll start up and run good as new, won't it?

I wonder if it took him four days to hitchhike from Saginaw?
        Last edited by Grimly; 05-26-2016, 08:03 PM.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

For your amusement

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
            Well, at least maintenance is easier and quicker with no bodywork. Everything is out in the open and in full view. I would imagine a coolant leak at the radiator cap between the riders legs would be exciting.
            1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
            1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
            1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
            1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              On the contrary, the United States has no official language. (<-- click the link).
              "Today I found out the U.S. has no official language."

Just found that out today? Where the frig has he been all his life?
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by oregonjake View Post
                I would imagine a coolant leak at the radiator cap between the riders legs would be exciting.
                You are (somewhat) correct, it COULD be exciting, except that's not the radiator cap. It's the fuel filler.

You can sort of see the rad cap in the first picture. Look between the top of the right fork tube and the rear tire of the truck. There is a larger (about 1 1/4") tube that runs down, and a smaller hose that bows outward and downward. The large tube is the main coolant passage, the smaller hose is the overflow/pressure relief.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

It isn't much of a pacific coast if it doesn't have the body. It is basically nothing at the moment but a wreck. I like it when a person with a vision buys a bike (or wreck) and 'fixes' it then has a lucid moment and then tries to unload it on craig's list or kijiji. Surprised he didn't call it a 'cafe' racer............

Comment

My sister's looking for one of those, although I think she'd prefer it to be a little more...complete?

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                    Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      You are (somewhat) correct, it COULD be exciting, except that's not the radiator cap. It's the fuel filler.

You can sort of see the rad cap in the first picture. Look between the top of the right fork tube and the rear tire of the truck. There is a larger (about 1 1/4") tube that runs down, and a smaller hose that bows outward and downward. The large tube is the main coolant passage, the smaller hose is the overflow/pressure relief.
                      I see it now, thanks for pointing it out. I would think, with those coolant hoses routed everywhere, when one sprung a leak, that WOULD be exciting. Although a fuel spill at crotch height has its high points as well...

Comment

This ad description cannot be described as anything but profane hyperbole of the highest order. I love his enthusiasm and dedication to making the point.

"Hey there junior badass, ever feel like there's a caged animal trapped inside of you?"

"
                        This black beauty will get you to work like a full-blown go hard, transport you and your shotgun through the zombie apocalypse, and give you a new platform for barreling down Dodge with the wind tearing at your clothes screaming, "I AM ALIVE!" on the way to the Steak and Lube."

"
                        $2600 gets you this black beauty, a Clymer manual, and a full tank of PREMIUM MOTHER****ING GASOLINE (91 octaaaaaannneeee), some links to my favorite YouTube videos, a short story about robots, a cup of coffee with me, and whatever kind of donut you want."

"
                        This is an as is sale. Like my mama's backwoods wedding, once you pay the cash and sign the documents it's yours until "death do you part!""

Comment

Only 4K.

I absolutely detest fake patina.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

People love fake, much more than real. Ever notice that?
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Sadly, yes. True patina takes time, and.... actual long term use of the machine.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/mcy/5605343482.html
                                Only 4K.
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]45786[/ATTACH]
                                I absolutely detest fake patina.
                                Seriously, a storm cap on the exhaust?

Comment

Working...
                                X