Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aagghh!!!my eyes!!!

Comment

Here is a chooch, mooch if I've ever seen one!
      Hey if you have an old bike and don't want any money for it...

Some people!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
        Here is a chooch, mooch if I've ever seen one!
        Hey if you have an old bike and don't want any money for it...

Some people!
        Hey, he's doing us all a favor and saving the environment too!

Kind of takes the burden off him to get out there and look hard to get his profit when he flips it. But he's probably going to get more dumb responses than good and then get upset at folks for trying to make him the dump pickup guy.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
          Hey, he's doing us all a favor and saving the environment too!

Kind of takes the burden off him to get out there and look hard to get his profit when he flips it. But he's probably going to get more dumb responses than good and then get upset at folks for trying to make him the dump pickup guy.
          OR, he'll score that one call from someone who says "Come take Dad's bike off our hands - it's just sitting...." and he gets a real gem for free or nearly free......

Comment

Look at the detail on this bad boy!

----------------

selling a 200cc dirt bike. its in very good shape.. im selling it because i have no job and i need money asap..600 obo
            pit bike..dirt bike mini bike minibike....txt or call

Last edited by Guest; 12-14-2010, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Not CL, its from ebay.....but.....WTF ??

Larry D
              1980 GS450S
              1981 GS450S
              2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Come on, Larry, that is why all the guys are so hot to get that airbox off there and get some pods in place.

Funny thing, though, that airbox looks a LOT like the R/R for my son's Venture.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Come on, Larry, that is why all the guys are so hot to get that airbox off there and get some pods in place.

It's just difficult for me to imagine someone trying to sell something and they have absolutely no idea what it is they are selling. Crazy I tell Ya, just crazy !!!!

It looks like the R/R that I put on the GK. I got it from bwringer....I think he said it was from a Honda 700 something or another.

I can report that my "airbox" does a fine job of regulating and rectifing the electrics on the GK.......
                  Larry D
                  1980 GS450S
                  1981 GS450S
                  2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Well, it IS a little box, and air flowing over it IS required to keep it working....

Comment

I'm looking for a small trailer to haul a bike, and while this isn't what I'm looking for, it was entertaining... if you have a reasonable command of English:

"Good auto trailer for sale with new axels, wench (not shown in picture), full size toolbox, and lots of lights. Asking $1200.00 OBO. Call for more details or to see it"

I was wondering if one of the "Axels" was Axel Foley (Beverly Hills Cop), and surprised there was no picture of the wench, since this would undoubtedly be a big selling point for the male buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
                        It's just difficult for me to imagine someone trying to sell something and they have absolutely no idea what it is they are selling. Crazy I tell Ya, just crazy !!!!
                        I was doing some browsing on eBay last night and saw a "chainguard for GS850".

I sent a message to the seller, asking if he also had a chain and set of sprockets for the 850.

(For the new guys that don't know, ALL GS850s were shaft drive. )

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Seen this a few days ago http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/mcy/2082939145.html .May be worth that much to someone else,I wouldn't pay$.02 for one.Had one,the only bike I owned I found reasons not to ride.Must say there are few left not butchered up so what do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                            Seen this a few days ago http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/mcy/2082939145.html .May be worth that much to someone else,I wouldn't pay$.02 for one.Had one,the only bike I owned I found reasons not to ride.Must say there are few left not butchered up so what do I know?
                            To an XS650 Yami fan...it will be. SOOOOOOOOOO many of those bikes have been cut up, stretched, chopped, ect. that to find an ALL original piece, is nearly impossible.

LONG LIVE THE L's...

The XS 650's in stock form, are an absolute BLAST to ride. Low end torque and the top end was rarely reached...
                            Last edited by Dave8338; 12-15-2010, 10:43 PM. Reason: It needed to be said

Comment

You forgot the filling removing vibration.Yes even I can almost see it,still would not take it if you paid me.I HATED mine.Didn't...nay couldn't explore the top end.Just my opinion though.

Comment

I had a 78 650E. It was a great town bike. Sure, it vibrated, it was a vertical twin. I thought of it as a British twin done correctly. It was also reliable, had electric start, did not leak oil and had CV carbs, which I think work better than the VM carbs on my 78 GS750. I liked it a lot and wish I still had it.

Comment

Working...
                                X