No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd really like to know what this guy is smokin'!

1982 Yamaham 750 maxic - $1500

will i have a 1982 yamaham 750cc motorcycle.. very nice bike,, its a great bike for a starter or someone who like to just buy them... i love this bike its my second bike. but it time to let it go.. so here it is the bike has about 17,000 miles on it,, its a red color and looks very good for its age.. there is new tires on it, new plugs,, and oil.. the bad is that its does need little work.. it needs the vivle cover gasket easy fix, needs front brakes but i do have them new never put them on.. besides that looks great and its rides and runs.. the person who buys this bike will be happy.. please call me at ------------- ask for thomas.. clean title in hand. and never been drop.. does need a cleaning nothing else... asking 1500 its a good buy for this bike.. thanks for looking.. i dont have pics of her but if you like i will take some pics if you like and send them to you.. no emails please just phone call,, and no low ballers will not go down that much on bike..

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
      Just when you've seen it all....check out the tank handles. Maybe if during a tank slapper at high speed you can let go of the h-bar and grab hold of the tank.
      http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/2101091935.html
      I would really "hate to get ride of this bike" too. I wouldn't know where to hang on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
        I LOVE it ALL!!! After seeing this fine example, I'm going to take the 850 in the same direction. Think I may even use the pedal idea for some sexy looking forward mounts. Nice piece!

Need to shorten the tail section a little more. It looks WAY to bulky.
        Stuff a beer can in there to house the taillight. That'll make it alright.

Comment

This might have already been posted but not sure...

MINT CONDITION 1980 SUZUKI GS 1100 - $600 (HIGH DESERT)

CLEAN TITLE EXCELLENT CONDITION NEEDS TOP END $600 OBO
          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Many of us like a 'retro' look....but these were ugly when they were new, and they still are.
            ================================================== =====
            Motorcycle Seat w/Backrest - $50

Up for sale is my old motorcycle seat. This is a Corbin/Gentry seat that has to be over 15 years (and I am guessing). This seat is off my 1978 Yamaha XS750 Special and came with the bike when I purchased it in 2008. I'm selling it because I've decided to go original equipment. The seat you see here is not in the greatest of shape. It has its small tears and defects but is a good functional seat. The base is solid and could be fabricated to fit any of the older bikes. I know this because of the welds I found on the base. So if you are interested, shoot me an e-mail and we'll chat. The price is negotiable....

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Comment

There is no question on this one http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...r-250_13809722 Got to be doing some kinda drugs.

Comment

I don't keep up with the exchange rate, but $1700 CAD is still pretty high, eh?

Comment

CAD and USD are close to the same.A little high,there is a newer RZ350 for $1500 in the same set of ads.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1000G Shopper View Post
                    I don't keep up with the exchange rate, but $1700 CAD is still pretty high, eh?
                    Beauty eh?
                    Current Bikes:
                    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Kinda funny.

Comment

needs carbs rebuilt but runs killer if you push start it. Maybe just the pilot jet??

could use master cyllinders for clutch and front brake. They still work fine you just cant bleed the front brake cuz 1 screw is rusted in there (common on these)

Other than those 2 things this thing is ready to ride cross country if ya dont mind not having front turn signals or horn. I have the horn and all wires are there ready to be hooked up.
                        Oh my gosh! That would be a little scary if it wasn't so funny. Course the lard ass comment makes me hope his girlfriend won't read it.
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          I was doing some browsing on eBay last night and saw a "chainguard for GS850".
                          Now now Steve, I am sure that with a little ingenuity, a chain guard could be fitted to a GS850.

Earl
                          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Why must every custom bike include a bunch of skulls on it and be priced ridiculously high?

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Skulls and Pricing

....Maybe because the seller is ridiculously high.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                                Now now Steve, I am sure that with a little ingenuity, a chain guard could be fitted to a GS850.

Earl
                                But the chain guard that was offered on eBay as an 850 chainguard didn't look anything like the chain guards that I already have fitted to all three of mine.

Yep, I have 'em. Two of them have chain guards that are held in place by 16 bolts, the third one is held in place by 19 bolts.

The only reason for that is because Suzuki changed the design for the valve covers in '82.

Yeah, the valve cover covers the only chain on the 850, the CAM CHAIN.

sigpic
                                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                                Family Portrait
                                Siblings and Spouses
                                Mom's first ride
                                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                                X