One hell of a big bore kit

78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
    82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
    83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
    2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
    Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

Originally posted by bsharpish View Post
      ya know you hear things about texas but i never really believed them before this.
      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by bsharpish View Post
        In a couple of days, the ad is going to disappear and NOBODY will know what the heck you are making fun of.

Suzuki 2300 cc - $400 (2300 cc)

bike is a four stroke 2300cc monster. does need a little tlc but wouldn't take a lot to get running. needs a tank, battery, clutch cable, lights, etc. if you like classic sport bikes and know your way around a bike then this can be a very fun very fast toy.
        sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

...thread where you can place all your craigslist pet peeves! ...

Too many "pet peeves" to think of all.
          Here's a few:
          "was running great" followed by "so it should be easy fix" or "before it overheated is all" etc.
          News Flash: EVERY vehicle EVER sold "was running great" at some point.

Then there's "was in a very minor accident" and the list of new stuff contains "new bumper" ,"Neeew Headlight lense" course the borderline retarded posters' list usually has "recent oil change" "tires rotated" etc.
          (All the most basic maintenance that owner could perform, that they got suckered into paying for and never once did while driving thousands and thousands of miles)...

I had one best buddy who did a lot of business for vehicles ,etc. off CL ads and one day, concerned for him I said, " I hope you're careful, You know all the ads [going into city even], asking for "bring CASH" "
          He said, "yeah it's a little sketchy sometimes, but when I do have cash, I keep this very close"
          ...(Detonics version, smallest model .45auto 1911, in stainless)...
          Looking back, I think of that one as "THE CL piece".

"YIKES!" ,makes me daydream about the ideal "CL ad responder piece", awful daydream,
          Can't help it being Interesting though: "ideal CL carry piece" IMO,
          even though it'd be a nightmare ON BOTH ends really...

EDIT: D@rn topic I was looking for one (easy to spot) and found another MC nearby I might get! !@#$ gonna need to rent a storage IF I can get it....(AWESOME!) ...IDK...Want this one. Cheap too HMMmmm...???
          Last edited by Guest; 08-22-2016, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Look at me! I own welding equipment!
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
              Look at me! I own welding equipment!
              The wrenches would have brought $4 each on ebay.
              sigpic
              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
              1983 GS1100e
              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
              1980 GS1260
              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

[QUOTE=83GS1100E_Tornado;2322162]They are pretty worthless for all bikes older than 20 years. This guy was a real piece of work, I emailed him a few times just to pull his chain. He's convinced he's got a gold mine, RARE AND COLLECTIBLE Virago, as if there is such a thing. Just a total moron!!![/QUOTE

I just titled the trippivot GS1260. The licensing peeps ignored the bill of sale and charged me tax on the Old Cars Price Guide value for a #3 bike, which was of course more.
                sigpic
                1983 GS1100e
                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                1980 GS1260

Comment

[QUOTE=bobgroger;2322626]
                  Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
                  They are pretty worthless for all bikes older than 20 years. This guy was a real piece of work, I emailed him a few times just to pull his chain. He's convinced he's got a gold mine, RARE AND COLLECTIBLE Virago, as if there is such a thing. Just a total moron!!![/QUOTE

I just titled the trippivot GS1260. The licensing peeps ignored the bill of sale and charged me tax on the Old Cars Price Guide value for a #3 bike, which was of course more.
                  You can argue all you want, but even the fact that we argue about it demonstrates some relevance for KBB and NADA.

And then, like you say, there's government (DMV) and other legal factors (insurance). Cycle World has had a side bar feature in their "Service" questions for a while now about desirable used bikes that quotes KBB every month. Granted, they've yet to feature a bike as old as our GS's, but I think it's valuable for establishing a baseline. And the Blue Book seems to have been spot-on for the three years I've owned and followed the market for my Suzi.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

KBB is worthless as far as prices go for our 80's Suzukis. Same thing holds true for other bikes from the 80's.

Comment

you may want to look up the statutes in your state.... the person you dealt with may have been wrong.

in texas, if it is over 25 years old, it goes by bill of sale for tax purposes.

this makes sense as a statute because these old bikes and cars are often basket cases when you buy them.

[QUOTE=bobgroger;2322626]
                      Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
                      They are pretty worthless for all bikes older than 20 years. This guy was a real piece of work, I emailed him a few times just to pull his chain. He's convinced he's got a gold mine, RARE AND COLLECTIBLE Virago, as if there is such a thing. Just a total moron!!![/QUOTE

82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                      80 gs1000s

Comment

[QUOTE=Gregory;2322682]you may want to look up the statutes in your state.... the person you dealt with may have been wrong.

in texas, if it is over 25 years old, it goes by bill of sale for tax purposes.

this makes sense as a statute because these old bikes and cars are often basket cases when you buy them.

Agree. I just had the PO state on the paperwork that I paid $200 for the bike (I paid $1600.) No questions were asked.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                        Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

ebay, not craigslist. But worthy.

rat rod by nessism, on Flickr
                          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Is this what Meth heads do while they can't sleep? That is just WRONG!
                            sigpic
                            1983 GS1100e
                            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                            1980 GS1260

Comment

Is that a canteen on the side?
                              Current Bikes:
                              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                                Is that a canteen on the side?
                                Of course not - that would be stoopid!

Looks to be a round, blanket-covered battery compartment of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X