Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kjpeter View Post
    This isn't a craigslist listing and I pray someone knows not to buy these...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Suzuki-...ZXXE53&vxp=mtr
    No attempt to clean them up for sale, then ask 50 bucks for them. Top that off with the fact the o-rings are below the surface of the boot.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
    Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Deuce you forgot a detail, the rubber has been removed so they're useless.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

You could mold new rubber on there....
        sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
          But it says they're in Fair condition???? ( )
          Listing is ended because "The Item is Lost or Broken". He finally figured it out.... Good for him.

Comment

"... oh, about 160 mile 'n 'our give 'er take. Got some ocean front property in Arkansas fer sale, too." Not a bad looking Skunk, though.

1978 gs1000 - $2500

Runs and rides great ,Clean title in hand ,VERY FAST.top speed about 160mph, new battery,new tires they are metzlers moto guzzi,the are speed rated up to 160 and made to look vintage... blah blah blah.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/5750944052.html
            Last edited by Frank Z.; 08-26-2016, 11:20 AM.
            '80 GS1000ST
            '92 ZX-11
            Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

The * 160mph top speed may be attained by dropping vehicle from airplane at altitudes in excess of 5000'
              1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

It has pointless points.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Z. View Post
                  "... oh, about 160 mile 'n 'our give 'er take. Got some ocean front property in Arkansas fer sale, too." Not a bad looking Skunk, though.

1978 gs1000 - $2500

Runs and rides great ,Clean title in hand ,VERY FAST.top speed about 160mph, new battery,new tires they are metzlers moto guzzi,the are speed rated up to 160 and made to look vintage... blah blah blah.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/5750944052.html
                  It looks salvageable. The guy is clueless.
                  How much for the leather couch Dude?
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    It has pointless points.
                    Yah, he didn't even mention that free Barnett Clutch sticker on the broken fairing. That's gotta add 10mph and $1000 to the value...
                    1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Totally non-motorcycle related here, but I found this guitar amp add to be humorous...especially this line:

"It also gets louder than hell, so you can just jack up the gain and have no discernible playing talent and people will think you're awesome...That always worked for me."
                      Current Bikes:
                      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                        Totally non-motorcycle related here, but I found this guitar amp add to be humorous...especially this line:

"It also gets louder than hell, so you can just jack up the gain and have no discernible playing talent and people will think you're awesome...That always worked for me."
                        What??? Makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                          Poser, don't pretend to be something you ain't:
                          “Q: What time does it turn in the quarter mile?”
                          “A: I do not know. this was my street bike. I never raced this bike on a dragstrip. ”
                          When I read "Poser" on that MC, first thought, "What? Not even mexican OR from east LA?"
                          I sort of like that one except the color. Here's one:

Here's one:

I'll never forget one time when I was a kid in a moped shop with my brothers and the lady was kind of funny, her and her brother owned/ran the shop.
                          She was showing us the "Puch" and she said all serious, "This one is a speedy one here"
                          and my brother goes,"about how fast?"
                          and she says seriously, "A whopping seventeeeeeen miles per hour!" enthusiastically,
                          We were chuckling. Think she knew "busted".
                          (Always thought of these as junk since then).

Was just thinking how stupid ads put wrong amount and this funny ad, probably same one that was "Make offer for each in lot " as in $100 ea. or maybe $200 each...rusty. "$1" then "$1500" at end of lengthy ad!
                          Why do they do that?
                          I'll put "$49 in minimum and crap still pops up for $75 or such wanting $7500 really.
                          Wife finally got home...Goodnight

Comment

Wow, all this for only $600 bucks.

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                            87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                            99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                            15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
                              Well,it does have that very rare thing called a "Title"that very few Craigslist bikes seem to have!

Comment

Some of them don't have titles, but have the desirable "tittle" instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X