No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just paid 1/10th of that for an 1100E - I should spray white primer on the tank, fit a vinyl covered torture device masquerading as a seat and make an 800% profit

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
    78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
    82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
    83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
    2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
    Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

This is not funny per se, but funny because of the price. If I were fully healed and had a grand lying around...

From Bend, Oregon.

http://bend.craigslist.org/mcy/5694509082.html

"1987 Suzuki GS-850 four cylinder with sidecar painted as WWII fighting tiger jet. Does not run, needs a piston reboring"

1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
      1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
      1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
      1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

Originally posted by oregonjake View Post
        This is not funny per se, but funny because of the price. If I were fully healed and had a grand lying around...

From Bend, Oregon.

"1987 Suzuki GS-850 four cylinder with sidecar painted as WWII fighting tiger jet. Does not run, needs a piston reboring"

The complete ad:

87 Suzuki GS-850 with sidecar - $1000 (Bend, Oregon)

1987 Suzuki GS-850 four cylinder with sidecar painted as WWII fighting tiger jet. Does not run, needs a piston reboring. The sidecar is hooked up with running lights and stereo system. The bike itself is a beast and a real looker. I had no mechanical or maneuvering issues prior to it breaking down. I love it but just don't have the time/money to fix it. It is stored under cover, you'll need a trailer, first come first serve, 1,000 obo
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
          GK.
          Definitely a GK

A dee-kayed GK.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Not funny at all, just really sad

Convert this classic to a cafe (gay) racer????
            Read this:

1984 Kawasaki Other
            KAWASAKI GPZ1100

“Here I have a Kawasaki GPZ1100 for sale. Too many projects and too little time so this has to go. This has not run since 2010 and i was going to convert it into a café racer but have too many other projects so it has to go. here are the known defects--tank has no petcock and needs a clean out, throttle bodies are stuck, no exhaust fitted although pictures show one, no windshield, scratches and chips on paintwork, no chain, no rear cowl, grab rail and foot pegs. all those parts where thrown out for conversion into a Café Racer. Ask all questions BEFORE bidding. thanx”

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

What an asshat. Not sad. Maddening
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                Read this:

1984 Kawasaki Other
                KAWASAKI GPZ1100

“Here I have a Kawasaki GPZ1100 for sale. Too many projects and too little time so this has to go. This has not run since 2010 and i was going to convert it into a café racer but have too many other projects so it has to go. here are the known defects--tank has no petcock and needs a clean out, throttle bodies are stuck, no exhaust fitted although pictures show one, no windshield, scratches and chips on paintwork, no chain, no rear cowl, grab rail and foot pegs. all those parts where thrown out for conversion into a Café Racer. Ask all questions BEFORE bidding. thanx”

"All those parts were thrown out..." What an idiot!
                Current Bikes:
                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Of course all the hard to find expensive bits where thrown out,what a nit wit.No that's an insult to nits

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                    Read this:

1984 Kawasaki Other
                    KAWASAKI GPZ1100

Picture may not accurately display item being sold. You have a picture of a stock GPZ looks like in good shape, that you totally destroyed and threw out all the parts so that a person couldn't even put it back together............butthead!

Comment

Originally posted by oregonjake View Post

From Bend, Oregon.

If it were running, that's not a bad price for an 850 with a hack, but keep in mind that it's NOT an '87.

Yes, there were '87 850s, but not in the USA. With those wheels, it's no newer than '81. The brake disks rule out '79. The passenger footpeg mounts are also no newer than '81. The forks are from an L. Looking through the CL pictures, the rear fender also looks rather L-ish. The tank is an L tank with a round cap, which was a one-year offering on the '80 850L.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        If it were running, that's not a bad price for an 850 with a hack, but keep in mind that it's NOT an '87.

Yes, there were '87 850s, but not in the USA. With those wheels, it's no newer than '81. The brake disks rule out '79. The passenger footpeg mounts are also no newer than '81. The forks are from an L. Looking through the CL pictures, the rear fender also looks rather L-ish. The tank is an L tank with a round cap, which was a one-year offering on the '80 850L.

No one wants to give him a history lesson? WWII fighting Tiger jet. Hmm, that paint motif was used on P-40 aircraft, which were in WWII (he got that right), propeller driven.

Comment

Originally posted by Clone View Post
                          No one wants to give him a history lesson? WWII fighting Tiger jet. Hmm, that paint motif was used on P-40 aircraft, which were in WWII (he got that right), propeller driven.

The original flying tiger's AVG https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...31286987,d.cGc scheme,much copied later.

Comment

The sharks mouth was used by many units of that period.
                            Painting it on a bike seems infantile to me, but I live in a glass house.
                            Glad he'll never ask me if I like it.
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

This is a little better example of the "fighter jet" look, in my opinion...

1978 GS1000E
                              1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
                              1981 GS1100E
                              1982 GS1100E
                              1982 GS1000SZ
                              1983 GS1100ED
                              1983 GS1100ESD
                              1978 Honda CB750K
                              1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

That's way cool.

V