• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that's a cool sidecar!
    Current Bikes:
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Cool, yes..but it still looks like a little kid's ride out in front of a grocery store. Add an aluminum seat, take off the propeller and the "machine guns" and it would help a lot.
      1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
        Cool, yes..but it still looks like a little kid's ride out in front of a grocery store. Add an aluminum seat, take off the propeller and the "machine guns" and it would help a lot.
        What he said…
        All you guys gonna line up for selfies in the sidecar???
        Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 09-01-2016, 08:01 PM.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I guess when reality smacked him upside the head he decided for the less brutal road travelled.

"Looking to trade for another scoot,something with a little more suspension for my back"

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/mcy/5754139726.html

1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
          1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
          1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
          1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

Update:
            Just got a reply on the "Carb holder boots" that where listed a wile back.

Untitled.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by oregonjake View Post
              I guess when reality smacked him upside the head he decided for the less brutal road travelled.

"Looking to trade for another scoot,something with a little more suspension for my back"

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/mcy/5754139726.html

“call or text,thanks....Serious inquiries please not looking to sell so no lowballs or crap trades..”

How could anybody low ball a bike that's only good for salvage or major frame work?
              What needs to be rebuilt:
              Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 09-02-2016, 07:52 AM.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                “call or text,thanks....Serious inquiries please not looking to sell so no lowballs or crap trades..”

How could anybody low ball a bike that's only good for salvage or major frame work?
                What needs to be rebuilt:
                someone tried to sell me a CBX in similar condition the frame had been chopped and severely modified in a cafe conversion(unfinished)...he told me it could be returned to original but it would be cheaper and quicker just to source a parts bike for it's frame.
                1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Oh C'mon, have a little fun and quit being so serious. Such critical people here.
                  Current Bikes:
                  2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Not being critical..just honest. It looks silly to me. This thread is filled with disgust and cruel remarks at other people's projects..some deserved, others not so much.
                    1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

This guy has a "Red Dirt Bike" that doesn't run but it IS 1100cc.....
                      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Not being critical..just honest. It looks silly to me. This thread is filled with disgust and cruel remarks at other people's projects..some deserved, others not so much.
                        It is supposed to be a collecting pot of the ridiculous for ridicule.
                        Some of these bikes are tracked down and purchased. Most are ridiculously over priced.
                        We gotta tell somebody, these emperors have no clothes on.

Comment

I think if the Machine Guns were REAL and Loaded, then you might have something there... lol

A lot of work went into it. I can appreciate that.
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                            someone tried to sell me a CBX in similar condition the frame had been chopped and severely modified in a cafe conversion(unfinished)...he told me it could be returned to original but it would be cheaper and quicker just to source a parts bike for it's frame.
                            Somebody was so dumb to chop a CBX 1000???? Like, can any be found under $7000???
                            Maybe a 4 cylinder CBX?
                            Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 09-02-2016, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                              What he said…
                              All you guys gonna line up for selfies in the sidecar???
                              Let's face it; you need a sense of humour and a strong sense of the ridiculous to ride an outfit anyway.
                              ---- Dave
                              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Right, whenever they appear in a move, they're always used for a comical prop.

Comment

Working...
                                X