X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
    I think this qualifies

Hipster right down to the "artful"X on the light
    I think they nailed the look of what a Cafe bike is to me. The price however has one too many zeros for what he\she has invested, and the seat is good for about 10 miles. Oh, wait. That's Canadian. Might be worth $147 USD
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Road Warrior Edition. LOL!

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
      87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
      99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
      15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
        I posted that one a month ago.
        This area is to be used only for general GS topics. For non-GS related topics, join the Off-Topic usergroup. <b>Technical questions are not to be posted here.</b>

I can't believe no one has snatched it up yet! Hahaha!
        ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
        13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
        PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

Originally Posted by SVSooke

I think this qualifies
          http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...M450E_28603143

Hipster right down to the "artful"X on the light
          agree it nailed the "look". - I can just see myself all squinched up into a forward-looking fetal position on that ...and hurting within 10 miles on that seat! But if the Starbucks is nearby and you've got $3500 to blow ... = $2,400US?)
          ... I'm a little worried about what will become of the MotoGuzzi 850 that will "replace " it .But it looks like the owner is not cutting them up at least.

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
            Not so much funny because of the bike but the price and wording in the ad:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5986587479.html
            Who'd buy that from such an ad? Maybe an Atlanta Falcon as a "status symbol" ? Oh, nevermind. LOL

I would not do a cash transaction for a stick of bubble gum from anyone who spells "Every thing" as "ery thang" ...

Reminded me though of this one time I bought a busted up chinese scooter , styled like a classic scooter. Lots of completely missing plastic.
            I saw two young black guys riding it in the city and I said, "Nice scooter, I like it."
            So the one guy says , "If you want to buy it just give me $150".
            I got his phone # and bought it a couple days later. It was sort of sketchy deal because they asked me to meet at the gas station in that city. When I bought it , I was leaving and the one young (kid basically) asked whether I had a helmet. When I told him , "no but I'll find one someplace soon", He handed me his "chrome" full face dirt bike helmet (FREE) and says," you'll need this, so here."

It was a very nice gesture and great deal. It was a very fun scooter too. The footboard missing made it like a mini-bike, and the motor really revved rrrrrrNNNannaanananang!!!. The tires were like a clown mobile, tiny diameter .
            I was very thankful for the full-face helmet because nobody could see my face, like wearing a mask.

There's a really funny hipster shopping strip in Georgetown, wash. D.C. where I used to pass the crosswalk and yell at pedestrians "GET THE F@#K OUT OF THE ROOOOAD!!!" in a screechy funny voice for a joke. I put a large Mr. Yuck sticker on the front and a "pod" (car oil breather filter) and a brass cricket box etc. ...When I moved from city, I rode out rt. 7 in middle of night (because the speed limit is 55 and it would hit 45 max. LOL, fun ride)...Wish hadn't sold it. Sometimes I'm tempted to park right on the sidewalk with my MC like the scooter. I had my old Harley-Davidson at same time, but was repairing it, so....

Oh, nothing new to add because I'll be buying an old Mercedes Turbo Diesel that a best buddy loaned me a while back. Just found out he wants to get rid of ALL his extra stuff including it and maybe a MC (or couple) as well. Sounds like he's getting ready to move. No time or $ for ad stuff. Car needs a little work to pass inspection...Blood sucking cars suck the life from my M.C. but no side car for kids....

Comment

This guy can't make up his mind how much he wants......I hate to tell him no one will ever pay that much.

same post different prices lol

$3999

$4199

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Falcon View Post
                This guy can't make up his mind how much he wants......I hate to tell him no one will ever pay that much.

same post different prices lol

$3999

$4199
                Is it just me OR does the seat on the linky look like a giant leather version of a feminine product? :

Maybe a lot of the cafe obsession is an an*l, jAnus obsession IDK,
                Butt it took a lot of work to make the tail kinda stupid:

Nice and clean otherwise looks like. Maybe they'll get that much...Probably all cosmetic work looking at pic a second time and doesn't look very well planned (?)

Comment

Double post but had to find an example pic to copy:

Not bad for $150. Been wanting to make something like this myself.
                  Had a daydream for a LONG time whether one of these could have dual/ multiple purposes. For example, A cutting disc attachment to the rear wheel and it gets picked up and used like a power tool/ saw etc.
                  Heck most of them started out as weed-whackers...Been wanting to convert some of my junk weed-whackers to short-shaft with drill-chuck for drill bits, cutter disc, wood saw whatever....A gas powered power tool for ease of outdoor use.
                  It'd make a decent ninja tool like IF he's seen cutting a lock etc, it doubles as get away vehicle...LOL a "ninja tool/device" ...Urgh! said wasn't going to look, but had to for pic.
                  Got to go pick up title for Mercedes this weekend...
                  I Thank The Most High Creator for the quality of my problems today.

Comment

Originally posted by BurntKittyForge View Post
                    Is it just me OR does the seat on the linky look like a giant leather version of a feminine product? :

Maybe a lot of the cafe obsession is an an*l, jAnus obsession IDK,
                    Butt it took a lot of work to make the tail kinda stupid:

Nice and clean otherwise looks like. Maybe they'll get that much...Probably all cosmetic work looking at pic a second time and doesn't look very well planned (?)

It has wings...lol.... agreed, not very well planned...then again...I'm not a fan of Cafe at all..

Comment

Another scam on craigslist.

These are Fishing pics. You try and contact the email or local number and you get nothing. You have been baited. "They" now have your phone number and email to sell to someone. Great job on the pics fisher man.
                      • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

The original ad (same pic)

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/5996051829.html

1992 GSX-R Suzuki albuquerque,$1000 - $1000

For sale. 1992 GXS-R 1100 with around 15000 miles on it. It's in great shape, and the rare white paint scheme. Don't really want to sell it, but I have to due to family issues. If interested, give me a call
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

This guy is smoking crack thinking he is gonna get $5k for this POS. chinese shocks, nothing special about paint job....can't see anything eyecatching that would make this a $5k bike

1977 GS750 Crape Racer

all I can say about this next one ....BAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAAHAH.. engine is all over the floor and he says "engine runs, just needs to be put together"

1982 GS550

Comment

Nothing funny there, very nice bike!

Originally posted by Blue Falcon View Post
                          This guy is smoking crack thinking he is gonna get $5k for this POS. chinese shocks, nothing special about paint job....can't see anything eyecatching that would make this a $5k bike

1977 GS750 Crape Racer

all I can say about this next one ....BAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAAHAH.. engine is all over the floor and he says "engine runs, just needs to be put together"

1982 GS550
                          Well, I seriously doubt anybody will put up 5 grand, but I like the detail work.
                          I would have found a more serious exhaust and seat, those are both cheapy.
                          Sht, if you're gonna work that hard to build a cafe, build a street AHRMA racer.
                          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Has it got hydraulics to get that exhaust off the ground? I couldn't get that outa my driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              Another scam on craigslist.

These are Fishing pics. You try and contact the email or local number and you get nothing. You have been baited. "They" now have your phone number and email to sell to someone. Great job on the pics fisher man.
                              • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

The original ad (same pic)

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/5996051829.html

1992 GSX-R Suzuki albuquerque,$1000 - $1000

For sale. 1992 GXS-R 1100 with around 15000 miles on it. It's in great shape, and the rare white paint scheme. Don't really want to sell it, but I have to due to family issues. If interested, give me a call
                              Hey look... its here in Dallas too! https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/5996055105.html
                              1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
                                Hey look... its here in Dallas too! https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/5996055105.html
                                Damn - its a trans dimensional time warp machine

That fast it can exist in several places at once - must be worth 10X what he's asking ..... then again $1000 buys a lot of goats and lipstick in some parts of the world
                                78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
                                82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
                                83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
                                2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
                                Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

Working...
                                X