No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was $1014.00 in Buffalo Craigslist on Sunday.
    I guess the family issues are more costly in NYS.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      It was $1014.00 in Buffalo Craigslist on Sunday.
      I guess the family issues are more costly in NYS.
      Heres another (but this one's a Triumph) that has some very similar pricing and wording... plus its an "automatic" like that GSXR.... hmmmmm...

Last edited by TxGSrider; 02-13-2017, 04:02 PM.
      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        Another scam on craigslist.

These are Fishing pics. You try and contact the email or local number and you get nothing. You have been baited. "They" now have your phone number and email to sell to someone. Great job on the pics fisher man.
        • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

The original ad (same pic)

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/5996051829.html

1992 GSX-R Suzuki albuquerque,$1000 - $1000

For sale. 1992 GXS-R 1100 with around 15000 miles on it. It's in great shape, and the rare white paint scheme. Don't really want to sell it, but I have to due to family issues. If interested, give me a call
        It has made it to the Orlando CL.... they must get a lot of money to put this much effort into it.

DO NOT CONTACT THIS AD.. they changed the description a little.. .but same thing basically.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Falcon View Post
          It has made it to the Orlando CL.... they must get a lot of money to put this much effort into it.

DO NOT CONTACT THIS AD.. they changed the description a little.. .but same thing basically.
          It seems that they always list the transmission as "Automatic" and the bikes are usually $1000.00 so finding the scam ads are pretty easy. lol
          1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

A "Cajun" model. LOL!

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
            87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
            99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
            15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
              It's even blackened, haha!

Lots of potential for that 850 though, could possibly be a decent purchase. I wonder how complete the Honda is.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                Another scam on craigslist.

These are Fishing pics. You try and contact the email or local number and you get nothing. You have been baited. "They" now have your phone number and email to sell to someone. Great job on the pics fisher man.
                • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

The original ad (same pic)

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/5996051829.html

1992 GSX-R Suzuki albuquerque,$1000 - $1000

For sale. 1992 GXS-R 1100 with around 15000 miles on it. It's in great shape, and the rare white paint scheme. Don't really want to sell it, but I have to due to family issues. If interested, give me a call
                That’s useful to know. From time to time I've noticed obviously fake ads for Suzuki two strokes but it hadn’t occurred to me that they fishing for contact info.

Comment

So what good is contact info? Any e mail I get, I delete if I don't know the sender.

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                    So what good is contact info? Any e mail I get, I delete if I don't know the sender.
                    As long as it's valid, they can sell it.
                    Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                    87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                    99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                    15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

What an idiot!

$8,000 · Make your dreams come true

I figured this is the perfect time to let this jem go, as it seems all the other beauties are coming up for sale right now. Perfect for the collector or maybe you used to have one, sold it, and have always regretted it. All it needs is some TLC and a rider, turn key really. I am firm on the price so no tire kickers. And if you think this is some sort of Yamaha XS that you can cut and bob, don't even bother showing up.
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        What an idiot!

I figured this is the perfect time to let this jem go, as it seems all the other beauties are coming up for sale right now. Perfect for the collector or maybe you used to have one, sold it, and have always regretted it. All it needs is some TLC and a rider, turn key really. I am firm on the price so no tire kickers. And if you think this is some sort of Yamaha XS that you can cut and bob, don't even bother showing up.
                        Someone should call and ask if he accidentally held the 0 key down too long
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                          Someone should call and ask if he accidentally held the 0 key down too long
                          They get upset when you do that. Guilty conscious and all...

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            What an idiot!

LOL!I recognize Rob's (AZR) bike and place.Pretty sure he meant $800 not $8000
                            Edit: Or he meant it as a joke!
                            Last edited by Guest; 02-17-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Gee, that makes this one look like a deal....worth reading the blog at the bottom !

 $5,000 · 1979 Honda CM400A

Report Ad

Make

Honda Model

Cb Year

1979 kms

1979 Honda CM400A Hondamatic. i am selling it because i just got a new bike and dont have time for it. i know the price is high, im looking to sell it to someone that will restore it and take care of it. being the Hondamatic it has no clutch and only 2 gears. it will go 130 on the highway and is interesting to ride. it is originally from ontario and has some rust, the tank is dented and the decals are peeling. it has been droped twice in the exact same way, husband buys it for there wife, she gets to the end of the driveway and forgets to put down her foot. it was running as of last week but when i went to start her she flooded and has not been happy with me. has Bridgestone Spitfire S11 with 800k on them. if you have any other questions feel free to contact me.
                              Last edited by Gorminrider; 02-17-2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

You Canucks are taking advantage of thinking ALL Americans are stupid. Guess you only need one.....
                                That Honda will bring $400. Canadian....
                                sigpic
                                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                                1983 GS1100e
                                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                                1980 GS1260
                                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Working...
                                X