No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both odometers do show the stated mileage.
    Same pictures otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
      Both odometers do show the stated mileage.
      Same pictures otherwise.
      Oddly similar but completely different bikes. Different pipes and front tires, at a quick glance.
      Save $700 and get the second one. And don't try to lowball the first; he knows it is worth $2500. hehe.

Comment

I normally come here to see what others have found, but I couldn't resist posting this one. I'm simply speechless.

It's an unfinished trike that I started for my wife but need money and can,t finish must sell.Body in fair condition a little rust on tank. Motor runs good can drive down road as is. I can have it delivered up to 300 miles for 1.00 per mile round trip.You can call if you have any questions at 318-225-0550.

Comment

Its actually pretty creative once you get past the initial reaction of WTF!!!
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

please report this item to eBay

^ report that bike for hazardous items. That's an extremely dangerous vehicle. Such a wide, heavy axle mounted with motorcycle shocks located so close to the center... even with those wide swingarm braces, unless there would be some type of bodywork that could help deflect an impact to one of those wheels- not to mention that it's a fixed axle that cannot absorb bumps to either wheel independently... Hitting a nasty pothole under one wheel could spell disaster. At least Harley Trikes have independent suspension!

This is so shadetree it makes me wanna cry!

Comment

Anyone see a rear brake anywhere on there?

Actually, looks like very little damage to the bike itself, though. The side and center stands are still there...Needs what - A swing arm & complete rear wheel assembly? Oh..and the rest of the 4-1 exhaust....

Someone down that way offer him $200 BIN and rescue that poor GS

PS What's that big-tanked bike up by the house with the ape hangers? Doesn't look like a Hardley. Christmas lights and a compressor in the front yard are a nice touch too....

Comment

This has to be a scam. The exhaust is worth almost that much. Add in the custom seat and the front end swap. No way this is being sold for this price.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Don View Post
                  This has to be a scam. The exhaust is worth almost that much. Add in the custom seat and the front end swap. No way this is being sold for this price.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/mcy/2177097604.html
                  Nice that he had to scam a picture off of GSR, eh?

Comment

That's pretty cold.

Comment

Yeah,i'm pretty sure it is a scam as well,however that bike looks awesome...just that exhaust canister looks cartoonishly big to me...
                      Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
                      Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
                      '84 Honda VFR 500
                      '86 GSXR 750
                      http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

"but looks exactly like the pic below"

Sure it does.

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
                          Someone down that way offer him $200 BIN and rescue that poor GS
                          I'm not that far from there right now, but have no way to get it home.

Besides, the BIN is not $200, it's $2000.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                            I'm not that far from there right now, but have no way to get it home.

Besides, the BIN is not $200, it's $2000.

I know - I say he's off by a decimal point...

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
                              I know - I say he's off by a decimal point...
                              Personally, I think he's off by a little more than that, but I agree with you otherwise.

sigpic
                              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride
                              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                              X