Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glib View Post
    Flat Black strikes again. Remove fenders and side covers, dip in flat black and triple asking price. Oh my.

31892B20-C55F-410C-8675-6E870C82E2B5 by Gary L, on Flickr
    One more thing on this. Is it really so hard for these people to see that the side covers are part of the tank design. Purposely removing the side covers is like wearing a tux with no pants.
    sigpic
    1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
    1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
    1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
    On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
    All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

One more thing on this. Is it really so hard for these people to see that the side covers are part of the tank design. Purposely removing the side covers is like wearing a tux with no pants

well said!
      This style..it's hard for me to nail down the appeal.. maybe it seems fascinated with a conglomeration of bits... like the model battleships I used to glue together-lots of guns and aerials sticking out... It seems when covers and fenders and cowls are stripped away, they just look more cluttered with "details".

Not that I like this either! which is maybe the opposite?
      Honda pacific coast - $2800 (Nanaimo)

Last edited by Gorminrider; 01-25-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I can't beat this...

but I'll toss it in anyways...seems like the season is early this year.
        Bobber project - $1200 (Gibsons)

Kawasaki

fuel: gas
        transmission: manual

440 Kawi bobber project bike.
        Custom hard tail, solo spring seat, gas tank, handle bars, head light, tail light and more.
        Registered and have manuals, runs but must be put together.
        To many projects this one must go.
        The hard part is done, $1600 invested make an offer,

$1200 OBO

Comment

I like the part that says ( gets looks everywhere i go with it !) Like this
          81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

Comment

Bobber project - $1200 (Gibsons)

Kawasaki

fuel: gas
            transmission: manual

Let's translate what the ad actually means:

440 Kawi bobber project bike.
            I realized how ****ty of a bike this will end up being, and don't want it anymore.

Custom hard tail, solo spring seat, gas tank, handle bars, head light, tail light and more.
            I took a Sawz-all to a perfectly good frame, bought the douchebag special seat, took some garbage parts I had lying around, and put 'em together.
            Registered and have manuals, runs but must be put together.
            Have title to frame. Ran before I took it apart; it is probably fvcked beyond saving at this point.
            To many projects this one must go.
            Please make this your problem. I cant make it work.
            The hard part is done, $1600 invested make an offer, $1200 OBO
            I bought a frame and motor for $200, and slapped some garbage bin parts on it, give me any amount of money for this POS please.
            1982 GS850GL - Shaved seat foam and new seat cover; Daytona handlebars and Tusk risers; Puig "Naked" Windscreen\
            1978 KZ200 - Mostly original, hydraulic front brake swap, superbike bars; purchased at 7k original miles
            Track bike project: 2008 Hyosung frame w/ 97 gs500E engine swap (in progress)

Comment

Originally posted by yank View Post
              I like the part that says ( gets looks everywhere i go with it !) Like this
              Probably because it is obnoxiously loud with that chopped pipe
              1982 GS850GL - Shaved seat foam and new seat cover; Daytona handlebars and Tusk risers; Puig "Naked" Windscreen\
              1978 KZ200 - Mostly original, hydraulic front brake swap, superbike bars; purchased at 7k original miles
              Track bike project: 2008 Hyosung frame w/ 97 gs500E engine swap (in progress)

Comment

Originally posted by glib View Post
                One more thing on this. Is it really so hard for these people to see that the side covers are part of the tank design. Purposely removing the side covers is like wearing a tux with no pants.
                I always felt these franken bikes were kind of an homage to the post apocalyptic movies of the 70's and 80's. Look at some of the bikes from the Mad max movie and a ton of other bad VHS movies that were out when I was a teen and young adult.

Those movies kind of went away as quickly as they came but even the bike that the Crossbow guy on Walking dead wound up with fits this "cobbled together" bike made from scrounged parts from the wasteland motiff.

In that way .. I can appreciate the efforts and like all quasi artistic and artistic efforts some are better than others. I personally think the bike from the walking dead is pretty neat even if the show sucks.

Some of the bobbers I see I think .. "geez .. your man card and all your tools are now forfeit" and others I think .. "Hey that is pretty neat"

Having said that it is sad also to know that like all things finite there is a limited availability of these old bikes and its a bummer to see so many cut up to achieve the aesthetic. So .. a bunch of us have to try and slavishly save the bikes close to original for posterity and integrity just to counter the many that will be ripped to shreds.

In my future I see a post apocalyptic homage but I can airbrush and fabricate to a certain degree so I wont be cutting and destroying a good frame.

Here is one from one of the road warrior movies

Last edited by Guest; 01-25-2018, 01:23 PM.

Comment

This looks like your knees would be higher than your arms.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                  Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                    He says; “Like I stated earlier, the bike is low so I accidentally broke the regulator rectifier and dragged it to a stop. Super minor issue that will cost $30 to replace.”
                    He's so fed up with it, he don't wanna spend the $30???
                    The guy deserves to keep it…
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

The funniest part, along with the price, is where he says "serious inquiries only".

Comment

Kind of like a grown up Ruckus. Now in real world use the rear chassis would snap off in a week but points need to be awarded for originality.
                        sigpic
                        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                        1983 GS1100e
                        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                        1980 GS1260
                        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Looks like you could remove the side stand... Left foot peg should hold the bike up just fine. Shave a bit of weight as a bonus too. Nice bike. I called the guy, and he was willing to trade me for the "Friendship Bracelet" that's in the redneck want ads thread over in the campfire forum...
                          sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Comment

Sigh....

Don't email him, he will get irritated
                            sigpic
                            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                            1983 GS1100e
                            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                            1980 GS1260
                            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post

The pic has the bike leaned over as far as it goes. Any guess on what the turning circle might be?

It doesn’t take much of a pothole or speed bump to dent those exhausts.
                              Looks like the exhausts give his feet a direct blast when the bike is stopped.

Comment

There was a shop that built several of them and was taking orders for more.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X