No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He picked the perfect spot. You can sit on the bench and enjoy the gold-colored yard decoration.

Comment

It reminded me of an art exhibit. This golden object is at the Guggenheim.

Museum-goers, prepare for "unprecedented intimacy with a work of art." Starting Friday, visitors will be able to use Maurizio Cattelan's America, a gold-cast, working toilet at the New York museum.

Comment

I am thinking Trump may want to buy that one... then it will be the best bike ever!

Any incredible man or woman that buys it will make lots and lots of money, billions and billions of dollars, so much they will be winners again...believe me.
        82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
        80 gs1000s

Comment

Solid Gold 1983 Yamaha Virago 750 - $1000 (oakland east) hide this posting

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

1514 11th ave. at #c
          (google map)

1983 yamaha virago

condition: like new
          engine displacement (CC): 750
          fuel: other
          paint color: custom
          transmission: manual

For Sale! 1 Solid Gold 1983 Yamaha Virago 750. What makes this bike so special? The following: 1. it does not in any way run, nor would you probably be able to ever get it to run again. 2. The "Solid Gold" is meant more as a solid gold paint, and is not actually in any part actual gold. The listing of "Like New" is because, the gold paint makes it look pretty danged new. But it's not actually like new. It's not even like old. It is actually old. I accept Cash, US Postal money order, or a trade for a working 1968 Ford Econoline Van.
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Kind of off topic but ... back in the 70's my first road worthy machine was a GS 450. I then taught my girlfriend at the time to ride. She goes out and buys the Virago. I thought it was ugly as sin but ... it was a 750cc and I was still on my 450 and I did suffer a little ***** envy.

I am not sure it was the reason ... but i did buy a GS750 soon after!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb View Post
              It reminded me of an art exhibit. This golden object is at the Guggenheim.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...the-guggenheim
              Mmmmm. Looks like an ADA compliant height, 1.6 gallon per flush American Standard toilet, connected to a Sloan Royal flush valve. I don’t think that toilet was available as stock. Probably a special order....
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                Mmmmm. Looks like an ADA compliant height, 1.6 gallon per flush American Standard toilet, connected to a Sloan Royal flush valve. I don’t think that toilet was available as stock. Probably a special order....
                Looks like a commercial toilet. Per the NPR article, “visitors to the Guggenheim are encouraged to relieve themselves in a fully functional toilet cast in 18-karat gold called America, which will be on display indefinitely. The installation by Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan replaced the toilet in a small, single-unit museum restroom with a far flashier model.”

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb View Post
                  toilet cast in 18-karat gold
                  Pah; monkey metal.
                  I simply couldn't lower myself to that standard.
                  24 carat or nothing, old boy.
                  ---- Dave
                  79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                  79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                  92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                    That's gold Jerry.....GOLD!
                    Bania—ha!!
                    sigpic
                    1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                    1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                    1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                    On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                    All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Hey Chuck, here's another one of those $4000 dollar 900 Customs you're all in love with. ROTFLMAO!

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                      87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                      99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                      15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

You need to give it up, guy. That is a decent 900, nowhere near as nice. Even in the so-so pics I can see the pipes blue from lean running (a major issue to me) and pitting all over the side cases and top end. You still get what you pay for, buy what you like.

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                          You need to give it up, guy. That is a decent 900, nowhere near as nice. Even in the so-so pics I can see the pipes blue from lean running (a major issue to me) and pitting all over the side cases and top end. You still get what you pay for, buy what you like.
                          This is just ONE BIKE out of MANY that I have seen over the past month. All I know is if I had 2000 dollars, I could buy a CB900 CUSTOM AS NICE OR NICER than the one that was posted here for sale. That's a fact. You guys want to overpay for bikes, go right ahead. I KNOW THE MARKET, you guys obviously DO NOT.
                          Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                          87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                          99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                          15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

You don't seem to get; this thread is for funny listings. Seek a professional for therapy.
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Those welds.....
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                Frightening!
                                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X