No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only do "turbo" and "bobber" not go together, that turbo is the wrong size for the bike.

It is rather critical to match the turbo to the engine size, and I don't know of too many Saabs that have a 650cc engine.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Not only do "turbo" and "bobber" not go together, that turbo is the wrong size for the bike.

It is rather critical to match the turbo to the engine size, and I don't know of too many Saabs that have a 650cc engine.

I didn't say I would build it like THAT 😂😂😂 The concept is there for sure though!

Comment

Ebay find.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Suzuki-GS/183177582588 Yeah, it had some time put in, but 15K????

sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Very nice work, but a whole lotta work keepin all that polished up.
          Kinda disappointed with the low end MAG exhaust.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
            Very nice work, but a whole lotta work keepin all that polished up.
            Kinda disappointed with the low end MAG exhaust.
            Yeah, a four into two with a pair of Dunstalls would set it off just about right for me.
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I could be mistaken, but when I was looking into getting a Seca Turbo years ago, and was worried about getting a bike with a bad turbo. I remember hearing or reading that the Saab or a Renault turbo was practically a direct replacement. Don't quote me on that as fact though.
              GSRick
              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                Ebay find.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Suzuki-GS/183177582588 Yeah, it had some time put in, but 15K????

I'd say a lot of that 15K was in labor. Making that tank was probably a big chunk of it.
                GSRick
                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Craigslist in Vancouver sure dried up fast this year...the frustration is showing.

Solid Gold CB350 - $72000 (Heaven)

Golden CB350

I've finally decided to sell my beloved cafe racer (or is it a brat-style flat tracker - I can never remember the differences). The picture speaks for itself. A true collector that I paid too much for 3 years ago because they saw me coming. I rode it for 2 weeks but then got distracted by vintage camping gear and flat front vans. It ran well when parked but has been stored incorrectly and now won't start. Just needs a new battery and carbs cleaned (I don't actually know what that means but everyone says it in their ad). My price is firm. It qualifies for collector plates although I've removed most of the stock parts and replaced them with ill-fitting cheap crap I bought on eBay. Its an easy fix (but I am too busy designing selvedge denim wet-suits for gender fluid vegan surfers so have to pass this gem onto a new owner). My price is firm. I don't need to sell just testing the market, but I do need the money (I stored my van over the winter and now it won't start). Did I say it doesn't run but its an easy fix? My price is firm. Only serious buyers please. I will only respond to those that include a phone number and a witty reference to a pop culture icon from the '80s. Will trade for food truck or vintage graphic t-shirts. Price includes one of every model of Biltwell helmet ever made and one Bell Bullitt (size small).

Comment

I guess he means THIS:
                    1973 Honda CB350 - $3000 (Vancouver)

image 1 of 5

Honda CB350

fuel: gas
                    transmission: manual

I have a 1973 C350 that was running strong last season. It has been winterized with stabilizer in the tank and sitting covered in a garage for 6 months. It currently wont start and you will need to tow it away. The battery is brand new from last season. It has lots of life left and just needs some TLC.

I had it inspected last year at Rising Sun and the major thing that needs to be fixed are the carbs which I have a rebuild kit for both carbs.

I bought some brand new parts but don't have the time to replace them:
                    Brake cables, clutch cable, throttle cable, spark plugs, resister caps, chain, rectifier for charging system - They don't all need to be done now but should be down the line.

Sad to let it go since its such a beautiful bike and it's definitely a head turner.

$3000 firm

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                      I guess he means THIS:
                      1973 Honda CB350 - $3000 (Vancouver)

image 1 of 5

Honda CB350

fuel: gas
                      transmission: manual

I have a 1973 C350 that was running strong last season. It has been winterized with stabilizer in the tank and sitting covered in a garage for 6 months. It currently wont start and you will need to tow it away. The battery is brand new from last season. It has lots of life left and just needs some TLC.

I had it inspected last year at Rising Sun and the major thing that needs to be fixed are the carbs which I have a rebuild kit for both carbs.

I bought some brand new parts but don't have the time to replace them:
                      Brake cables, clutch cable, throttle cable, spark plugs, resister caps, chain, rectifier for charging system - They don't all need to be done now but should be down the line.

Sad to let it go since its such a beautiful bike and it's definitely a head turner.

$3000 firm
                      One would think that for $3000, at least a front fender would be included. I had five of those and no way is it worth 3 grand.
                      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Steve!!! Your inbox is full, so my most recent response didn't go through. Hope you see this haha

Comment

Need a translator? Creative writer/scammer?

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post

https://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/hell...565935303.html
                            The pic isn't very convincing.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post

https://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/hell...565935303.html
                              ...........Ohhhh and you gettin' me HOT talkin' about that fire breathin' dragon. I lost a heel and a couple toes one time walkin' down the street so looks like i'm a member of that dismemberment club you talkin' bout but, well so I'm not hoppin on any bike but unless it's while humpin' on a dayum dragon goin' 80 on the highway. Then I'm all in, baby.

SIDE EFFECTS OF PURCHASING DIS B*TCH

-RATT Belly shirts, DEF JAM LEPORD belly shirt

-Thong Tramp Stamp -- yuus sirrr I got a thong tat tramp stamp

-Accidental pregnancy
                              etcetc.........
                              Yeah, definitely an essay but it's way overboard. 'Not quite sure who they are after But- its purdy hard ta spel wyl dooin a dialect. and so it's a fail with multi syllable words like "accidental" spelled correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                                Yeah, definitely an essay but it's way overboard. 'Not quite sure who they are after But- its purdy hard ta spel wyl dooin a dialect. and so it's a fail with multi syllable words like "accidental" spelled correctly.
                                I think this is an ad for Outcall service since Craigslist shut down the Personals area.
                                sigpic
                                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                                1983 GS1100e
                                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                                1980 GS1260
                                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Working...
                                X