No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't really deserve the "funny" thread, but this looks fun. Loud, but fun.

Customized GS550. Made to look like a scrambler. 18,000 original miles. Frame was powder coated. New carburetor kits and tires were installed recently. Needs a new battery and some upholstery for the seat. Runs great. Clean title. $1400 obo

Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I think that "Scrambler" is neat. $1400 i would certainly consider it

Comment

If you like cool small bikes; VFR400?

Here's a very cool bike that's in collectable status, LOVE to play with one myself
        1988 Honda VFR400R ebay :Reserve not met
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I like how he wrote everything up for a Honda VFR but then forgot to remove this statement:

This motorcycle is also for sale locally and other advertising sources, I reserve the right to end this listing at any time should this Ducati no longer be available for sale. The following terms of sale apply.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

That VFR400 is super cool but I don't see the point in paying big money for a racer replica made in 1988 unless you are a collector. A R6 will run circles around that thing and weigh about the same...while being cheaper and with spares support.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
              That VFR400 is super cool but I don't see the point in paying big money for a racer replica made in 1988 unless you are a collector. A R6 will run circles around that thing and weigh about the same...while being cheaper and with spares support.
              And it's not a v4 Honda.....
              Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Single sided swingarm, triple disks, 21st century technology, 130 mph top speed..all wrapped up in a 400cc bike. So very cool. I would love to have it, but would probably look like a monkey on a football riding it..lol.
                1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
                  "The Honda VFR400 series of motorcycles were a related series of 399 cc V4-engined motorcycles, which were essentially scaled-down versions of the larger VFR race models of the day.[1] They were mainly developed for, and sold in, the Japanese domestic market, in part due to the tougher motorcycle drivers' license restrictions in Japan at the time for bike exceeding 400cc."

They are INDEED four cylinder engines...
                  '83 GS 1100T
                  The Jet

sigpic
                  '95 GSXR 750w
                  The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

You totally missed the point, spyder.

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                      You totally missed the point, spyder.
                      Can't say it's the first time THAT'S ever happened... Won't be the last...
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
                        Are you referring to the top-end oiling issues?
                        I thought that was just an early generation 500/750 issue or has there been other problems with that motor/make?
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I think that kingofvenus was referring to Nessim's comment about the R6 and saying THAT was not a V4 Honda.

I don't know anything about the VFR400, but based on experience with other bikes, if I were given a choice between ANY bike with a V4 and something else, I would likely take the "something else".

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                            I think that kingofvenus was referring to Nessim's comment about the R6 and saying THAT was not a V4 Honda.

I don't know anything about the VFR400, but based on experience with other bikes, if I were given a choice between ANY bike with a V4 and something else, I would likely take the "something else".

Steve with your love of detailing bikes, a Honda VF750-1100 would be a match made in heaven.
                            Consider owning a Sabre or Magna.
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Not sure if this is "funny" or "odd" but either way its worth a look.... https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/mc...903059603.html
                              1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

This too... https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/mc...901770077.html
                                1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Working...
                                X