Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

You do have to kind of admire the creativity of building a bike out of plywood ... but as an ex Display/Exhibits guy .. damn it could have been better carpentry!!

Comment

!st bike, that was a GS500, not to be missed.
        Science project and maybe it works, but give 'em an F for no effort to make it look good.

Looks like it works but SO DAMN FUGLY!!!
        Gotta have a box for his construction tools on there!!!!
        Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 06-28-2019, 10:00 PM.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

The electric bike is interesting as a science project as Bill noted. Might even be fun. But yes ugly. Definitely a contender for full bodywork.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            The electric bike is interesting as a science project as Bill noted. Might even be fun. But yes ugly. Definitely a contender for full bodywork.
            Yeah, if there's one thing a forklift says, it's speed, excitement and, "Breaks over! Back to work!"
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

with that rear sprocket, that has to be one high-revving motor on the electric!....and a low torque motor too. Properly, might want a gearbox.

Comment

Darwin award winner in training machine. If someone pulls in front of him or if he hits something, and his weight moves forward...

bobber by nessism, on Flickr
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                  Darwin award winner in training machine. If someone pulls in front of him or if he hits something, and his weight moves forward...

bobber by nessism, on Flickr
                  If anyone pulls out in front of him, he's going to be singing soprano.
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with a kick starter - as long as it's gaudy as possible.

Same goes for the exhaust. And is that a suicide shifter on the other side? I guess the wheel has been reinvented. And a grab rail on the gas tank? The more weight the better...

I'm going back to the photo now to search for the clutch.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Is the clutch the pedal on the left?
                      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                      82 gs1100L probably the next project
                      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                        I'm going back to the photo now to search for the clutch.
                        Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                        Is the clutch the pedal on the left?
                        Yep, there's the footpeg, then the pedal for the clutch. Same thing on the right, with the brake.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

My favourite part is the deer bell/whistle by the right foot peg.
                          Probably an unnecessary add-on as no self respecting deer would allow themselves to be hit by a bike like that.
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

That's a "Gremlin Bell".

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

No bids already???
                              Credit for honest description: "Bike is fast, loud and obnoxious."
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                                That's a "Gremlin Bell".

Of course you are right.
                                Don't know why i got them mixed up.

Now i will have to amend my post to read that no self-respecting deer and/or Gremlin would allow themselves to be hit by a bike like that.
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X