Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post

Seen on CL today: asking price is $4500 CDN At that price, I'd expect none of the floats to be sticking:

Gs750 tank, 1976 wheels, custom seat and clipon handle bars. New chain and sprockets, rebuilt harness and cleaned carbs, rebuilt brakes, integrated tail light, aftermarket foot levers, shifter and instruments. Has both electric and kick start.

All work professionally done by previous owner.

One of the carb floats is sticking.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van...937089184.html
    $4500 seems only fair - I mean, he probably spent a lot on that cool exhaust wrap. And aren't you supposed to recover every penny you put into it when you sell? Plus, that's not just any seat - it's a custom seat.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Gawd, almost no travel on the forks, itsy, bitsy pods, no mudguards and those rear-sets are so high your knees'll be in your chest! Oh, and a float is sticking.....
      -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Gs750 tank, 1976 wheels, custom seat and clipon handle bars. New chain and sprockets, rebuilt harness and cleaned carbs, rebuilt brakes, integrated tail light, aftermarket foot levers, shifter and instruments. Has both electric and kick start.

All work professionally done by previous owner.

One of the carb floats is sticking
        Translation:

"This bike is unrideable, but I paid lot of money for it because "café racers" were a hip thing for a minute or two. All of my money is tied up in it, and I need to unload this expensive doo-dad on someone with more money and less sense than me."
        sigpic

SUZUKI:
        1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
        HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
        KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
        YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
          Translation:

"This bike is unrideable, but I paid lot of money for it because "café racers" were a hip thing for a minute or two. All of my money is tied up in it, and I need to unload this expensive doo-dad on someone with more money and less sense than me."
          The price always increases depending on how many screw ups have been installed with maximum potential being reached when it no longer runs and parts are missing or broken. LOL
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
            Gawd, almost no travel on the forks, itsy, bitsy pods, no mudguards and those rear-sets are so high your knees'll be in your chest! Oh, and a float is sticking.....
            No fork brace either, the GS and most all bikes have a fork brace built into the fender.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

One would think this must be a sick joke...

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                One would think this must be a sick joke...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-suzuki...ss!52649!US!-1
                And no attempt at all to clean it up for you! I really wonder how some of these sellers stay in business.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  A couple of things to keep in mind:

1. "Professional" is not a measure of quality, only means they got paid for it.

2. The Biblical Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic was built by professionals.

The iceberg was a gifted natural.
                  ---- Dave
                  79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                  79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                  92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                    The iceberg was a gifted natural.
                    Properly funny comment. A very good reason for a "like" button.
                    '83 GS650G
                    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                      No fork brace either, the GS and most all bikes have a fork brace built into the fender.
                      Very good point.... Unrideable.
                      -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Not to say that I don't want to go and get it... But "Runs good" ?!?!

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/mcy/d/bridgeview-suzuki-ds-90/6948836622.html

'83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Looks like a tomb…
                          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Can you see anything? Yes, wonderful things.... not.
                            -Mal

78 GS750E

Comment

Most Persuasive Photo Award!!!

This bike's still available if interested; no burial date has been set.
                              1997 SUZUKI SPORT

Comment

Wow, I know it was meant to be funny, but I sure could use a LOT of parts from that "Sport"... Wish I had a few hundred to throw at him...
                                '83 GS 1100T
                                The Jet

sigpic
                                '95 GSXR 750w
                                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                                X