No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I keep reading irrelavant BS like "brand new battery filled and charged" "brand new tires (not cheap ones) " yet throughout the whole BS ad, NOTHING is said about how the engine runs or how many miles are on the bike or what shape the cosmetics.... ? Who gives a $hit about the original tool kit under the seat ????? Hell i'm sure the original fork oil is still in the forks too ! Some people have to play the wannabe used car salesman I guess...

Last edited by Guest; 05-03-2011, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I thought dunlops were cheap?

Comment

Hi,

This one includes a bag for your false oil.

For Sale. 1978 Suzuki GS1000 Bobber / Chopper. This is a one of a kind custom Motorcycle. The Motorcycle has a lot of new parts including a custom hard tail, a one of a kind false oil bag/ electric compartment, new front tire, new gas tank and Petcock, a new leather seat, new custom handlebars and grips, new chain, new Headlight, new Tail Light and a like new rear tire. The Motorcycle also has custom powder coating on the rims, tank and fender with custom pin striping and more. This Motorcycle is light and extremely fast. It is a 1000cc Suzuki Motorcycle with a 5 speed transmission. This Bike has been re jetted and runs strong. The Motorcycle is registered and Titled in my name as a 1978 Suzuki GS 1000. I have the Pink Slip in hand and ready to go. The Title is clear and the Registration is clean. The Pictures do not do this Motorcycle justice. You must see this Motorcycle in person to really appreciate it. This Motorcycle runs strong and sounds great. This Motorcycle was built to ride. The Motorcycle looks way better in person. I do not want to trade for anything except CASH please do not ask. $3800.00 o.b.o. Serious offers only please.
        Thanks for looking

Key words: Chopper, chopper, bobber, Bobber, harley, Harley, sportster, Sportster, Honda, honda, yamaha, Yamaha, Suzuki, suzuki, kawasaki, Kawasaki, crotch rocket, Crotch Rocket, sling shot, Sling Shot, rat bike, Rat Bike, brat bike, Brat Bike, brat style, Brat Style, cafe racer, Café Racer, cb, CB, xs, XS, gs, GS, xl, XL, kz, KZ, Rat Rod, rat rod. Pink Slip, pink slip, Street Fighter, street fighter

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thats actually a pretty well done bobber. The oil bag is to hide all the electronics. Ive seen much worse before

Comment

ooh, custom handlebars:

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
              Oh.......Its a chick magnet too. Not sure I want to see those chicks

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...355049559.html
              Yeah - go ahead and ride into Sturgis on that. Oh wait, you'll have to push it in, and then the crowd can grab it for a Zuki drop?

Comment

Originally posted by FreshStart View Post
                Thats actually a pretty well done bobber. The oil bag is to hide all the electronics. Ive seen much worse before
                By no means do I, personally, find this 1000 attractive (or worth $3800). There's a bike for everyone, but this one ain't for me.

Brad bk

Comment

Gotta' love the "bobber" crowd. Guys spend countless hours molesting and modifying what could be a "more valuable" OEM correct bike, only to admire the finished bobber project for about a month, the the owner/builder immediately realize the bike is a total POS and the bobber ends up on craigslist.... Another trashed Suzuki GS....bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Road_Clam View Post
                    Gotta' love the "bobber" crowd. Guys spend countless hours molesting and modifying what could be a "more valuable" OEM correct bike, only to admire the finished bobber project for about a month, the the owner/builder immediately realize the bike is a total POS and the bobber ends up on craigslist.... Another trashed Suzuki GS....bummer.
                    Yeah really. I wonder how many folks who "bob" or "rat" their bike actually keep in and ride it.
                    Current Bikes:
                    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Does anyone have some "flud" I can buy for when I pick this up?

Comment

Originally posted by laserred97gt View Post

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/mcy/2354745721.html
                        I gotta get me one of those yoshimi exhausts

Comment

Originally posted by laserred97gt View Post

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/mcy/2354745721.html
                          Looks like a frrankenbike

I wonder how many miles were on it before the crash?

Bought with no title in IL? Stolen
                          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                          2007 DRz 400S
                          1999 ATK 490ES
                          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Did any of you see last week's episode of Pawn Stars? Corey bought a restorable '74 Husky 400 and had it bobbered. The guy who did the work charged him $8500 with a straight face. Corey says hell put a $20,000 price on it and see if it sells.

Comment

Interesting use of carburetors...

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
                                Wow, neat but I think that would really look out of place.
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X