No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is one that is a testament to Kentucky literacy. Doesn't bother with what type of bike, year of the bike, punctuation or any of those pesky details

Suzuki - $700 (Shepville )

Date: 2011-08-28, 12:51AM EDT
    Reply to: sale-yepcz-2569713767@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    I have been building this bike have alot of money in it need money for some tickets I have got that is the only reason I have it on here I love this bike I have a lot of time in it call for more info I am up for a trade to but it has to b a good one

Comment

This is a cool looking bike, if only it ran:

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
        This is a cool looking bike, if only it ran:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1975-...er-Street-Trac
        Already deleted or sold.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
          Already deleted or sold.
          it's been relisted:

Comment

Deleted there to

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
              Deleted there to
              try searching this on ebay: Yamaha : RD200B (#320750864479)

Comment

here's the text of the ad:

Hello,
                I have a completely rebuilt 1975 Yamaha RD200 2 stroke cafe/flat track style motorcycle with PA title. It has been stripped to the frame and powder coated, brand new Bridgestone spitfire tires and tubes, piggy back air shocks from REY, carbs rebuilt, UNI air filters, new fuel lines, fuel filters, oil lines and battery. Many NOS parts and hardware such as a new headlight, battery strap, petcock hardware, fork dust boots, chain adjusters etc. All the vintage bearings, steering steam, front and rear wheel have been replaced with sealed units. The tank has a small dent on right side front corner, new fiberglass seat with pad, original oil tank and side cover are flat black and ready for paint or left as is for the rat style look. Clubman style bars, bar end mirror and perches, levers and grips all new. Speedo, tach and turn signals have all been removed. I have a used voltage regulator from e-bay being delivered in the next few days. I'm also waiting for one last order from bikebandit, misc hardware new main harness fuse holder etc. A few things still need to be done before she is ready for the road. The voltage regulator and fuse holder will need to be installed and wiring finished, rear brake hardware and brake switch spring, chain and chain adjuster, stock exhaust expansion chambers installed. I have all new synthetic fluids from Motual gearbox oil, chain lube, fork oil, 2 stroke oil etc. The bike will need a shake down ride and all bolts retightened. A service manual and many parts will come with. I have well over $3200.00 dollars into this bike I just lost interest. I will not ship and bike is for sale locally so I reserve the right to end this auction at anytime. This bike has not run in approx 2 years. However engine turns over and I have no doubt if you have a little knowledge of motorcycles you will have it up and ding-dinging in a day. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or offers reserve price is $2000.00. Thanks for looking and happy bidding I just hope this sweet little 2 stroke will go to a good home.
                Last edited by Guest; 09-02-2011, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Comment

I like the bike. I bet she sounds like a mean little b****! The price seems a bit much to me, but at least he realizes it's a loss and isn't one of them fools asking for the $8 squillion he spent working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                      I like the bike. I bet she sounds like a mean little b****! The price seems a bit much to me, but at least he realizes it's a loss and isn't one of them fools asking for the $8 squillion he spent working on it.
                      I like it too, but with all the work that's been done to it already, it makes me wonder why he hasn't gotten it running, and why it isn't running.

Comment

That's a good point. Maybe he HAD it running and it just sat too long. But, then again, maybe he put the cart before the horse and got shineys instead of the parts that go VROOOOOM! Hopefully someone does get it running and at aright price too. It's a sexy devil.

Comment

Check out why he is selling!!

Check out why he is selling and then look at the pictures.....Is it really going to help?

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                            Check out why he is selling and then look at the pictures.....Is it really going to help?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1981-...item2c5f124fcd
                            ... my wife said it must go so she will have room in the garage again.

Methinks NOT.

But at least he's not dreaming with the "Buy it Now" price of $1500.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Like the "no reserve" and a starting bid of $650 to

Comment

Working...
                              X