Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hjacobmiller View Post
    Yeah, I actually saw it when I bought mine off him. It was frightening to say in the least.

Had about 1/2 of clearance between the ground and the open pipes. Couldn't have been comfortable or safe.
    Them ain't open pipes

They got Snuf -R-Nots!
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

He seems pretty sure it's a Suzuki

But not much else...

"I have a suzuki gs 1100 or a gs 850, but im leaning more towards 1100. I think its an 80-84. I dont know much about this bike. My dad got it several years ago from a buddy to fix up and never got to it. I now have it and its juat taking up my space. The bike does need some work but when finished it will be a sweet bike. Im asking 500 but i will listen to any offers, i just want this bike gone. For more pics and info text/call 918-629-6421"

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/mcy/3122214698.html
      1982 GS1100GL Citrus County, FL

a rare outsider and was only built until 1983. Who still has one, it gives her so little.

Comment

Originally posted by fishfarm View Post
        But not much else...

"I have a suzuki gs 1100 or a gs 850, but im leaning more towards 1100. I think its an 80-84. I dont know much about this bike. My dad got it several years ago from a buddy to fix up and never got to it. I now have it and its juat taking up my space. The bike does need some work but when finished it will be a sweet bike. Im asking 500 but i will listen to any offers, i just want this bike gone. For more pics and info text/call 918-629-6421"

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/mcy/3122214698.html
        For more pics...More than zero?

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that the price of even high end well made factory choppers has dropped precipticely over the last couple of years? I guess the home atm ain't kicking out 60 to 80 grand for motorcycles anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
            For more pics...More than zero?
            What did he say when you called him?

Eric

Comment

16 years? Some folks insist on the right R/R - no cheap substitutes!

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I MIGHT take your bike, IF it's free, AND IF

it's exactly what I'm looking for. Otherwise, forget it.

Pretty specific for a moocher.

Quote:
                "I'm looking for free to low-dollar Suzuki 1100cc shaft-drive bike(s) that need some work or that may have some good parts on them. I want specifically a Suzuki GS1100 G or GK, model years 1982-84, or a 1991-93 GSX1100G. I'm NOT looking for the GL chopper-style model. Also not looking for a 650, 850, or 1000cc model other than a red '81 1000G model if it is a Florida bike. If you have one of these old bikes that's been sitting and would like to allow someone to bring it back to life or make use of some parts, please respond.

Basket case? Send me an email. Museum quality? I don't have the money, so no need to waste your time. Somewhere in between? Send me an email and let me know what you have. I have a trailer and can haul away almost anything.

I'm not interested in a trade, or getting rich quickly. If you respond to this ad, please make it legible English and personalize the message so I know it's from a real person. Unlike many Craigslist people, it won't take weeks or months for you to hear back from me. "

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/mcy/3125481872.html
                1982 GS1100GL Citrus County, FL

a rare outsider and was only built until 1983. Who still has one, it gives her so little.

Comment

That's a member here who is looking for heaps to work on or get parts from.
                  A few members here do this, and these guys bring these GSes back to life from neglectful owners that would otherwise leave them leaning against the back shed to feed the rust. I applaud him for doing what he can to save a bike he wants from otherwise being turned to complete scrap.

Tank

Comment

Any takers?

Funny....nuf said.

Comment

Was looking at other GS's out there and came across this guy.

1981 Suzuki GS1100 new built motor - $2000 (queen creek)

Tired of this bike just sitting in the garage. Inherited it last year, had the motor built by westys motorsports and put the rest of the bike back together. Rebuilt the forks, new tires, chain brakes and wiring simplified. Chopper headlight and no signals. Bike is fast runs great just needs a little more tuning. Have more into it than I'm asking just need the garage space.

Eric

Comment

Another 850 bites the dust.....

Pods and straight pipes. Think it needs "...some tuning done to the carbs..." ?

Maybe he should have got the permission from WIFE first?

1981 Suzuki GS850 BOBBER - $3300 (Chicago)

Date: 2012-07-10, 11:27AM CDT
                        Reply to: nn9vr-3104759788@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I'm selling my 850 Bobber, this bike was JUST built and finished last week. Sportster tank, new clutch, custom mirror, hard tail, drag bars, new air pods, new spark plugs. Electric start and ALWAYS starts on the first try. It still needs some tuning done to the carbs but it runs fine now. Clean and clear title. I'm asking $3,300 OBO but won't give it away. Reason for selling?? WIFE. Need to buy a 2 seater if I want to have a bike. No test rides unless I have cash in hand. Contact me with any questions

Julio

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
                        PostingID: 3104759788

Comment

Why do these people think they are "improving" these bikes????
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
                            Pods and straight pipes. Think it needs "...some tuning done to the carbs..." ?

Maybe he should have got the permission from WIFE first?

$ 3,300.00, what day is it where he is?

Comment

Originally posted by bbjumper View Post
                              $ 3,300.00, what day is it where he is?
                              Give the guy a break - he's just trying to recover his labor costs - taking off all those silly OE parts, hacking the frame, putting on a too-small tank and non-padded seat. All that WORK and it runs like crap. He's just trying to find the next suck** correction - buyer 'cause he's out all that money!

Plus his wife is p*ssed off!

Comment

Another optimistic seller...at least post an actual picture for this price!

...might be able to talk him down about $1800 or so since it needs a new R/R (and because it's an L).
                                Last edited by Guest; 07-10-2012, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X