X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I've added everyone that posted to this thread instead of sending me a PM. And congratulations to New Zealand, there are now 3 of you.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

azr, FWIW, your footer has a link regarding GSR Google but the link brings one to this thread. I find it a trial to find the Google map to view the locations as it is not evident without re-reading your initial post.

I'm wondering if the direct link could be prominently displayed, perhaps in the thread title?

Not complaining but simply attempting to report experience which may reflect others'. Yes, I know I could save the Google link, etc. but choose not to do so for various reasons. I tend to view the map only every few months so do not recall the liink which requires searching.

Applause for the project!

If there is a complaint, it would be the concentration of GS on Vancouver Island with few on the mainland. Fix this please!

Comment

Originally posted by Normk View Post
        azr, FWIW, your footer has a link regarding GSR Google but the link brings one to this thread. I find it a trial to find the Google map to view the locations as it is not evident without re-reading your initial post.

I'm wondering if the direct link could be prominently displayed, perhaps in the thread title?

Not complaining but simply attempting to report experience which may reflect others'. Yes, I know I could save the Google link, etc. but choose not to do so for various reasons. I tend to view the map only every few months so do not recall the liink which requires searching.

Applause for the project!

If there is a complaint, it would be the concentration of GS on Vancouver Island with few on the mainland. Fix this please!
        Thanks for the input, I'm always wondering how this whole thing is working for others. I don't think I can put a link in the header but maybe I can try changing the colour of the link for the map, that should make it a little simpler for people to see within my instructions. Not much I can do about the lack of GS population on the mainland. Why don't you start reproducing GS bikes and help things grow, that's what I do. Besides with this bloody weather there ain't much riding going on...man what a crappy start to the season, again... oh well.
        Rob
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

So you adventure riders know, 'Artbone' has added himself to the map and offered his shop and mechanical skills to anyone that ventures that way and is in need. Looks like he's a couple of hours North of Mexico City.
          Rob

Comment

Mike Stevenson Kenosha, Wi. 53142
            sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
            1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Originally posted by Roostabunny View Post
              Great work, AZR!

Thanks for putting this together. We sure are spread out! Unless you live in the Northeast, your chances of randomly crossing paths with another member are pretty slim.

Still, good to put some places with the names!

Cheers,
              Josh
              Josh...are you hating on us North Easterners?

Comment

Originally posted by FreshmanJoe View Post
                need to see more folks from central il on the map. I need some people to go riding with.
                Hey Joe. You are only 90 miles from me. I have ridden over to route 66 a couple of times. We could arrange a meet someday and do some riddin.
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Dave Young

1204 3rd St. SE Rochester, MN 55904

44.021631,-92.469899

Comment

Finally got around to updating the map with everyone. Just a reminder it's easiest if you send me a PM rather than posting to this thread. Check out 'soupstone' all the way up in Scotland. We sure are getting spread around.
                    Rob

Comment

how do i see the map? Im in christchurch, new Zealand

Comment

GSR map

hi im in County Mayo Ireland, dragonpaul.

Comment

Originally posted by gs750caferacer View Post
                          how do i see the map? Im in christchurch, new Zealand
                          To see the map, follow the information that is in the very first post of the thread.

To get on the map, send a PM to azr with your information. Note that you don't need an actual address, unless you want the marker to point at your house.
                          My marker points to the same place that my GPS calls "home", just to fool people a bit. It's not my house, but you can see my house from there.
                          In fact, the location for my marker is the police station down the next block.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Here's a shortcut link to view the map without any other setup:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:...SR_members.kmz

It just launches Google Maps and points it to the forum list.

Glen

Comment

How do I get my location on added on? K never mind I found it lol
                              Last edited by mrbill5491; 02-12-2013, 10:46 AM.
                              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Did you get my pm with my location?

Comment

Working...
                                X