No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good vid Garth. Music fit in there perfectly. I feel like going for a ride all of a sudden!
    IBA# 12860
    Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
    1984 KZ1100R
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
      Good vid Garth. Music fit in there perfectly. I feel like going for a ride all of a sudden!
      If my Victoria buddies were over, there probably would have been another twenty miles and a relaxing beer at the Long Horn's outside tables.....
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Did you say beer? You missed Trevor and me at the Moon yesterday! Are you bringing that camera to Vernonia? You might collect enough incriminating evidence to blackmail some of us into supplying you with a lifetime supply of IPA!
        IBA# 12860
        Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
        1984 KZ1100R
        2008 Kawasaki KLR650
        2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          If my Victoria buddies were over, there probably would have been another twenty miles and a relaxing beer at the Long Horn's outside tables.....
          And speaking of Victoria, here's a shot I took in Sidney on the Saanich Peninsula during a ride yesterday.

Sorry it's not the Katana, but it is a GSX!
          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Rally "Sturgis" on the River in Davenport today. The wife and the metal mistress. Heavy on the HD Culture, very few vintage. Still a car show on the side and a great day with a wonderful woman.

Hondas
            '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
            Suzuki
            '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
            Kaw
            '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by akckhim View Post

Went for a ride with an friend dig his 70s style street racer kz900
              LOVE this picture... A couple of old school HOT RODS on the prowl.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Part 6 is up now...

http://youtu.be/2B2kpzz_rYs

Watching other quality videos is making me think I need to try some music... I think my exhaust + wind noise isn't sounding so good... might have to roll out some ZZ Top which tends to be pretty good music to look at ride videos with
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

..pete- there's a couple of possible solutions...put a "hair guard" over mic's hole. If you look at outdoor audio recording, you will often see the mics have hairy coverings. This works best imo. you might also see Foam as a cover but for wind, it's pretty useless,imo.
                  Another option more complicated is to extract the audio track to edit or make a separate audio track from a windsheltered location on the bike and then match one to the video in the editing. I'm not soo much into this as I used to be but using audacity or wavosaur (free) for audio fixups (though Goldwave is MY favourite) then "virtualdub" (free)to sync and add the new track seems to give good results. You can actually remove various frequencies.... Everyone has their own system of course and vdub does need the video to be as ".avi" so you will likely need to convert the camera's format....

I like some music but it's really nice to hear the engine and road too.

Comment

Did about 100 mi on the XL this AM with more to come later. A picture for a phototag on another board from earlier today.

Will have the GSX 1100 G out this afternoon for another 100+ mile jaunt.

Comment

Can you get another picture of the bike a little further to the left please?
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                        Can you get another picture of the bike a little further to the left please?
                        Not today about a 40 mile ride each way if I stay off the HWY.

Scott, here is a link that talks about the historical marker and local history.
                        'Highland Clearances' and 300% hikes in farm rent prompted many Scottish farmers to sail to America in the mid-1800s. (A historical marker located near Mt. Vernon in Dane County, Wisconsin.)

Last edited by Guest; 06-16-2013, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Thank you for that. I love reading about the history of sites and will try when I have the chance.
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I watched a guy spray fruit trees with this crop-dusting helicopter.
                            He darted around like a bird. Quite fascinating.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

(that appears to be a sweet 175...! )

went to a car show today but the only pix I took were bikes...here's the beater bike tucked betwixt some fancy bikes.

[IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-vcpNx-XF4TQ/Ub5uep_HxsI/AAAAAAAAAKE/bt*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$mrfQXI/s800/dent%2520fixed_qualicum_june16-2013.jpg[/IMG]
                              .....a rather nice repair, I think. It can wait til winter rains to fix it now!

and even Kawasakis (?)have skulls on them. Nicely done! but I never dug the "skulls" trip .

Comment

Look closely and see the big trout below.

A little ride to warm up the oil in the bike so I could change it. 100 miles to Weaverville for lunch.
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g
                                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                                X