Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovin' the pic's guys, keep 'em comin'!

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
    ..pete- there's a couple of possible solutions...put a "hair guard" over mic's hole. If you look at outdoor audio recording, you will often see the mics have hairy coverings. This works best imo. you might also see Foam as a cover but for wind, it's pretty useless,imo.
    Another option more complicated is to extract the audio track to edit or make a separate audio track from a windsheltered location on the bike and then match one to the video in the editing. I'm not soo much into this as I used to be but using audacity or wavosaur (free) for audio fixups (though Goldwave is MY favourite) then "virtualdub" (free)to sync and add the new track seems to give good results. You can actually remove various frequencies.... Everyone has their own system of course and vdub does need the video to be as ".avi" so you will likely need to convert the camera's format....

I like some music but it's really nice to hear the engine and road too.
    I've got a fairly thick piece of foam I velcro over it at the moment and it works reasonably ok until I get up over about 80kph. The waterproof cover works wonders but muffles the exhaust note too much, and I can't plug the power in to keep it charged with that on either.

I know what you mean with the hairy style one, but not sure that will work so easy as the mic is internal and is basically a hole in the rear next to the USB socket which is why the piece of foam over it is the best I've been able to come up with yet.

I shall keep experimenting...
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Beautiful scenery, Charlie.
      With your great pics i can almost hear the babbling brook.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Had to go check on a job today, nice weather so decided to take the Bandit, my wife decided to come along too. Here is Dawn with the bike at Bishop Middleham, our destination. It was sunny when we set out, but soon clouded over. On the way back, stopped to take some pics at a village called Sedbergh. Some old trees were cut down a few years back, but some artist guy sculpted the stumps into these figures. Not too sure what gives with the dummy hanging from a tree, but there were a few odd things like this dotted about. Final shot, Dawn and the Bandit with the village pub.

"Betsy" 1978 CX500 ratbike
        1978 GS750
        1979 GS750 chop
        1979 GS550
        2003 GSF1200 K3 Bandit
        2000 Enfield Bullet 500
        1992 XV750 Virago
        2016 Harley 883 Iron

Comment

Went out for a quick ride yesterday to celebrate father's day. Yup, I'm definitely on the west coast!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Hokey Smoke!
            I sure have missed a lot, not opening this thread before.
            What a fantastic way of sharing, quick and easy.
            Good job. Thanks for sharing.
            You can be sure I will be back...

Comment

Hokey Smoke!
              Good job!!
              Thank all of you for sharing.

Comment

No pictures of it, but I got caught in one hellacious storm on my way home from work tonight. 60 mph winds, hail and lightning. I pulled into a convenience store and rode out the worst of it. A guy in a pickup truck who pulled in to the store just a minute after I did, told me there was a tree down across the road where I just came from. It must have fallen right after I went through.
                De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  Beautiful scenery, Charlie.
                  With your great pics i can almost hear the babbling brook.
                  I just happened upon this place. Next time I'm bringing my flyrod.

Originally posted by tomo View Post
                  Had to go check on a job today, nice weather so decided to take the Bandit, my wife decided to come along too. Here is Dawn with the bike at Bishop Middleham, our destination. It was sunny when we set out, but soon clouded over. On the way back, stopped to take some pics at a village called Sedbergh. Some old trees were cut down a few years back, but some artist guy sculpted the stumps into these figures. Not too sure what gives with the dummy hanging from a tree, but there were a few odd things like this dotted about. Final shot, Dawn and the Bandit with the village pub.

Thanks for the shots of your ride. Nice to see the Mrs.

Originally posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
                  Hokey Smoke!
                  Good job. Thanks for sharing.
                  Are you Patty? I think your stuttering with your posts.

cg
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Took my bike out for a ride last night to a local lake, got there just in time for sunset! I think this is probably one of the best pictures I've taken of my bike!

Comment

...I've seen enough English murder mysteries to know the bloodiness that goes on behind the doors in those pleasant English hamlets!

... this appears to be a murdered parachutist...Miss Marple, where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by tomo View Post
                        Not too sure what gives with the dummy hanging from a tree, but there were a few odd things like this dotted about.
                        There is a skydiving operation near Sedbergh...home of the Black Knights.
                        '83 GS650G
                        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Thanks for the shots of your ride. Nice to see the Mrs.
                          Thanks Charlie G, took some persuading to get her in the shots, hates having her photo taken when she is wearing her bike gear because she says it makes her look like the Michelin man .

...I've seen enough English murder mysteries to know the bloodiness that goes on behind the doors in those pleasant English hamlets!
                          Ever see the movie American Werewolf in London ?. The scene where the two lads walk into the pub and everyone stops talking and looks at them, well thats what its like at this pub too !.

There is a skydiving operation near Sedbergh...home of the Black Knights.
                          Good guess BigD_83, but this must be a different Sedburgh, no parachuting clubs in this neck of the woods
                          "Betsy" 1978 CX500 ratbike
                          1978 GS750
                          1979 GS750 chop
                          1979 GS550
                          2003 GSF1200 K3 Bandit
                          2000 Enfield Bullet 500
                          1992 XV750 Virago
                          2016 Harley 883 Iron

Comment

Rode to work this morning and got a nice treat on the home. A ride through bike wash! Ok so I got caught in some rain... Big deal. Still more fun than car commuting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                              Rode to work this morning and got a nice treat on the home. A ride through bike wash! Ok so I got caught in some rain... Big deal. Still more fun than car commuting.
                              Most definitely Tim! Beats the train as well...
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Absolutely! I take the bike to work as often as I can. Yesterday was the first time I got wet though. At least it was on the way home so it didnt really matter. Next questionable day I will be stuffing my rainsuit in my pack. Lesson learned.

Comment

Working...
                                X