No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geezus, my favorite places to ride here are either shut down due to forest fires or the threat there of...temps have been in the lower 100s and with dry winds. Not fun to ride in. Forest service has hired people to block access to most of the forest roads and highways. If you don't live there, you don't get in. Silver fire is now at 49 square miles and is expected to grow another 9 square miles by Friday. So much for the Emery pass road. Ruidoso is a tender box as well as Cloudcroft (NM) Just heard they have a new fire in Prescott AZ or near there. Fun summer so far. I've had the bike home for a month now and have put 80 miles on it...weeeeeeeee.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I went on about 6 short rides today - I'm still breaking in the engine on the GPz1100, So I fired it up first, took a drive, varying the speed, etc., then came home parked the Z - grabbed the GS1100, and took off again.

It was great - I got some wind in my hair.

I want to do a little work on the GS suspension though - it seems way too easy to bottom out the front fork when braking, and somewhere before I got it the previous owner disabled the anti-dive, so I think I'm going to put the hoses back to stock and reactivate the anti-dive.

And I think the back shocks are sacked too - riding two up and cornering it's easy to hit the centerstand -

Comment

Was out last evening enjoying the views around the Saanich Peninsula, BC!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Most of my riding in last couple weeks has been to work and back. Or maybe an occasional errand in the evening.

Ride in at 630am, southbound, and with sun at low angle makes shadown across the lane.

Parked near side door.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

It's my Birthday weekend and I pretty much spent it at the beach. Today was the only day I rode my "T" though...it's been too hot/muggy to ride but today wasn't that bad.

We have to pay for parking now that it's "Summer Season" so I only stayed an hour and enjoyed some carb legs at "Claws". Another great Birthday for me and first as a member of GSR.

Ed

EDIT: Reference thread -- http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=210481

EDIT 2: I made a boo boo. I meant to spell "crab legs" and I spelled "carb legs". Bahahahaha!
            Last edited by GSXR7ED; 06-30-2013, 06:50 PM.
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
              hour and enjoyed some carb legs at "Claws". ......
              Ed, Trying to envision "carb legs" .

Dave

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

It's my Birthday weekend and I pretty much spent it at the beach. Today was the only day I rode my "T" though...it's been too hot/muggy to ride but today wasn't that bad.

We have to pay for parking now that it's "Summer Season" so I only stayed an hour and enjoyed some carb legs at "Claws". Another great Birthday for me and first as a member of GSR.

Ed

EDIT: Reference thread -- http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=210481
                Congrats! I guess "carb legs" must be a Delaware thing.
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Hahahahaha!

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  Ed, Trying to envision "carb legs" .

Dave
                  I was typing so fast I didn't catch that...touche'!

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                  Congrats! I guess "carb legs" must be a Delaware thing.
                  Thanks for the "Congrats", I made it to 47. Do you remember 47 earlfor? (Joking!)

I can start making it a Delaware thing!

Thanks to both of you...it seems I need to have grammar errors to get things going. I'm learning!

Ed
                  Last edited by GSXR7ED; 06-30-2013, 06:49 PM.
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thanks for the "Congrats", I made it to 47. Do you remember 47 earlfor? (Joking!)

Ed
                    Just barely, that was in the days of wood and fabric airplanes and cars with hand cranks on the front bumper.
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Hahahahaha!

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                      Just barely, that was in the days of wood and fabric airplanes and cars with hand cranks on the front bumper.
                      You making fun of yourself is awesome!

Thanks...you have made my weekend!

Ed
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

When I was a kid we had a tractor with a hand crank. At 95 pounds I was never able to use it, but my dad used it multiple times when the battery died.

Comment

Here's another pic I found...can't remember when it was taken...I was on my way to the beach and got pulled over...see the wallet on my tank?

Ed
                          Last edited by GSXR7ED; 07-01-2013, 10:28 AM.
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Had to put her back together to get a ride in. Temps finally dropped to the 90s...had to take what I could get.

Dry Creek Canyon in Lindon, UT.

Comment

One of my roommates bought a XL-250S and I got to borrow my other roommates XT600 and we went on a dual sport adventure yesterday. There are a ton of great riding roads around my new place, we went up the mountain and rode around Berkeley for a while. Eventually we ended up in Concord and I thought I was gonna die. I was wearing a non ventilated leather jacket and it was 103* out... Still I had a great time.

I'm looking for a good dual sport to ride in the meantime while my GS is down, they're so much fun.

Comment

Yesterday the BCCMC { British Columbia Classic Motorcycle Club } went on a Pre Canada Day ride to Lytton BC. Where we met up with some of our Kamloops members. Hot as hell 37C.

The group meets up at Bruces restaurant...

And now for some bikes.....

John and his wife with my Norton.....{ if he ever leaves his garage unlocked }

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X