anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
    Another Friday off, another Friday ride! We're having the most amazing summer out here!

Love it... awesome scenery and awesome bike
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I took a quick ride in the morning to check out the sunrise. Rode to the coast and took these shots at 4:45 AM.

(The beginning of a new day)

(GS400T soaking up the morning rays)

(Took this later in the day, off of King George Terr)

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMERHT View Post
        I took a quick ride in the morning to check out the sunrise. Rode to the coast and took these shots at 4:45 AM.
        (The beginning of a new day)
        Nice sunrise photos.
        Ew, 4:45am.
        I think I will stay with sunset photos, at least until fall.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

@Redman,
          Yeah 4:45 wasnt really nice and it was cold too. I also slept the rest of the day after the ride.

Comment

rode to Muskegon Bike Time.
            Not that this is my favorite thing, but it is a spectical to see, and is only about 20 miles away.
            Thosusands and thousands of bikes. About 10 blocks and sidestreets closed off to cars. Bikes parked on both sides of street and two rows down the middle.

Maybe these pictures don't show it well, because, are from a traffic circle, and is where there were some vendors setup.

Anyway, thosuands and thousands of bikes.
            I saw a couple Hondas from the 80s.

Saw this. I was quessing an AJS until I saw the Royal Enfield tag. Had PA plates.

Well,
            20-30 minutes was enough of that.

Headed out for a ride. Lake Michigan in Muskegon.

More pics in "Sunrize Sunset"

Last edited by Redman; 07-21-2013, 06:21 PM. Reason: spulling

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice pics, Hammer.
              At 4:45 here the only thing awake are the Cardinals making a racket.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Of course I went for a ride today!

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                  Of course I went for a ride today!
                  Ah, Adam, are saying that your exhaust tip didn't have that custom shape until today?

and.. now we see what "loud et" means.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Ah, Adam, are saying that your exhaust tip didn't have that custom shape until today?

and.. now we see what "loud et" means.

No No No, The exhaust got banged up when I crashed last September. Increasing radius turn, squishy front brakes. I had only put 500 miles on it after the full rebuild and that turn got me. I banged up my little creation.
                    All better now, I rebuilt it the best I could that's why the megaphone end is still dented and the headlight bucket painted a different color.
                    It has the baffle in it, has that great vintage Kerker grumble...just a little dinged up. Still pretty LOUD....and yes, its an "ET" (chain drive, 1980) as you caught on to Dave. haha
                    This was my first GS and hence the odd username choice. lol

Comment

A stop by the river on the ride to work...a few rain drops this morning but a good excuse to log another 100+ miles on the Bandit today.

Comment

Fired up the old 650, first time in over a year. Put in the battery, put it on Prime, started on the first touch of the button, idled perfectly. A pleasant surprise.

Took it for a sixty some mile romp up in the mountains, it's a pretty nice bike for that.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                          Fired up the old 650, first time in over a year.
                          Nice (how many more are you going to surprise us with?).
                          Custom paint. Custom exhaust (muffler anyway).
                          Nice scenery.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                            Fired up the old 650, first time in over a year. Put in the battery, put it on Prime, started on the first touch of the button, idled perfectly. A pleasant surprise.

Took it for a sixty some mile romp up in the mountains, it's a pretty nice bike for that.
                            I feel like I have a stake in that bike....didn't I sell you the gas tank a few years back? I still have my eye out for a decent 650G. When a good one pops up on CL at a fair price it's usually gone pretty quick. BTW, nice pic.
                            Last edited by Guest; 07-22-2013, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Beauty evening for a spin got out for a couple hours. These were taken about 15 min from my place on the 13th side road of new Tecumseth

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                                .......... still have my eye out for a decent 650G. When a good one pops up on CL at a fair price it's usually gone pretty quick. BTW, nice pic.
                                How about one with fairing and bags, here nearby In Michigan.
                                Looks like very good condition. Priced for someone looking for a good one.

You could use the dpep buy-and-fly-and-ride method.

Comment

Working...
                                X